Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

star ocean

balmungmp5

does the origional star ocean game come in english because it is a really fun game but ive only played it in either japanese or japanese with english textboxes. If there is a completely english version can someone give me a link where i could get the rom?

emulation talks arent allowed here

but on the subject, no, it was japanese only. i remember a group working on a full translation of it some years ago, but I think it got shelved because the head translator of the group's hard drive died and near all the work done was lost

Um, on the contrary; if your talking about for PlayStation, I baught it at Wal-Mart. Lol. It exists. I'm afraid I don't have any links to get it anywhere though... =/

Flareon said:
Um, on the contrary; if your talking about for PlayStation, I baught it at Wal-Mart. Lol. It exists. I'm afraid I don't have any links to get it anywhere though... =/
no not Star Ocean: Second Story (hint, the "second story" part means its #2 in the series :wink: ) The first Star Ocean was for the SNES in Japan only, Claude's father was the main character

there was a sequal to second story that only came out in japan for gameboy color its called star ocean :bluesphere. it is similar to starocean 1 but not as fun. star ocean 3 is also pretty fun.

Star Ocean 1 for the SNES was never officially translated in English. There is an unofficial fan translation, and in theory I could link you to the translation site because there's nothing illegal there whatsoever, but finding the game data that the translation is used with is a different story.

Star Ocean: Blue Sphere is essentially a follow up to Star Ocean 2, from what I've understood. Same "minor detail" as the first, except that as far as I'm aware, there is no fan translation available yet for SOBS.

Edit: Addendum: oh, by the way, don't concern yourself too much over the first Star Ocean. It isn't particularly good.

i got the english patch for staarocean 1 and thats pretty kool. there is a site called dejap that makes a lot of english patches.

Back