Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Strange contrails

Yucky Muky

Have any of you looked out the window and seen really strange contrail patterns in the sky? These contrails don't go awayand leave a hazy cloud there is also talk saying that there is chemicals that can hurt us in these.
Contrails = the stuff sprays out with the engine exhaust (I think).
If so tell me what you have seen! and if possible show us pictures!

The Strange contrail patterns I have seen.
I once saw a plane ( military I think) making a big circle right above my house (or close to it) then another plane put a line through it.

I have also seen them just making straight lines and tic-tac-toe patterns.

Chemicals can hurt you? OH NO, we are all going to die!

GET RID OF THE DETERGENT AND SOAP, CHEMICALS CAN KILL US!!!!!

We just see straight contrails, but sometimes planes are flying pretty low above our house

Or, as conspiracy theorists say: Chemtrails.

Seriously, they do.

I say: who cares?

I mean, why would planes spew toxic chemicals out of their exhaust? Wouldn't all of our airport workers/technicians/engineers be dead by now if that was true?

Chemtrails

:nonono: The Chemtrails above my house Longview WA are not just straight lines
I have seen them making x's and circles and once a badly made triangle!
Sandslash7 no they wouldn't be dead the stuff they mix with the exhuast
hurts your lungs kinda like cigrettes well not exactly but it hurts your lungs
and some people say that the GOVERMENT is tring to control the weather or prevent global warming.
Oh and do any of you notice that it stays and makes a haze?

Um... I lived near an airport for 18 years, and I never noticed any wierd designs(sp?) or a haze left.

Could you repost your 3rd and fourth line? I don't understand.

Do you mean it takes a while to take affect? Than still, they would have a much higher "cancer rate"(for example) than normal people, but I haven't seen or heard of any evidence to that end.

Now, imagine the entire atmosphere. About 90% is contained beneath 16 km in height. That is roughly 9 miles of air. So each square foot of the earth has nine miles of air above it. That is a whole lot of atmosphere. If there was some sort of contamination from planes it would take literally decades apon decades to see any response.

Thus, the only place that would have a high concentration of engine exhaust would be an airport, right? On that basis:

We have been using commercial airplanes for over 45 years now. Surely some people would have became ill after working at an airport, right? Yet no studies have shown any correlation between airplane exhaust and any significant disease.

I see no reason to fear the lines left by airplanes in the sky.

In actuallity, my findings have been that contrails are artificial cirrus clouds, caused by the over-saturation of water vapor in colder air, literally a stream of ice crystals that appear to be clouds.

You say you live in Longview WA? Is there a possibility that there is a Flight School nearby?

There is a Public Airport nearby. KLS airport: http://www.myafd.com/airport/KLS

It has about 107 aircraft activities(takeoff, landing, such) on average per day.

Could it be a few people learning how to fly making patterns in the sky?

Anyway...

If there was some sort of contamination from planes it would take literally decades apon decades to see any response.

Good thing airplanes haven't existed for decades... and... decades...

Oh. They have.

Yet no studies have shown any correlation between airplane exhaust and any significant disease.

Cigarettes weren't considered unhealthy for many, many years either. Now look at how people hate their toxic chemicals.

I see no reason to fear the lines left by airplanes in the sky.

At least ones not made by me, anyway.

Good thing airplanes haven't existed for decades... and... decades...

Oh. They have.

Yeah, I know... I meant more along the lines of 80-100 years... (for commercial airplanes w/jet engines, which have only been around for ~55 years)

Cigarettes weren't considered unhealthy for many, many years either. Now look at how people hate their toxic chemicals.

Me included.

Yucky Muky:
Also, the rate at which the atmosphere could be poluted by strange chemicals, It would seem likely to me that the first people to suffer would be the techs/engineers/so forth that work at airports. Yet after 50 years, there aren't any strange coincidences that allign working at an airport to diseases. Now, with that in place, I say that if airport workers haven't been affected yet, (by which they are the most suseptible to such "contamination") than it would take a MUCH longer time to affect the normal population.

i.e. If suddenly, a great contingent of airport workers came down with a strange disease in say, 20 years, than it would take maybe double or triple the entire time to widely affect the rest of the population. (for planes to raise the level of "contanimation" in the atmosphere to a place where it can adversly affect the human body)

Anyway...

Well, I must say, while that is a very large web site, with a lot of articles, I'm not convinced.

And I expect you aren't either.

I'll lay off now, it's not worth getting into a heated debate about whatevertheyare.

My opinion still is that they won't hurt me.

Back