Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Super Smash Bros. Battle Cards First Set

Shadowmaster

***THIS TOPIC IS NO LONGER BEING SUPPORTED, TO CHECK THE LATEST UPDATES FOR THIS SET, PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK***

Set Title: Click here to View

Finally got around to updating all 59 cards for Super Smash Bros. Battle Cards's first set (Simply called Super Smash Bros. XD), which is all based on characters, items and stages that appeared in the first Smash game released on N64.

For those of you who do not know much about the Smash Cards, they work just like the Pokemon TCG cards (Hence why I'm posting it here), with a few small differences listed below.

• There's a new Energy type called Star, it's basically a combination of light, magic and space elements, and fits better with the Nintendo style.
  • Colorless Energy is referred to as Smash Energy and uses a different symbol.
  • Pokemon cards are called Smasher cards.
  • The Status Condition Paralysed was renamed to Stunned. Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies are renamed to Smash Powers and Smash Bodies respectively.
  • Stage cards exist, but in this set don't advance any further than Stage 1. Ex cards also exist.
  • Trainer cards are called Support cards, and most Support cards work very differently compared to their Pokemon counterparts. In this set are four different kinds of Support cards: Item, Equipment, Setting and Stage cards.
  • Stage cards work just like Stadium cards, and Item cards work just like normal Trainer cards. Setting type cards are a different kind of Trainer card under a different category to help seperate them from Item cards.
  • Equipment cards are like TMs and function differently. Unlike nearly all TMs which only last for a turn, Equipment Cards can last for varying amounts of time, from one time use to staying until the Smasher it is attached to is Knocked Out.
  • Competitively wise, Smash Cards focus more on Support cards than the Pokemon TCG do with Trainer cards.
  • There's a few rule differences that I don't bother to go into detail about because I've already talked too much.
Keep in mind that when reviewing these cards, despite using the same gameplay functions as Pokemon TCG, it isn't exactly compatible with it. Compared to the Pokemon TCG, Smash Cards use a HP, Weakness/Resistance and Retreat Cost formula similar to that of the D&P series cards, but uses the damage and effect formula from the original Base Set series. I did this for longer lasting battles because I thought Pokemon did an insanse amount of damage for 3+ Energy compared to previous sets (That and many Smashers don't go past Basic Stage).

Also another thing to take note, while few of the Smashers with lower HP may come across as useless to you, future sets will be made with higher Stage cards for these Smashers (Including Lv.X card equivilents called FS, short for Final Smash).

Click here if you want to see more Smash card sets.

Now lets get on with it.

Card Listing

Rare
14/59 Giant Donkey Kong
15/59 Metal Mario
16/59 Polygon Team

Uncommon
10/59 Jigglypuff
11/59 Luigi
12/59 Captain Falcon
13/59 Ness

Common
2/59 Mario
3/59 Donkey Kong
4/59 Yoshi
5/59 Link
6/59 Samus Aran
7/59 Kirby
8/59 Fox McCloud
9/59 Pikachu

Support Cards
17/59 Beam Sword
18/59 Home-Run Bat
19/59 Hammer
20/59 Fan
21/59 Motion-Sensor Bomb
22/59 Bob-Omb
23/59 Bumper
24/59 Green Shell
25/59 Red Shell
26/59 Ray Gun
27/59 Fire Flower
28/59 Star Rod
29/59 Maxim Tomato
30/59 Heart Container
31/59 Super Star
32/59 Character Select Screen
33/59 Stock Ball
34/59 Exit
35/59 Tag Team
36/59 SUDDEN DEATH!
37/59 Random Stage
38/59 Peach's Castle
39/59 Kongo Jungle
40/59 Hyrule Castle
41/59 Planet Zebes
42/59 Yoshi's Island
43/59 Dream Land
44/59 Sector Z
45/59 Saffron City
46/59 Mushroom Kingdom
47/59 Break the Targets!
48/59 Board the Platforms!
49/59 Race to the Finish!
50/59 Meta Crystal
51/59 Battlefield
52/59 Final Destination

Energy Cards
53/59 Double Smash Energy
54/59 Fighting Energy
55/59 Fire Energy
56/69 Electric Energy
57/59 Metal Energy
58/59 Psychic Energy
59/59 Star Energy

Ex Cards
1/59 Master Hand Ex

If you're wondering why the numbers jump, it's because they're numbered differently compared to Pokemon TCG cards. But I'd reckon you guys would prefer it if they were grouped the same way as Pokemon TCG cards were.

