Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Super Raichu's Ingame help Centre

*Due to my last topic being closed, I had to revamped it to fit forum regulations, but I still am still accepting applications for the rating center.*

Welcome to the Grand re-opening of my new topic. This topic will help people new to the game, or just plain need help in the world of Pokemon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--Tired of losing to your friends in link battles? Afraid to tackle the frontier for fear of being shamed? Well the rating section is for you, just post your team to recieve tips on how to improve your team into a team of champions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign-up sheet for raters
------------------------
CardRaider
Ancient Pokemon Trainer
Metagross EX

Licensed Raters
-----------------------
Ancient Pokemon Trainer
Metagross EX
CardRaider

Please PM your answers.

Last edited:
People setting up deck/team 'garages' are generally a lousy idea, and in my moderating experience only lead to turf wars, with groups of so-called 'experts' attacking each other's advice rather than helping people who are asking for help.

Why should people have to post their team in YOUR thread to get your opinion?

All that leads to is other people setting themselves up as self-declared 'experts', and members posting the SAME deck/team in a bunch of threads in order to get opinions from multiple 'fixers'.

It's a lot more efficient for people to make their OWN thread and anyone who cares to reply can reply.

Do NOT change the format of these forums: people start their OWN threads, and those who wish to comment, can. Set up your 'team', but do NOT set up a 'garage' thread; comment in the threads people start for rating their teams.

'mom

Im jus trying to cut down the amount f help topics, that seem to be so common, and if any turf wars insue rest assured I personally will handle them, now back to the raters all raters must take a test its not hard, but it's something I made in my spare time, jus copy, and paste the questions. To be a rater you must answer 7/10 correctly.

1. What is wrong with this moveset?
Gyarados@Petaya
Modest:Intimidate
252 Attack 252 Sp.Atk 6 Speed
Flamethrower
Hyper Beam
Surf
Thunderbolt

2. Where do you catch Mew,Lati@s the Regis, Deoxys,Ho-oh, and Lugia.

3. Whos better Groudon, or Kyogre?

4. Make a suitable moveset for Tyrannitar, Dragonite, and Salamence aside from the standard.

5.Name the 7 Battle Frontier.

6. Which moveset is the best?overall
Pikachu@Light Ball
Timid:Static
252 Speed 252 Sp.Atk 6 HP
Surf
HP Ice
Thunderbolt
Substitute

Pikachu@Leftovers
Hasty:Static
252 Attack 252 Speed 6 Sp.Atk
Focus Punch
Substitute
Volt Absorb
Encore

7.In Emerald these berries reduce which stat?
Pomeg Berry -
Kelpsy Berry -
Qualot Berry -
Hondew Berry -
Grepa Berry -
Tamato Berry-

8. Describe briefly what IVs, and EVs are.

9. What in gods name is Tyranniboah, and why is he so good?

10. To Be Announced

There's NOTHING wrong with the number of topics asking for help in this forum.

I'm not sure just who you think you are, but "you" won't be "taking care" of any conflicts arising in the forum: the mods/admins will.

If you'd like to make your own rules, perhaps you should set up your OWN forum and you can run it any way you want; the PokéGym will be run by the rules set up by Team Compendium up in the Announcements forum.

'mom

Well... I'll post my testing NB team to get things started.

Umbreon@Leftys
Bold: Synchronize
236 HP 68 Df 204 Sp. Df
Baton Pass
Charm
Mean Look
Wish

Tyranitar@Leftys
Quiet: Sand Stream
252 HP 68 Sp 188 Sp. At
Crunch
Focus Punch
Substitute
Thunderbolt

Armaldo@Leftys
Impish: Battle Armor
180 HP 96 At 152 Df 80 Sp. Df
HP Bug
Knock Off
Rock Blast
Swords Dance

Skarmory@Leftys
Impish: Sturdy
252 HP 252 Df 6 At
Drill Peck
Roar
Spikes
Toxic

Metagross@Leftys
Adamant: Clear Body
6 HP 252 At 252 Sp
Agility
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Shadow Ball

Sceptile@Lum Berry
Modest: Overgrow
6 HP 252 Sp 252 Sp. At
Endeavor
Endure
HP Fire
Leaf Blade

(The order is just random except for the first. So don't go WHAT? when you see Sceptile after Tyranniboah just to LYK.)

Ancient Pokemon Trainer said:

Umbreon@Leftys
236 HP 68 Df 204 Sp. Df
Baton Pass
Charm
Mean Look
Wish

Tyranitar@Leftys
252 HP 68 Sp 188 Sp. At
Crunch
Focus Punch
Substitute
Thunderbolt

Armaldo@Leftys
HP Bug
Knock Off
Rock Blast
Swords Dance

Skarmory@Leftys
252 HP 252 Df 6 At
Drill Peck
Roar
Spikes
Toxic

Metagross@Leftys
6 HP 252 At 252 Sp
Agility
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Shadow Ball

Sceptile@Lum Berry
6 HP 252 Sp 252 Sp. At
Endeavor
Endure
HP Fire
Leaf Blade

(The order is just random except for the first. So don't go WHAT? when you see Sceptile after Tyranniboah just to LYK.)

You have too many Sweepers. Sand Stream will eat them alive. Take out Armaldo and put in Blissey or Celebi. For Sceptile, after Endure+Endeavor, you are likely KOed. But the rest of your team are all horrifically slow, thus giving the other poke a chance to survive or leave a big dent in your next poke. You also need some sort of Rapid Spinner and Spike Protector. I suggest Claydol and Dusclops, respectively.
Overall, looks good. :wink:

Not unless it's some sort of tourny/battle frontier thing. So yes everyone can have Leftys. And CR the point is that Sceptile DOES get KOed. Then I bring up Boah and Sand Stream = KO their 1 HP. And Armaldo plays a key part in Knocking Off their Leftys so Sand Stream as more effect. But I do like the Claydol idea. Thnx!

EDIT: Okay I thought of taking out Umbreon because if someone Subs it screws me. Put in Claydol. But I have a question. I was thinking of putting Sceppy/Skarm up first and can't decide. Wich one is better first? Thnx!

Last edited:
Ancient Pokemon Trainer said:

Umbreon@Leftys
236 HP 68 Df 204 Sp. Df
Baton Pass
Charm
Mean Look
Wish

Goog keep as is, or you might look into Toxic.

Tyranitar@Leftys
252 HP 68 Sp 188 Sp. At
Crunch
Focus Punch
Substitute
Thunderbolt

Finally Tyranibaoh we meet...

Armaldo@Leftys
HP Bug
Knock Off
Rock Blast
Swords Dance

Add someting else

Skarmory@Leftys
252 HP 252 Df 6 At
Drill Peck
Roar
Spikes
Toxic

Whirlwind instead of Roar.

Metagross@Leftys
6 HP 252 At 252 Sp
Agility
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Shadow Ball

252 Attack, just enough speed to get to 198, rest wherever you like.

Sceptile@Lum Berry
6 HP 252 Sp 252 Sp. At
Endeavor
Endure
HP Fire
Leaf Blade

No just no..

Great cept for Sceptile, try HP Ice,Leech Seed,Leaf Blade,Thunderpunch@Brightpowder

Back