Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ST Pika's Mini GC Report for Niles, IL 6/12/05

ST Pika

Well, since I've been so busy and haven't even been on the boards for almost two weeks, this report and the Philly one are gonna be short, sorry about that for those expecting another "memphis" length report.

I get some sleep after work and come to the tournament, I'm pleasently surprised to see annisrich there, I haven't seen him in ages. I decided to use the same deck as I did the past couple tournaments, but with a slight revision. A good part of Team Chicago is there, as well as a good number of the WI crew. I get my deck list in and shuffle my deck, in the hopes that I don't get any bad games because of a bad draw... here's what happened in the five rounds at this wonderfully run tourney by Vince.

Round 1 vs Abe/CharizardMasterTrainer

A very quick game. He starts with a larvitar vs my mareep, Rare candies turn 1 to a dk pupitar and by turn 3 has the Dk. T-tar there and powered up, I didnt get anything else. D'oh!

0-1

Round 2 vs Cory G/Cursedinfinity

This was a good game. I was able to get my Dk. T-tar w/sand damage out and rocked him twice, causing major damage. He was using Sally and Sally Ex, which concerned me because of the fighting resistance. I kept hitting him, ATM Rock plus 2 Dk. Amphy= major damage across the board. I hate it when I have to play fellow teammates so early in tourneys...

1-1

Round 3 vs Ricky

Almost a 30 minute game here. I got my Dk. T-tar w/sand damage powered up turn 2, he gets a gardy up and nearly kills me... he would have done 140 to knock it out (I had Rocket's hideout in play), but he did 130 because he attached the energy to a benched pokemon and forgot about the hideout. The game may have gone differently if he had remembered the hideout. The slugfest continued back and forth, I think I knocked out a gardy ex as well, I barely win in the end.

2-1

Round 4 vs Kyle S/Pooka

I got started too slowly, he got a very unique deck going and I didn't even take a prize. Oh well, there went any good chance at top 8. Game did last 20 mins, though... am proud of that. I made him earn that win. :thumb:

2-2

Round 5 vs Jason K/Ness

Just like last round, I get a slow start. He gets a total of 3 Medicham Ex's out during this game against me, I take no prizes. That card is really good, it really hampered my draw power. I do regret not adding a card or two to my deck, I had Metal Jirachi stuck up in the active position for over 6 turns, unable to anything because I needed a basic energy to retreat him... and Jason kept hitting me with Medi's first attack, spreading 30 damage out across my Poke's every turn... a truly horrible game.

2-3

It was a fun tourney nonetheless, my last one at Pastimes for a LOOOOONGGGG time, since I'm moving to Tulsa, OK for college very soon. (I leave july 4th) It was nice to be with my friends one last time, I'm sure not everyone will be at the two WI GC's I'm planning to attend nor Nationals... I'll miss you all!

No props or slops... am too tired.

This is ST Pika signing off for now... <reaches for an adult beverage>

Oops... almost forgot to mention that the "Trunk" also was present and would have been helpful had I not had to work that night. Oh well...

Last edited:
Back