By the way, to help keep activity on this topic to last as long as possible, I'm only going to post 6 of the cards a day. This will include a card spoiler (Symbol for Star Energy will be ) along with a picture of the card. The first 6 can be found in my next post.

Day 1

Mario 60HP [R]
Stage Basic

[C] Jump Attack
Does 10 damage to one of your opponent's Smashers (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Smashers).

[R][C] Fire Ball 30
Discard a [R] Energy attached to Mario.

Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat Cost:
2/59 Common

Image: Click here to View
NOTE: Mario is meant to have no Weakness, Resistance or Retreat Cost.

Metal Mario 100HP [M]
Stage 1 Evolves from Mario

Smash Body: Living Metal
Metal Mario can't be affected by any Special Conditions.

[M] Tornado Drill 10x
Flip 5 coins. This attack does 10 damage times the number of heads.

[M][M][C] Iron Slam 40
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Smasher is now Stunned.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C]
15/59 Rare

Beam Sword
Equipment

[C][C] Wide Slash 20
Does 10 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Smashers. This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness or Resistance.

17/59 Common

Peach's Castle
Stage

When a Smasher uses a Smash Power, the player flips a coin. If tails, prevent all effects of that Smash Power (This counts as that Smasher using its Smash Power).

38/59 Common

Meta Crystal
Stage

The attack cost for each [M] Smasher’s attacks (Excluding Ex Smashers) is [C] less.

50/59 Rare

Fire Energy
Basic Energy

[R]

55/59 Common

Last edited:
Wow, I gotta admit, these look pretty sweet. I'll definately be checking this topic each day.:thumb:

You're in for a long wait sadly Arth. XD

Day 2

Link 60HP [C]
Stage Basic

[F] Sword Slash 20

[F][F] Spin Attack 20x
Flip 3 coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: 1
5/59 Common

Luigi 50HP [L]
Stage Basic

[L] Thunderhand 10
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Smasher is now Stunned.

[R][C][C] Blazing Jump Punch 10+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 10 damage plus 60 more damage. This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness or Resistance.

Weakness: [M] +10
Resistance:
11/59 Uncommon

Home-Run Bat
Equipment

[C][C] Home-Run Swing 20
Your opponent switches the Defending Smasher with 1 of their Benched Smashers. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance.

18/59 Common

Heart Container
Item

Discard 2 Energy cards attached to 1 of your Smashers and remove 10 damage counters from that Smasher.

30/59 Rare

Hyrule Castle
Stage

At the start of each player's turn, if that player has any Benched Smashers, the player flips a coin. If tails, the player switches their Active Smasher with 1 of their Benched Smashers.

40/59 Common

Fighting Energy
Basic Energy

[F]

54/59 Common

Last edited:
Day 3

Yoshi 60HP [C]
Stage Basic

[C] Egg Shield
During your opponent’s next turn, prevent all effects of attacks, and any damage done to Yoshi by attacks is reduced by 10 (Before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[C][C] Egg Roll 20
If Yoshi used Egg Shield during your last turn, this attack does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Smashers (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Smashers).

Weakness: [F] +20
Resistance: -20
4/59 Common

Pikachu 40HP [L]
Stage Basic

[L] Thunder Jolt 20

[L][C] Agility 20
Flip a coin. If heads, during your opponent’s next turn, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Pikachu.

