Status Effects Galore! (Unlimited, fairly unusual)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Maverick Hunter Zero, Sep 27, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a deck I tested at league today, did fairly well. The strategy worked just as I hoped it would, although I'm sure it helped a great deal that no one played ER or SER. *whistles innocently*

Pokemon: 16
    3x Snorlax
    3x Cacnea (Poison Payback)
    2x Illumise
    2x Volbeat
    3x Cleffa
    3x Drowzee

Trainers: 29
    3x Professor Elm
    2x Pokemon Fan Club
    2x Pokemon Trader
    3x Lanette's Net Search
    3x Item Finder
    2x Copycat
    3x Gust of Wind
    3x Switch
    2x Gold Berry
    3x Focus Band
    2x Broken Ground Gym
    1x Town Volunteers

Energy: 15
    9x Grass Energy
    4x Recycle Energy
    2x Double Colorless Energy

The most favorable situation (Which isn't that hard to achieve) is a Snorlax active, 2 - 3 benched Drowzee. Nearly all of the time, my turn ends with the Defending Pokemon either asleep, or paralyzed. Volbeat/Illumise just BEG to be in here with their attacks. Should the need arise for a bit more damage, I can use the Drowzees to put the opponent to sleep, retreat snorlax, and use Pester. The Cacnea just serve well because although they're just fodder for a short 2 or 3 turns, you still get something out of it without energy.

So while poison is a nice plus, this deck focuses MAINLY on keeping the Defending Pokemon from ever moving/attacking.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2003
  2. HypnosProjectHQ

HypnosProjectHQ New Member

Drop 3 Drowzee for 1 Switch and 2 Cacturne.

3. Dek

Dek New Member

MHZ, just which sets are the cards from? I know about the trainers, but what about the pokemon (well...except Illumise and Volbeat)?

4. Ack, ok, sorry.

Snorlax is Legendary Collection, Drowzee is Legendary Collection, and the Cleffa is Genesis.

I'll also edit in a post to put in an explanation of how the deck works...

5. Dek

Dek New Member

alright, just checking.

with that in mind, I really wouldnt change anything. maybe just:

-1 Grass Energy
    +1 Double Colorless Energy

just to even them both out

Last edited: Sep 28, 2003
  6. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Why do you have drowzee

7. Well, keep this in mind. The Snorlax I'm using has a Pokemon Power, which more or less keeps it from being affected by Sleep, Poison, Paralysis, Confusion, and Burn. The Drowzee I use all have a Pokemon Power called "Long Distance Hypnosis". This power allows me to flip a coin, and if I flip a heads, the Defending Pokemon is asleep. A tails would cause MY active to fall asleep, but this can't be done because of Snorlax's power. If I have 2 - 3 of these on the bench, I'm almost guarenteed the Active will fall asleep. Even then, when I attack with Snorlax, I have a chance of paralyzing him.

8. dkates

dkates New Member

I've already given you a lot of tips on this deck over AIM, but I do have one more -- Sleep! Yet another way to give your opponent a disabling Special Condition, and no drawbacks other than a flip.

9. Well, yes... But they're not reusable, like Drowzee. Not to mention the fact that they take up three spaces, and things are packed as they are.

Any ideas on what you'd take out in order to play them?

10. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

You dont need any sleep cards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.