Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

stopping rumors

Articjedi

I don't know where to start, but there has been a recent rumor spread by another TO about my best friend and I'm not sure what to do about it nor do I know what this TO's intentions are. I got a message over facebook from a fellow player that my friend was making rude and inappropriate remarks about other players during regionals, none of which actually happened. The TO said that he got the information as hearsay from another player, to which I contacted this other player and he said that nothing of the sort ever happened.

I'm not sure what to do about this, because it looks like this TO has a grudge against my friend for whatever reason. Is there anything that can be done, I already talked to the other PTO's in my area to try to nip the rumors in the bud, but it looks like it's spreading among the player population. How do you guys stop untrue rumors from spreading? I'm thinking of having my friend talk to this guy once he gets the chance, but what if he keeps on slandering my friend?

Sue for defamation of character.

Do it the American way ;)

But seriously, the best way to kick rumors is by going to the source. 99% of the time, people figure it out after a confrontation.

talk to the person about it.
this is probably the easiest thing to do.

find out why it's being done ect.

Sometimes rumours happen and there isn't much you can do about them.
Sometimes some are blatantly not true that no one is going to believe them anyway.

I never really comment on rumors at all, because they are never true. It happens because, like always, people love juicy gossip.

Back