Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Starting the game, placing basics, and mulligans

plaidlesspez

From what I understand, if your opponent mulligans once, you are allowed to place 1 (?) additional Pokemon to your Bench, after placing your Prize cards but before the coin flip. Is this correct? I am assuming the number is 1 if you drew 1 extra card, 2 if you drew 2 extra cards, etc... but your hand isn't public knowledge, so I'm sort of confused how that's supposed to work or enforced. Maybe I drew a Trainer from the mulligan that makes it better to bench a Pokemon that was already in my hand.

Reference: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?172287-Another-mulligan-question

Additionally, at what point are you not allowed to place more Basics from your hand to your Bench before the game starts? Is it after you put your Prizes out (unless your opponent mulligans)?

Thanks.

BDS was saying what you could do with a drawn basic, not what you could or could not do with any other basics in your hand.

At any time before the coin flip, you can continue to put down Basic Pokemon from your hand. It doesn't matter when they got into your hand.

Back