Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Stormfront Magnezone Revealed!

rhodesia123

DP7_EN_5.jpg
http://go-pokemon.com/tcg/common/ca...g/cards/dp/07/cardgallery/popups/DP7_EN_5.jpg

http://go-pokemon.com/tcg/cards/featured/

The Metal-type Stage 2 Pokémon Magnezone (Stormfront, 5/100) comes equipped with two powerful attacks, but it's Magnezone's amazing Magnetic Search Poké-Power that will attract most players. Once during your turn, Magnetic Search allows you to search your deck for a Lightning- or Metal-type Pokémon and put it into your hand. Using this Poké-Power, you can quickly seek out Stage 1 Pokémon, Stage 2 Pokémon, or even Pokémon LV.X exactly when you need them. With Magnezone on your Bench, setting up your strategy is a snap!

the power is good but both attacks are horrible. looks like binder candy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see a Zone deck becoming VERY popular once this set comes out. VERY popular...

There will be 3 Legal Magnezone and a Magnezone Lv.X by the time this set is released. Players will have to decide which ones they want to run.

I think I will want to run 1 DP, 2 Electric SF, 1 lv.X. This allows for Free Retreat with the DP one, energy recycling with the SF ones, and the good power/attack from the lv.X.

Although this one isn't bad, it doesn't really bring anything to the table that the other Magnezones don't. Many things can search your deck for a Pokemon.

I actually like this one alot better than the other one because it allows you extra speed. Then again the other one allows the loss of electrivier. I think the way of playing it is 2 DP for the free retreat and a lot of attach power and 1 this one or the other one.

The electric one is a bit better; you get to take electivire out of the deck and add some more stuff...i don't know, more trainers and stuff. This guy isn't bad though. If I were to run a Magnezone deck, I'd use 1LV X, 2 DP, and 1 lightning SF, because Magnezone DP's attack isn't that bad, lightning SF's is.

looks alright, but since your limit is 4, one space being the lv.X, this one just shouldnt be used as it fails in comparison to the other two zones

The problem is that the Magnezone line is overambitious feeling. Even as a tech. Oh, i can can tech a 1-0-1 line into my deck for free retreat. Or do i want a free search per turn? Or do i want some energy accleration?

It's probably the most versatile pokemon ever made in the tcg.(Not this magnezone, Magnezone in general.)

All the Magnezones are so good that are literally preventing the others from being played. Still, a free celios per turn is pretty nice in some decks.

Its Power is not really that akin to Celio's because of the whole "Lightning or Steel" clause. That means you can't get your Claydol line or your Palkia and its lv. X or your Blissey line or your tech Azelf or Chatot or Uxie or whatever else. It reminds me of Fearow d more than Celio's (or Nidoqueen d for that matter, which was a living, breathing Celio's).

Magnetic Search is still good though, just not as good as Magnetize or Super Conductivity. Therefore I think this Magnezone will see the least play out of the three by a considerable margin.

This is a good Magnezone.

But will people be running 1 of these, 1 of the other Magnezone SF, 1 of the Magnezone DP, and 1 of the Magnezone Lv.X's? They're all good it's hard to know what to use. :biggrin:

Like many people have already said the best and worst thing about magnezone is that every single version of him is so good that it makes it hard to really decide which ones are going to be used or not. One magnezone helps to retreat, another is a search engine, and the last one is an old poke power reborn in a new form to help recover energies.

After careful consideration though I have to agree with many and say that most decks will run either Super connectivity and the free retreat along with a lv. X. Although I can also see one trying to make work one of every magnezone plus a Lv. X. Although when one thinks about it that method probably won't work as you would need to get everyone into play meaning three bench spots are taken up as opposed to only needing two.

I think I will want to run 1 DP, 2 Electric SF, 1 lv.X. This allows for Free Retreat with the DP one, energy recycling with the SF ones, and the good power/attack from the lv.X.

Same here. Magnazone is going to be amazing after Stormfront. Very interesting deck.

Robot & Yeti, will still lives on to be stronger :D

Love this Magnezone.

I am planning on running
2 DP
1 SF-m
1 Lv.X

:)

If you can set this up with electivire motor drive, and some energy switching, you can 80/paralyze a lot with the LvX. The power on this one works toward getting that set up.

I should also note that Heatran Lv. X works with Crush Volt, seeing as this is a Steel pokemon.

Of course, Heatran Lv. X is a Fire type, but there is a Steel Heatran. If you run this with Magnezone DP and a Magnezone Lv. X, you're pretty much set.

Magnezone SF(Lightning) = Metagross DX

this is obviously the best of the three,energy acceleration and a decent attack to make up for its heavy retreat cost is worth the play. Then with the Lv.X,you use the attack,bring up something for bait,then move energy and KO.

Magnezone SF(Steel)= Less effective Metagross DS

It searches for pokemon,which can be ok,but it dosent ever need to be over 1 mostly unless your basing off sniping.
The other Magnezone is better and has more deck versitility than the others.

Back