Weakness: [M] +10
Resistance:
Retreat Cost:
9/59 Common

Red Shell
Equipment

[.] Homing Shell 20
Does 10 damage to each of your opponent’s Benched Smashers. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance. After using this attack, discard this card.

25/59 Uncommon

Yoshi's Island
Stage

The Retreat Cost for each [C] and Smashers (Exluding Ex Smashers) is [C][C] less.

42/59 Common

Saffron City
Stage

When a player puts a Basic Smasher onto their Bench, that player may search their deck for a Basic Energy card and attach it to that Smasher. If that player searched their deck, the player shuffles their deck afterward.

45/59 Common

Electric Energy
Basic Energy

[L]

56/59 Common

Apparently quotes don't cover the minimum character limit, hopefully this sentence of me complaining about it will cover that. XD

Last edited:
Nice, I like this! I almost want to play it, lol. ^ ^

Just from what I'm seeing, Saffron City is a really awesome stage, and Link seems a little OP. Link + Saffron = T1 40 damage on average.

Nice, I like this! I almost want to play it, lol. ^ ^

Just from what I'm seeing, Saffron City is a really awesome stage, and Link seems a little OP. Link + Saffron = T1 40 damage on average.

If you think Link is overpowered, wait 'til you see Master Hand. >___> XD

Cheers for all the positive comments so far.

Day 4

Fox McCloud 50HP [C]
Stage Basic

[R] Fire Fox 20

[R][C] Blaster Barrage 10x
Flip a coin until you get tails. This attack does 10 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: [L] +10
Resistance: [W] -20
8/59 Common

Captain Falcon 60HP [R]
Stage Basic

Smash Power: "Show me your moves!"
As long as Captain Falcon is your Active Smasher, your opponent plays with their hand face up. This power stops working while Captain Falcon is affected by a Special Condition.

[R][C] Falcon Kick 20
Does 10 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Smashers (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Smashers).

[R][R][C] Falcon Punch 80
Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing.

Weakness: [W] +20
Resistance:
12/59 Uncommon

Ray Gun
Equipment

[.] Stun Blast 10
Flip 2 coins. If 1 of them is heads, the Defending Smasher is now Stunned. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance. Put 1 damage counter on this card afterward.

26/59 Common

Tag Team
Setting

Switch your Active Smasher with 1 of your Benched Smashers.

35/59 Uncommon

Sector Z
Stage

The Retreat Cost for each Smasher is [C] more.

44/59 Common

Break the Targets!
Stage

Whenever a player flips a coin and it’s heads, that player may draw a card. You can’t draw more than 4 cards this way each turn.

47/59 Uncommon

Last edited:
I'm posting today's cards early, rather than posting them late at 10-11pm.

Day 5

Donkey Kong 80HP [F]
Stage Basic

[F] Donkey Punch 20

[F][F] Hand Slam
Does 10 damage to each of your opponent’s Smashers (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Smashers).

Weakness: [P] +20
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: 3
3/59 Common

Giant Donkey Kong 120HP [F]
Stage 1 Evolves from Donkey Kong

[F][F][C] Giga Donkey Punch 40
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Smasher is now Confused.

[F][F][C][C] Hand Slam
Does 20 damage to each of your opponent’s Smashers (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Smashers).

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]
14/59 Rare

Hammer
Equipment

[.] Hammer Frenzy 30x
Flip 3 coins. This attack does 30 damage times the number of heads. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance. The Smasher this card is attached to is now Confused (After doing damage). After using this attack, discard this card.

19/59 Rare

Bumper
Equipment

[.] Bumper Shield
Remove this card from your Active Smasher and put it next to your Active Smasher. If your Active Smasher is attacked during your opponent’s turn, your opponent flips a coin. If tails, that attack does nothing. At the end of your opponent’s turn, put 1 damage counter on this card.

23/59 Uncommon

For anyone not reading the card images, Bumper only lasts for 2 of your opponent's turns before needing to discard it.

