Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Swords Dance and Reversal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullados

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?
If a person uses Swords Dance from DX Ninjask or Jungle Scyther, and that Pokemon is sent to the bench, can they still use the swords dance effect during their next turn?

I'd assume this falls under the "self-referencing" rule where if something places an effect on a particular Pokemon, and that Pokemon is benched, then the effect is removed, but I might be wrong. I lost a tourney last night b/c of this ruling...

Also, if that Ninjask is benched and is attacked by a basic Pokemon (say, Suicune ex), does the ninjask take damage?

It's not the self referencing ruling.
It's the ruling that (most) effects reside on either the Defending or Attacking Pokemon and moving that Pokemon to the bench removes that effect.

PokePop said:
It's not the self referencing ruling.
It's the ruling that (most) effects reside on either the Defending or Attacking Pokemon and moving that Pokemon to the bench removes that effect.
To clarify, if a Pokemon uses Sword Dance and then is moved to the bench, even if it later becomes active again or another Pokemon with the same Attack that Sword Dance improves becomes active, the attack damage is not increased.
The effect from Sword Dance went away when the Pokemon went to the bench. All attack effects go away when the Pokemon that they are on goes to the bench. One just needs to determine which Pokemon the effect is on. In the case of Sword Dance, it's on the one that did the attack.

Hope that covers it well enough. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back