Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

T2 decks

Dietrich

Hi, I want to know more about this kind of decks because I want to make one and I'd like to hear your ideas about somethings like:

- What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a T2 deck?.
- What are the most popular and effectives t2 decks?
- Are they really better than Decks with stage 2 pokemon ( like Spinning tail, Queendoom, Dragtrode, Rock lock, Typhlosion, Metagross DX + Salamence d, Metagross d + Dragonite d, SMP , Politoed Ex, Ludicargo, etc.. )

Thanks for you help.

Last edited:
Turn 2 decks are strong because they are constint and do quick damage. Their weakness is if you can last past the first assult, then you can beat them. Popular T2 decks include slowking, medicham, and zap-turn-dos (thought it has lost a lot of popularity.). As for if they're better, that's up to how effective they are.

T2 Medidoom is what I would play for Cities if I were playing T2. The advantages of T2 are that you get lots of Trainers to set up the second turn, you don't have alot of Pokemon to get out, you don't rely on powers, you often have a small bench so your opponent's Steven's Advice won't fetch more than 2 cards. Disadvantages are that if your opponent KOs your Active, you only have 1 Benched Pokemon to switch to and that you can't rely on Poke-Powers. They can be better, depends if you get a T2 Pokemon(in this case, you want Medi and Doom out first-second turn) and how heavily your opponent uses powers and how fast they set up well. GL w/ it!

Yah Medicham pure or Medicham/Slowking (check out my thread) is by far the correct play.

I dont like houndoom at all, he takes too much space to get out to just sit there and stop some gyms/switches.

I play Cham with a 2-1-2 Kingdra line. And Houndoom's nice with Poliwrath FR/LG, but yeah, Medicham EX is better w/o it.

im a t2 player and from what i believe, a straight t2 deck is better that mix. those straight decks are more constant and thus higher winning margin.plus, t2 decks with more than one evo line look ugly. (ugly decks never work with the exception for ludicargo)cham is great but is very weak once your opponent got a nice setup. this is never a problem with slowking cause it is constant in doing big damage

Back