Kongo Jungle
Stage

If a Smasher would be Knocked Out by an opponent's attack, flip 2 coins. If both of them are heads, that Smasher is not Knocked Out and their remaining HP becomes 10 instead.

39/59 Common

Board the Platforms!
Stage

Whenever a player retreats a Smasher, that player may draw 2 cards.

48/59 Uncommon

Last edited:
I like the variety of built-in drawpower, particularly Board the Platforms. That makes for a very interesting gameplay style.

Starting Saffron and then switching to Break the Targets in a Link deck though... ._.

Lol, for me it would entirely depend on whether the majority of the deck focused on coin flipping or if the deck didn't have much Energy.

Though I did make an Assist card (Equivilent to Supporter cards) that had 8 coin flips the once. >________>

Day 6

Kirby 40HP
Stage Basic

Smash Body: Convert
Each Basic Energy card attached to Kirby provides every type of Energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time.

[C] Inhale
Choose any Smasher in play (Yours or your opponent's) and place 1 damage counter on that Smasher. Now choose 1 of that Smasher's attacks. If you do, your turn ends. Kirby may use that attack as his own (Kirby must still have the Energy necessary to perform that attack) until Kirby uses Inhale or Kirby is Knocked Out.

Weakness: [F] +10
7/59 Common

Jigglypuff 40HP
Stage Basic

Sing
The Defending Smasher is now Asleep.

[C] Rest
Remove all Special Conditions and 1 damage counter from Jigglypuff. If the Defending Smasher is Asleep, this attack does 40 damage to that Smasher.

Weakness: [F] +10
10/59 Uncommon

Fan
Equipment

[C][C] Rapid Smack 10+
Flip a coin until you get tails. This attack does 10 damage plus 10 more damage for each heads. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance.

20/59 Common

Maxim Tomato
Item

Discard 1 Energy card attached to 1 of your Smashers and remove 5 damage counters from that Smasher.

29/59 Common

Dream Land
Stage

At the end of each player’s turn, if there are any Equipment cards in play that aren’t attached to any Smashers, discard them.

43/59 Common

This is useful to disabling the use of Motion-Sensor Bombs and Bumpers (Including other possible cards in future sets).

Star Energy
Basic Energy

59/59 Common

Last edited:
Thanks, here's the next batch.

Day 7

Samus Aran 70HP [M]
Stage Basic

Smash Body: Varia Suit
Samus Aran can’t be Burned or Poisoned.

[L] Charge Shot
During your next turn, Samus Aran’s Beam Cannon attack’s base damage is 60.

[C][C] Beam Cannon 20

Weakness: [W] +30
Resistance: [R] -20
Retreat Cost: 2
6/59 Common

Motion-Sensor Bomb
Equipment

[.] Bomb Set
Remove this card from your Active Smasher and put it next to your Active Smasher. If your Active Smasher is attacked during your opponent’s turn, your opponent flips a coin. If tails, their attack does nothing and this attack does 30 damage to the opponent’s Active Smasher. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance. Discard this card afterward.

21/59 Uncommon

Bob-Omb
Equipment

[.] Bob-Splosion 50
Flip a coin. If tails, the Smasher this card is attached to does 20 damage to themself. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance. After using this attack, discard this card.

22/59 Uncommon

Exit
Setting

Choose 1 of your Smashers and return it to your hand. Discard all other cards attached to that Smasher.

34/59 Uncommon

Planet Zebes
Stage

At the end of each player's turn, if the player has any Benched Smashers, that player flips a coin for each Benched Smasher. If tails, put 2 damage counters on that Smasher.

41/59 Common

Metal Energy
Basic Energy

[M]

57/59 Common

Last edited:
XD

Next batch.

Day 8

Ness 50HP [P]
Stage Basic

[P][C] PSI Magnet
During your opponent’s next turn, prevent all effects of attacks, and any damage done to Ness is reduced by 20 (Before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[P][R] PK Fire 20+
Does 20 damage plus 10 more damage for each Energy card attached to the Defending Smasher.

