Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Steelix SF? why no love

DrewDioxin

other than the blatant flippiness, he seems pretty decent with 'Kiss.I am not saying he is winning Worlds,but for cities,he seems pretty decent with the damage output given flips,plus he spreads rather well to weaken up the field.

I like this with Magnezone DP and lv. X. The idea would be to charge one up while expanding the spread with each energy drop, then retreat for free to another when it gets heavily damaged, move the energy over onto it, and continue spreading. Super Scoop Up could be used to heal. Compatibility with Special Metal is also nice.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Actually, on second thought, it probably would be better with Togekiss, Energy Link, and a heavy amount of Warp Point/Switch. I've been trying Steelix with Magnezone and it just takes a long time to get going while lacking OHKO ability (unless you're a flip expert), which is unacceptable in this format. With the aforementioned cards you could just worry about powering one Steelix up quickly via Serene Grace and then Link it with another and conserve that way, with Warp/Switch providing the Magnezone DP effect.

Last edited:
Its best as a wall deck...but everybody is hyping cards that can easily crush a wall, so its not that good. Kiss isn't a good idea.

It needs 5/6 energy to spread 20 to all of the opponent's bench. I'd rather use cards like Tangrowth or Empoleon or Magmortar that can spread 20-30 to 2 things for 2-3 energy.

It needs 5/6 energy to spread 20 to all of the opponent's bench. I'd rather use cards like Tangrowth or Empoleon or Magmortar that can spread 20-30 to 2 things for 2-3 energy.

Ya. Tyranitar SF can do a better job... :lol:
Anyway, its 2nd attack can be deadly if you are lucky in flipping coins...

Ha, I keep coming back to this thread and changing my mind. Well I was messing around with this card again last night and I realized it really doesn't work with Togekiss that well. Too many cards can KO it too easily before it gets enough damage spread around, and the Energy Link/Warp conservation combo isn't that easy to pull off. On top of that, there are cards like DP Torterra that completely shut it down.

However, going back to my original idea with Magnezone, I realized how great it can be with Palkia lv. X thrown into the mix (and Palkia lv. X should be in every Magnezone deck unless the focus is completely not on the DP Magnezone for whatever reason). That way, you can repeatedly Restructure something like Claydol and then snipe all of your opponent's Pokemon turn after turn while it just sits there. Retreating it will take 2 turns, which is 40 across the board, and then you can just bring it right back out with another Restructure. More than likely the opponent isn't going to be able to do 130+ (with Special Metals attached) to OHKO Steelix, so you can just retreat for free and Electric Trans the energy onto another fresh Steelix after you Restructure the Claydol out once more if you get hit hard. Basically every single turn of the game you would aim to be attacking their bench with something like Claydol active. Warp Points eventually run out, and so do energy so retreating no longer becomes an option. If you get enough spread attacks off, you can easily sweep with DP Magnezone anyway. One of the best parts of this whole little combo is that you never even have to hit the Claydol/other usual bench sitter that you Restructure, meaning that the amount of turns you can keep it stuck there while spreading to everything else are unlimited. For example you could hit it for 3 turns straight leaving it at 20 HP and then neglect to hit it after that until you were ready to. TM-TS2 is also amazing after you've spread enough. If they can't get Claydol out of the active position, you can just devolve away, burning Rare Candies, getting KOs, etc..

Being able to eventually lock something like Claydol active makes Steelix into a monster. Otherwise it really isn't that good.

Last edited:
It would be annoying with Magnezone I imagine, spread while walling and making it easier for Zone to score KO's.
Outside of that, I don't see much use with it.

well
it seems im the only one...
but i love this card

absolutely love him

hes an amazing early gamer
you spread... then on your 4th turn... you flip... if you get 1 heads the defending pokemon dies
if you get tails... wel.... next turn youll probably get heads
if your using special metal energy, then of course he'll last that extra turn hes got 130 hp and a PSY resistance

and hes not a bad late gamer
by the time you get one out late game-- you'll have some damage spread
so 1 heads will kill whatever they have out anyway

the only problem i can think of thats big is that his spead is in multiples of 20
kingdra has 130 hp
so in order to kill kingdra, your first steelix will have to have hit him twice with spread

that kinda sucks (but then again, with a special energy or 2 he can survive kingdras hits...)

i think hes awesome, but a lot of people think otherwise

if you're ahead in prizes.. why not... lol

Someone dropped one on me in a RedShark game...

It was a cute little finisher... took last 2 prizes... nothing i could do...

Once more we see a card thats realy good but hard to find the right play it with. Magnazone works with it but low hp of the Magnimites and the heavy retreat fo Onix make it tough to play against kingdra.(Onix sits until it dies and Steelix cant focus danage on one attacker early game) Leafeon\Togikiss is a much better choice imo. They all seem kind of slow.

I have played Steelix/Togekiss/Drifblim before, I have learned that it doesn't need the Drifblim and the Togekiss does clean up very nicely, Steelix could win a Cities or 2 IMO

The problem with any sort of energy accelerator and Steelix is that even with 130 HP and Special Metal compatibility, Steelix gets KOed too easily before it can really get a lot of damage on the board. It will usually only get a couple of spread attacks off (and that is the attack you should be using since the other is such a gamble) and that is not enough to win games. Getting another one up and running with 4-6 energy is not easy either even with an accelerator.

The reason Magnezone works is you can retreat Steelix for free while also swapping the energy around, meaning that if you're about to get KOed you have a chance to conserve your fuel and keep spreading longer. With Palkia lv. X you can also lock something harmless like Claydol active and just hammer their bench without Steelix taking a scratch (it may take a few Restructures, but eventually you'll be able to secure a lock). You don't even have to worry about KOing everything via spread either since you can easily do 90+ with Magnezone and finish off just about anything after 2-3 spread attacks. Restructure conveniently lets you have your choice of what to pick off in what order, of course, which is nice.

The problem with any sort of energy accelerator and Steelix is that even with 130 HP and Special Metal compatibility, Steelix gets KOed too easily before it can really get a lot of damage on the board. It will usually only get a couple of spread attacks off (and that is the attack you should be using since the other is such a gamble) and that is not enough to win games. Getting another one up and running with 4-6 energy is not easy either even with an accelerator.

The reason Magnezone works is you can retreat Steelix for free while also swapping the energy around, meaning that if you're about to get KOed you have a chance to conserve your fuel and keep spreading longer. With Palkia lv. X you can also lock something harmless like Claydol active and just hammer their bench without Steelix taking a scratch (it may take a few Restructures, but eventually you'll be able to secure a lock). You don't even have to worry about KOing everything via spread either since you can easily do 90+ with Magnezone and finish off just about anything after 2-3 spread attacks. Restructure conveniently lets you have your choice of what to pick off in what order, of course, which is nice.

LISTEN TO THIS MAN!!!

Back