Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Status Effects Galore! (Unlimited, fairly unusual)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a deck I tested at league today, did fairly well. The strategy worked just as I hoped it would, although I'm sure it helped a great deal that no one played ER or SER. *whistles innocently*

Pokemon: 16
3x Snorlax
3x Cacnea (Poison Payback)
2x Illumise
2x Volbeat
3x Cleffa
3x Drowzee

Trainers: 29
3x Professor Elm
2x Pokemon Fan Club
2x Pokemon Trader
3x Lanette's Net Search
3x Item Finder
2x Copycat
3x Gust of Wind
3x Switch
2x Gold Berry
3x Focus Band
2x Broken Ground Gym
1x Town Volunteers

Energy: 15
9x Grass Energy
4x Recycle Energy
2x Double Colorless Energy

The most favorable situation (Which isn't that hard to achieve) is a Snorlax active, 2 - 3 benched Drowzee. Nearly all of the time, my turn ends with the Defending Pokemon either asleep, or paralyzed. Volbeat/Illumise just BEG to be in here with their attacks. Should the need arise for a bit more damage, I can use the Drowzees to put the opponent to sleep, retreat snorlax, and use Pester. The Cacnea just serve well because although they're just fodder for a short 2 or 3 turns, you still get something out of it without energy.

So while poison is a nice plus, this deck focuses MAINLY on keeping the Defending Pokemon from ever moving/attacking.

Last edited:
MHZ, just which sets are the cards from? I know about the trainers, but what about the pokemon (well...except Illumise and Volbeat)?

Ack, ok, sorry.

Snorlax is Legendary Collection, Drowzee is Legendary Collection, and the Cleffa is Genesis.

I'll also edit in a post to put in an explanation of how the deck works...

alright, just checking.

with that in mind, I really wouldnt change anything. maybe just:

-1 Grass Energy
+1 Double Colorless Energy

just to even them both out

Last edited:
Well, keep this in mind. The Snorlax I'm using has a Pokemon Power, which more or less keeps it from being affected by Sleep, Poison, Paralysis, Confusion, and Burn. The Drowzee I use all have a Pokemon Power called "Long Distance Hypnosis". This power allows me to flip a coin, and if I flip a heads, the Defending Pokemon is asleep. A tails would cause MY active to fall asleep, but this can't be done because of Snorlax's power. If I have 2 - 3 of these on the bench, I'm almost guarenteed the Active will fall asleep. Even then, when I attack with Snorlax, I have a chance of paralyzing him.

I've already given you a lot of tips on this deck over AIM, but I do have one more -- Sleep! Yet another way to give your opponent a disabling Special Condition, and no drawbacks other than a flip.

Well, yes... But they're not reusable, like Drowzee. Not to mention the fact that they take up three spaces, and things are packed as they are.

Any ideas on what you'd take out in order to play them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back