Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Still sticking to my Slaking :D fix please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpson_Fan

Here's a new version, please fix.

Pokemon: 23/14 Basic

4 Dunsparce
3 Slakoth (Slack Off)
2 Vigoroth (Rage)
3 Slaking (Lazy)
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgeot
2 Natu (Soothing Wave)
2 Xatu (Healing Wind)
1 Spoink
1 Grumpig

Trainers: 20

4 Rare Candy
3 Celio's Network
1 Steven's Advice
1 Copycat
1 Switch
2 Warp Point
3 Surprise! Time Machine
1 Meteor Falls
2 Desert Ruins
2 Mr. Briney's Compassion

Energy: 17

1 Scrambled
3 Boost
13 Psychic

Strategy:

Get out Slaking as fast as possible and do 100 damage over and over again. Use Xatu's Healing Wind to stop Vigoroth beeing KO'ed when you use S! TM.

Against GEX/BEX: Grumpig
Against Draggy: Slaking
Against Zapdos ex: Slaking + Desert Ruins :D
Against Salamence ex: Slaking

This should win a lot of games. I kinda try to counter the metagame in my area. Playtesting tomorrow :D
Tell me what you think :)

Last edited:
Simpson_Fan said:
Against GEX/BEX: Grumpig
Against Draggy: Slaking
Against Zapdos ex: Slaking + Desert Ruins :D
Against Salamence ex: Slaking

The deck is constructed well enough, I guess, but you left out the most dominating deck in the format in your stack-up chart: Rock-Lock. Is there no Dark Tyranitar/Dark Ampharos in Norway?

I'd probably play a Scramble Energy for tech, because it's a really great card for when you're behind in prizes and trying to make a quick comeback. It's like boost, but it stays on your Pokemon forever and it provides 3 Rainbow Energy at a time.

Also, consider at least 1 Mr. Briney's Compassion. In addition to being an easy method of healing for when Xatu doesn't get the job done, Mr. Briney's Compassion can also, in theory, act as a switching card, since you are removing the active Slaking from play, thereby cancelling its effect. If you have another Slaking on the bench, you can send that one right up and have another Slaking active in 1-2 turns (depends on if you want to Rare Candy or not).

Good luck.

Thank you very much! :D Nah... Don't have THAT many Rock-Lock decks here, only a few amount. I thought of Briney's, but what to take out for it? Mmmm... Yeah, I'll take out 1 Psychic for 1 Scramled...
I thinki I kinda get pwned by Rock-Lock anyways :p

Last edited:
I just got back from Vinterbro League, and I placed 2nd in the Saturday tournament :D
I think I will use this deck for Nationals, but I feel like something is lacking... Any more comments/fixes?

Last edited:
As have been said here, Rock-Lock isn't as popular in Norway as in America. (I have a Rock-Lock deck myself, but I'm not yet satisfied with how consistant it is... but that's another story)

This is one of those decks where you get very tight on space... You are very depentant on a Pidgeot ASAP... so I would recommend going 3 Celio's and dropping a Strength Charm... If you want to add another Celios or another Stevens Advice, drop a Desert Ruins.... and if you need any more cards than that you'll have to cheat... (No, Simpson_Fan... don't even think about it... :) !!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back