Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

St. Louis Team Magma v. Team Aqua Pre-Release - March 6th, 2004!!!PRIZES UPDATED!!!

meganium45

OK folks - one week to go - we need to get the word out on this one!!!!

Location - Gathering Ground - 2635 Hampton Ave, St. Louis, MO 63139

Time starts - 12:00, begin drafting at 12:30!!!

You know the event! Everyone who comes gets 7 packs of the new Team Magma v Team Aqua packs before they are released!!!! 6 packs to enter the tourney - and everyone is guaranteed at least one pack as a prize, along with an exclusive pre-release promo card - GREAT CARD!!!

3 age division, winner of EACH age division wins a box of the new set Team Magma v. Team Aqua
2nd in EACH age division gets 18 packs of the new set!
3rd and 4th in each age division gets 9 packs each of the new set!!!!
**NEW** 5th-8th in EACH DIVSION get 4 Packs of the new SET!!!!

Same rule as the City Championship - get the WORD OUT - if we get more than 50 players, I will throw in an EXTRA box of Team Magma v. Team Aqua as a special door prize (6 bonus prizes of 6 packs each)

You DO NOT need to bring your cards to this one - I will supply the packs, I will supply the energy, you just need to bring your dice and damage counters (and if anyone could return my dice from cities, it would be appreciated LOL!)

After the main event - we will have a booster draft of Team Magma v. Team Aqua as a bonus event!!!

The main event will be a sealed event - you get your packs, open them and build your decks after getting basic energy that you need from me!

The after event will be a pass-draft, where you open a pack, pick one card, then pass the remaining cards to your neighbor, and get passed a pack, missing one card to choose one, and continue until the pack is done. Then open your next pack, lather, rinse, repeat, until you have gone through all 6 packs.

The prize structure for the after-draft event will be (Yes I am releasing this...no confusion)
For each player there will be 3 packs in the prize pool, with every player being guaranteed a bonus pack!
If there are 8 players - the prizes will be
1st place - 12 packs
2nd place - 6 packs
3rd through 8th place - 1 pack
If there are 16 players the prizes will be
1st place 18 packs
2nd place 10 packs
3rd and 4th place - 4 packs each
5th-16th place - 1 pack

So come for a GREAT FULL day of Pokemon Magma-Aqua Fun - where you leave with at least 7 packs for entering one event - and if you win, you get 43 packs, and if enter the after event too, you get 14 packs, and if you would win both, you could get up to.....66 packs!!!! WOW!!!!

E-mail if you have any questions, but let's get the word out!!!!

Thanks!

Meganium45

Last edited:
well i gotta go vince, somebody has to keep these little kids in line, and i'm just the man to do it!!!!!

well pm me and we'll talk about what can be done to beef this thing up, cuz it doesn't look too good yet

Allright! I will begin my phone canvasing tonight to bring in the Tariqs, the Rileys, the Taneys and all of our other friends which me missed for states.

I can single handedly name about 20 players who were not there, who I was frankly expecting, and I think will show up for the pre-release.

Get Dr. T out of retirement - get a lot of the others out of retirement. When people hear the prizes for States, the Gym Challenges and so on in the next few months, heck, why wouldn't you play Pokemon.

Wouldn't we all like a paid trip to Orlando??? (Assuming they offer it of course)

Any of my regulars who have connections or bring new players to the table, PM me for an offer of bonus product for bringing extra people....all Magma/Aqua of course!

Thanks!

M45

If anyone cares, I'm be brinigng my Gamecube and the Pokémon Colosseum disc (along with the GCN/GBA link cable) so we can upload Jirachi/Berry Program updates to anyone who wants them, also I'll be bringing my e-Reader and the EON Ticket to scan in for anyone who wants that also - so bring your GBA and your copy of Ruby and Sapphire!

yeah this will be the premier pre-release of the midwest, if you're within a day's drive, it's definitely worth it

and if you aren't, you still have time to book a flight.... :D

>_<

Scott, how many times must you forget? Heidi lik3s the other choice!!! She makes clean up easy...

It turnz out that I WILL be in da house for setup and early tournay running....See you all there!

Duck
:D

Only two days to go!!! The boxes are burning a hole in me!

Can't wait to see you all there!

Meganium45!

Oh - there are prizes for the ToP 8 in each division!!! 5th - 8th in EACH division get 4 packs each!!!

M45

Last edited:
meganium45 said:
**NEW** 5th-8th in EACH DIVSION get 4 Packs of the new SET!!!!

NEW??? We have done that every prerelease. Hope everyone has fun at M45's event!!

Last edited:
Yeah Farbs, we have too, with the 5-8th prizes...just when the prize list was originally posted by a certain Steve, he did not include them, and I went with what he said....

Had to update to be CORRECT! (until it changes again)

M45

Psyduck said:
>_<

Scott, how many times must you forget? Heidi lik3s the other choice!!! She makes clean up easy...

It turnz out that I WILL be in da house for setup and early tournay running....See you all there!

Duck
:D

lol, *slaps head*...... sorry chaddy, since i didn't see heidi last week, i forgot.... d'oh!!!

well u know i'll be in the hizzouse!!!

Back