Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Stadium ideas

Fox_Master51

Here are a few ideas for Stadium cards that may or may not benefit the TCG:

Chargestone Cave - Stadium

The Retreat Cost of all :lightning: Pokemon in play is :colorless: less.

This card stays in play when you play. Discard this card if another Stadium card
comes into play. If a Stadium card of the same name comes into play, you cannot
play this card.

Reversal Mountain:fire:

All Pokemon with :fire: Energy attached to them have no weakness.

This card stays in play when you play. Discard this card if another Stadium card
comes into play. If a Stadium card of the same name comes into play, you cannot
play this card.

Reversal Mountain:water:

All Pokemon with :water: attached to them have no Retreat Cost.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card
comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

Opelucid City Gym

Once during either player's turn, he or she may discard a card from his or her hand. If they do, the attacks of
that's player's active [Dragon] Pokemon require :colorless: less.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card
comes into play. If a Stadium card of the same name comes into play, you can't
play this card.

Marvelous Bridge

Both players may use the effect of an Item card twice when you play it from your hand.
(Excluding the effects of Tool cards)

comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

Abundant Shrine

Once during each player's turn, that player may flip a coin. If heads, they may look at look at the top 5 cards of their deck, choose a Pokemon they find there and put it in their hand. If tails, they may look at the bottom 5 cards of their deck, choose a Pokemon they find there and put it in their hand. He or she shuffles their deck after either outcome.

(Insert Stadium rule here :biggrin:)
More may come. Check in every now and again. Questions? Comments?

Last edited:
I like these ideas but I think that there should be another Reversal Mountain to reflect the Water aspect of it that appears in Black 2 with the same effects. Maybe call them Lava Reversal Mountain and Aquatic Reversal Mountain to tell them apart?

I like these ideas but I think that there should be another Reversal Mountain to reflect the Water aspect of it that appears in Black 2 with the same effects. Maybe call them Lava Reversal Mountain and Aquatic Reversal Mountain to tell them apart?

You raise a valid point. I play White 2 so the watery RM escaped me. Man, if the other RM had the same effect as the other, Blastoise decks would be a new kind of broken and counter Stadiums would be a necessity.

So make it different, haha.

I don't like the flippiness of Opelucid. You can't build a strategy around it.

Try changing the flip on Opelucid to something along the lines of "Discard 1 card from your hand" in order to use Opelucid City's effect...........

Try changing the flip on Opelucid to something along the lines of "Discard 1 card from your hand" in order to use Opelucid City's effect...........

I like that idea. I just put 'flip a coin' cuz it was all i could think of at that moment. I've updated my post (check above). I've also added Abundant Shrine.

Last edited:
Back