Weakness: [D] +10
Resistance:
13/59 Uncommon

Green Shell
Equipment

[.] Shell Toss 30
Does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Smashers. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance. After using this attack, discard this card.

24/59 Common

Fire Flower
Equipment

[.] Petal Flames 20x
Flip a coin for each Energy card attached to the Defending Smasher. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance. Put 1 damage counter on this card afterward.

27/59 Common

Star Rod
Equipment

[.] Swift Star
Does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Smashers. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness, Resistance, Smash Powers, Smash Bodies or any other effects on your opponent’s Smashers. Put 1 damage counter on this card afterward.

28/59 Rare

Mushroom Kingdom
Stage

Whenever a player tries to retreat a Smasher during their turn, that player flips a coin. If heads, that player pays [C][C] less to retreat that Smasher. If tails, that Smasher can't retreat during this turn (The player doesn't discard any Energy), and the player puts 2 damage counters on that Smasher.

46/59 Uncommon

Psychic Energy
Basic Energy

[P]

58/59 Common

Last edited:
Dude, I cannot wait for a Melee/Brawl expansion, that would be so cool.

But these cards still rock. I'm thinking of printing them out and playing with them at leagues or something.:thumb:

Dude, I cannot wait for a Melee/Brawl expansion, that would be so cool.

But these cards still rock. I'm thinking of printing them out and playing with them at leagues or something.:thumb:

Cool, click here for a picture of the cardback if you'd like it for when you print out the cards:

I must warn you though, I do update previous cards once in a while for balancing purposes. Heck the reason I'm posting them here so people who have a better understanding of the Pokemon TCG mechanics/metagame could lend me their opinions on whether a card's too powerful or too weak.

But there is a program that allows you to play nearly any kind of card games with other people online (Including Pokemon), I'll post more about it once I get the Smash Bros. plugin ready.

W00t! Ness! XD
Btw, does anybody know that Ness actually can't learn PSI Fire on Earthbound?

Yeah much like how he can't learn PSI Thunder or PSI Starstorm. I may eventually make another Ness card (Maybe for Brawl set or as a Promo), that uses his actual abilities that he used in his game.

Day 9

Polygon Team 100HP [M]
Stage Basic

Smash Power: Gather
Once during your turn (Before your attack), if your Bench isn’t full, you may flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for a Basic Smasher (Excluding Ex and FS Smashers) and put it onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[C][C][C] Gang Up 10+
Does 10 damage plus 10 more damage for each of your Benched Smashers.

[M][M][M][M] Polygon Ambush 100-
Does 100 damage minus 10 damage for each damage counter on Polygon Team.

Weakness: x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: 4
16/59 Rare

Super Star
Item

Discard 1 Energy card attached to your Active Smasher. Remove all Special Conditions from your Active Smasher and prevent all effects of attacks, Smash Powers and Smash Bodies, including damage done to your Smasher during your opponent’s next turn. This includes attacks that would normally ignore this effect. You can’t use this card if you used a Super Star during your last turn.

31/59 Rare

Stock Ball
Item

Search your discard pile for a Smasher (Excluding Ex and FS), show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand.

33/59 Uncommon

Random Stage
Setting

Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a Stage card and play it. Shuffle the other revealed cards back into your deck (If you don't reveal a Stage card, shuffle all the revealed cards back into your deck). If there’s already a Stage card in play with the same name, shuffle your Stage card back into your deck.

37/59 Uncommon

Race to the Finish!
Stage

The Retreat Cost for each Basic Smasher (Excluding Ex Smashers) is [C] less.

49/59 Rare

Battlefield
Stage

Once during each player's turn, if that player's Bench isn't full, the player may flip a coin. If heads, that player searches their deck for a Basic Smasher (Excluding Ex and FS Smashers) and puts it onto their Bench. If that player searched their deck, the player shuffles their deck afterward.

51/59 Rare

Last edited:
Back