Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Switch in the EX format

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRolesWePlay

Next Destinies is quickly approaching and with it close to release so are the powerful EX Pokemon. While these EXs are strong many of them have a retreat cost of 3 or more, making them difficult to retreat even with the energy acceleration most of them have.

So with this in mind does anyone think Switch see any extra play, or will SkyArrow Bridge satisfy the necessity for these big Pokemon? If Switch does become more useful how many do you think will become the norm?

For decks relying on mobility, SkyArrow will see more play than increased Switches, if only for the fact that SkyArrow can be used:

A) repeatedly without a need for Junk Arm or drawing, etc.
B) Can counter Beaches

Yeah. That's my guess.

Speaking as someone who plays a Trainer Lock and Status Condition deck, the one thing more infuriating than Junk Arm-Catcher abuse is Junk Arm-Switch abuse.

I think Switch will see more play. Not saying it already hasn't, but it will see some more. Won't see much play in Eelektrik decks since they don't mind retreating as they can Dynamotor back on.

I think Switch will see more play. Not saying it already hasn't, but it will see some more. Won't see much play in Eelektrik decks since they don't mind retreating as they can Dynamotor back on.

Nothing is worse than a Catcher'd Eel with no energy on it. MagnEel plays 2 switch as a bare min. I personally play 3.

I had that same problem testing KyuremGatr, I couldn't get Plume out early enough probably cause I was running a tight list with a 2-1-2 Vileplume line so it's probably better going 4 Candy and 3-2-3 with Vileplume to get it out faster.

The set reminds me a bit of Ruby & Sapphire. The Ex in the next set aren't very good. There are a few that are decent, but none (including Mewtwo) that I think are going to be amazing. It seems to take PCL a few sets to figure out the right amount of power to give something when starting a new mechanic, whether it be Pokemon*, Ex Pokemon, Lv. X, Legends, or Primes. They sometimes get a few right, but more than often than not, it takes them a while to figure out exactly how much power they should have. They usually start off weak than strong, because nobody wants to have an overly broken card. They have done a really good job of doing that.

As far as Switch being played more, I think this is a moot conversation, without Warp Point, and with the way the current format is, Switch is ALREADY being played more than usual. I can't remember too many decks I played even 1 Switch, yet most of my decks now contain 1-2 Switch. I'm just saying the new cards won't affect how Switch is being played, because it already is rising to a higher amount than it has seen in a VERY, VERY long time.

Drew

I actually disagree with the assertion that the EX in this set aren't very good... I'm confident Zekrom EX/Eel could be Tier 1 in the current format. Reshiram EX/Emboar seems like it could also do some damage. Of course, Mewtwo renders both those decks unviable for the most part, but they certainly would be good if they were legal right now. If they released Groudon, Groudon/Ross would be a huge threat as well.

I don't know what an EX has to be to make it super good. 300HP Basic with 200 damage attack?

I actually disagree with the assertion that the EX in this set aren't very good... I'm confident Zekrom EX/Eel could be Tier 1 in the current format. Reshiram EX/Emboar seems like it could also do some damage. Of course, Mewtwo renders both those decks unviable for the most part, but they certainly would be good if they were legal right now. If they released Groudon, Groudon/Ross would be a huge threat as well.

I don't know what an EX has to be to make it super good. 300HP Basic with 200 damage attack?

Groudon EX isn´t in Next Set... I think almost for sure that, BW5 english set includes Groudon EX, Kyogre EX, Tornadus EX, Entei EX, Raikou EX and Darkrai EX

Zekrom EX would make ZekEels much better, but I think many people play 1 or 2 normal Zekrom in it... Because It´s doing good damages too and is worth of one Prize only... Still It kill Groudon EX with 2 attack

Groudon EX/Ross Deck is huge I think but we see

Bring back Wailord ex with 400HP, with another awful attack, ross deck's would be trolling so hard :D

I think Skyarrow bridge with Dodrio should see most EX cards able to retreat just fine. That adds up to pokemon with 3 retreat cost being able to retreat for FREE which is amazing or at most a cost of one energy which is nothing. I personally can't wait for Skyarrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back