Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Steel Wing Question

beatlerat

I understand that some effects of attacks and all special condiditons are erased when a Pokemon is either retreated or sent to the bench. But what about the effect on the ATTACKING Pokemon that is sent to the bench. I am speaking of specific wording here, because there are only two or three Pokemon worded this way.
I have Scizor EX (UF 108) active with two Metal Energy and use Steel Wing. My opponent is behind in prizes and uses POW! Hand Extension and brings up one of my my Metagross, evolves an Eevee on the bench to Espeon EX (UF 102), devolves my other Metagross on the bench (knocking out a Metang), then retreats the Active and brings up Espeon EX. The opponent then uses Snap Tail (do 30 damage to one of your opponents Pokemon) and chooses the Scizor EX to do the 30 damage to. I assume the Metel Energies reduce the damage by 20. Wouldn't the effect of the attack (Steel Wing) still be in affect and reduce the damage further? It specifically states "During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to Scizor ex by attacks is reduced by 20 ." Isn't Scizor EX being "attacked." I don't see any ruling in the compendium or the Rules that actually state that effects of attacks go away when the Pokemon is benched, only status effects or special conditions.
Thanks!

Back