Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

still new, got a few questions

travis3290

So i finally played my first game after years, and i couldnt believe how fun it was. I got some questions though.

1. What are the exact rules on burn? I understand the damage with the flip, but if they get heads does the burn go away, or does it stay unless they use, say, double full heal?

2. For a card with a level X form, does having those count towards the 4 copy limit(ex: can i have 4 gengars and 4 gengar levelX's?)

3. Any cards that pull energies out of the discard?(specifically grass) can be pokepower, trainer, whatever.

Also, in general, ive decided to just try and not fall into the "play top decks" syndrome and make my own decks, i guess thats called rogue in the pokemon TCG, but i just call it fun. Theres something relaxing about making decks, reworking decks, organizing stuff, i think it might be my OCD kicking in but whatever it feels nice

All help is appreciated.

1. Burn stays until they retreat or use a card like full heal.

2. yes, it does count towards the limit. So, no you cant have 4 gengars and 4 lvlxs. You could have 2 and 2 though.,

3. Palmer's contribution and night maintenance can get energies into your deck from the discard.

There are a lot of cards that can get any Energies out of the discard pile. For Grass Energy, there is Tangrowth Lv. X's attack, there is Energy Restore, and there are many other attacks and such.

The reason you can only have up to 4 of a Lv. X plus its lower level is because the level is not part of the name, including when that level "number" is X. You might notice on some of the Lv. X cards that if there's a self-reference in an attack or Poke-Power or Poke-Body, there is no mention of Lv. X in the name (e.g. Garchomp C Lv. X's attack says "Discard 2 Energy attached to Garchomp C.")

hey thanks guys, i really appreciate the responses.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Oh heres another question, whats the difference between pokepower and pokebody? are there different rules behind them?

Last edited:
Poké-POWER's are usually optional, sometimes a one-time usage, effect 1 Pokémon, and usually shut off by when the Pokémon is effected by a Special Condition (some do not - it'll say on the card).

Poké-BODY's are usually mandatory (meaning you don't have a choice to invoke it or not) and not shut of when under a Special Condition.

Poké-POWER's are usually optional, sometimes a one-time usage, effect 1 Pokémon, and usually shut off by when the Pokémon is effected by a Special Condition (some do not - it'll say on the card).

Poké-BODY's are usually mandatory (meaning you don't have a choice to invoke it or not) and not shut of when under a Special Condition.

very cool thanks

ill throw out ANOTHER question here

Rare candy breaks the turn 1 evolution rule if im going second right? im pretty sure it does cause thats how decks like kingdra work but i wanna be sure.

thanks

Back