Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Suicune ex moving DRE

GOROY

Hi, my friend Dark Tyranitar and I were playing at league today, and we weren't sure what to do about this....

I have active Suicune ex and use his first attack and do 10 to his benched Wailord. Suicune says that I can move an energy from the pokemon I attacked and move it to another of his pokemon. Wailord had DRE on it, and I tried to move it to his benched Swinub. I thought that moving it to a basic would get rid of the energy, since it doesen't let you attach it to a basic. He said that I couldn't move it to Swinub because he wasn't evolved and the energy would have to stay since Wailord was his only evolution pokemon in play. The basic question was, since Suicune says i can move the energy to any of his pokemon, can I move it to the Swinub, since DRE says this can't be attached to basics and ex's, and if the pokemon it is attached to becomes basic (or an ex even-though it doesn't say that part) to discard the DRE.

Scyther_Trainer ruled this to stay on the Wailord, and we played it that way, but I just want to be sure.
Thanks!

Back