Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Strategies involving the EXP Share tool

jigglejuice

So in our next set there is a card being released called EXP share. It is a tool that allows you to swap a basic energy from your active pokemon to a benched pokemon with the tool attached upon the active being knocked out. You then discard the tool. I have heard literally zero mention of any attempts to utilize the tool. Does anybody see a way for it to consistently be a staple? My best guess would be in Decks involving the eels. If you were only able to get two eels into play and your zekrom on the bench used them to attach two electric energies, you could guarentee the third by attaching the tool to it and awaiting the fall of your currently active attacker assuming it has energy attached.. It does say it has to be your opponent's attack though so sadly self inflicted damage from Bolt strike wouldn't count. Anybody else see any decks it could thrive in?

It could work in decks that run 3 energy attackers but lack a consistent energy acceleration. (CoKE, for example)

Personally, I think it'll be extremely useful in any deck with Terrakion. Would just make his Retaliate a lot more powerful. I'd also imagine that it will be used in Six Corners and CoKE/LaKE decks, regardless of the presence of Terrakion in those decks.

-Serge
Posted with Mobile style...

Ohh yeah Terrakion would definitely be a good fit for the card. What about using it when you have a tornadus active? It will just add one more step of energy flow when he is taken out.

i dont know why you should use exp share in a basic deck if there is eviolite. eviolite helps every pokemon in a basic deck but exp. share doesnt. besides some of the basic decks like 6 corners are using shaymin which is superior to exp. share imo.
besides tornadus is moving basic energies already and i doubt you will ever use exp share if you defeat a tornadus because tornadus often has DCE and a basic energy...

Why run EXP Share when you can run Shaymin UL for Celebration Wind and SSU/Seeker to get back the Pokemon and Energies? That's what I'm doing with my CaKE deck and it can work like a charm.

I realize it a pretty inferior card. I was just curious if we could brainstorm and find a use for it. Just a bit of a different discussion. Perhaps one day when Shaymin gets rotated the card can at least be a tiny tiny replacement for it.

Why run EXP Share when you can run Shaymin UL for Celebration Wind and SSU/Seeker to get back the Pokemon and Energies? That's what I'm doing with my CaKE deck and it can work like a charm.
Because Shaymin can't get energy back from the discard. Exp. Share lets you attack until the card is knocked out, then save one of the energy on the attacker. Shaymin would force you to stop a turn early. And you don't have to waste your supporter for the turn or run risky cards like SSU. Shaymining all the energy off your attacker, then hoping to hit a heads to get it out of the active spot is too risky.Using that combo also takes more space than Exp. Share. You also don't know how many PlusPower your opponent has in their hand, or what other tricks they have for a surprise OHKO.

Terrakion is probably the best combo for it.

Back