Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

steam deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy

was just wondering what people would think of an infernape/empo line for a deck. =D Comments and suggestions welcomed. First rough draft of the deck below...still in the works...

Geisher!

Pokemon
4-3-3 Infernape
4-3-3 Empoleon
2 Spindas

2 Celios Network
2 Galatic Mars
2 Team Galactic Wager
2 Bill's Maintanence
3 rare candy's
2 Professor Oak
2 Professor Rowan
1 Rosanne

8 Fire Energy
6 Water Energy
2 DRE

Last edited:
you really need 4 dre in here, and which oak is that?
if Professor Oak's Visit,
- 1 Monferno
- 1 fire
+ 2 dre
if Professor Oak's Research,
- 2 Oaks' research
+2 dre

It could be the base set Oak,

Total Oak cards invented:4

Professor Oak
Professor Oak Imposter
Professor Oak's Research
Professor Oak's Visit

I think you have 54 cards only or was that on purpose so you can get suggestions?
-2spindas
+2celios
-2mars
+2DRE
-2prof rowan
+2prof oak visits
-1Fire
+1candy
+2scrambles
+2sentret
+2furret
-2bill's main
+1inferLvl.X
+1empolLvl.X
-1fire
+1roseanne's
-1water
+1TSD
Need to speed it up a little. Could add in pluspower if you want.It looks ok I guess.

I would turn the lines into 3-2-3 or 4-2-4 depending on whats played in your area. If its magmorter run a higher line of empoleon then infernape.. for a starter i would probaly switch it to something more helpful like stantler Sw, or absol sw.. etc.. and run 4 of it.. As for the trainers you need 4 celios so you can get your evolutions out faster, and you need a more steady trainer line.. try running something like

4 celios
4 rare candy
3 roseanne's research
3 Tv reporter/oaks visit
3 team galactics wager
2 night maintnance
2 stevens advice
1 copycat

theres a basic trainer build.. you can switch it around to your liking though!

As for the energy I would definatly run 4 double rainbow because you want t2 infernape or empoleon most of the time, and it also helps because empoleon attack cost is 3.

char char: no, that wasnt on purpose, thank you for pointing that out. i thought i had posted 60 cards. >.<

Prize card: sounds good, ill think about your advice. =D when i went to the last regional in my area, it was a mix of different decks, GG, Empoleon, a magmortar deck my friend ran (his is too fast for my mine. >.<). So unfortunately i cant tune it to counter exactly one deck. The meta from what i hear is magmortar/GG but as i stated before i only ran into one GG. Any ideas on how to counter anything i happen to run into?

Theres always certian techs that are appropiate for countering meta-game.. But since you already run 2 diffrent types of energy it would be hard to tech aganist GG.. I would suggesst mismagmus, but that requires you to run even more energy. But I know of someone who ran just straight empoleon and did well with it.. So i will leave you with this idea

Empoleon counters magmorter and spreads, Absol sw counters GG and a lot of other decks.. Mismagmus counters gg..

4-3-4 empoleon (magmorter)
2-2 mismagmus (Gallade/gardivoir)
4 absol sw

Trainers:

same as one I posted before

Energy:

4 Double rainbow
2 scramble
7 water
5 psychic

Take that out for a spin and see how it does.

oooo, i see. so the new one you suggested is more of a well rounded deck so to speak. you just took out the infernape line.

P.S.-whats TSD?

okay, new version of deck

Pokemon
4-3-3 Infernape
4-3-3 Empoleon
4 stantlers/or sentrets

4 celios
4 rare candy
3 roseanne's research
3 professor oaks visit
3 team galactics wager
2 night maintnance
2 stevens advice
1 copycat

8 Fire Energy
6 Water Energy
4 DRE

does that look any better? and i figured out what i want to do with the deck. lol. I'll start with Stantler then work up to empoleon lv x from there, just keep pummeling them and if empoleon's knocked out, then use infernape as a back up. =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back