Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Swoop! Teleporter and Jirachi (DX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatlerat

I've seen this mentioned in the Professor's Forum and I have read the rulings on Beldum.
If I use Jirachi's (DX) Poke Power which states "Once during your turn (before you attack), if Jirachi is your Active Pokemon, . . ." then I use Swoop! Teleporter to switch for another Jirachi (DX), then use Island Cave (Stadium) and attach an energy to Jirachi to wake him up, why would I be able to use the Poke Power "Wishing Star" again?

Swoop! Teleporter states that "(Any cards attached to that Pokemon, damage counters, Special Conditions, and effects on it are now on the new Pokemon.)" It has also been ruled that the switch is simultaneous.

It clearly states on the card that it is:
1. A new Pokemon
and
2. The effects (having used the Poke Power "Wishing Star") are still there.

So if Jirachi is STILL my Active Pokemon, and it STILL has the effect ( of using its Poke Power), even after being asleep and having been woken up, it should not be able to use Wishing Star a second time in the same turn. Yes?

Thanks in advance for the answer..

Last edited by a moderator:
Waking up or moving to the bench for that matter wont change the 'once during your turn' clause. Just think about old-standby Firestarter Blaziken! One Firestarter POWER per turn.

Now Swoop gives all the same effects to the NEW Pokemon, so that doesn't let Jirachi Wish again, either!

Of course, Surprise! Time machine WOULD re-set Blaziken's counter and allow it to use Firestarter again, even if you shuffled and drew the same Blaziken.

But it doesn't help Jiriachi, because it isn't an evolved PKMN, so it can't use STM.

So, Swoop! Teleporter leaves it does NOT re-set his POWER and it can't use it again if its already used Wishing Star that turn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back