Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

T32 with HoPe yo

elekid_957

mhm i convinced one other person to play it as well, he made t32 same as me on some bad luck :p. so i go down thursday or something and hang out and lose 3 straight games to garchomp SV lolol. decide i dont care no changes to my decklist and am ready to roll. look up my list somewhere else too lazy post later. if u want ur name added props/slops or when i faced u just ask.

round 1 vs Ttar prime/1-1-1 exploud
i didnt actually see the exploud until the VERY end of the game so it wasnt ever a problem. i think he got out T1 ttar prime and spread around a little bit, i did stuff started to get set up with starapter got promocroak in hand all that good stuff, he had like a 3 card hand so i didnt expect anything huge, got some sprays with honchkrow and it was his turn. he judged lol. stuff went on and i had killed 3 pokemon, 1 belted when we realize i onl have 1 prize left somehow. im honestly not sure how this happened but it turns out prize penalty so he only has 4 prizes left. stuff ha[[ens and he gets out loudred of a judge he played. i luring flame it up, and he has the exploud also off of judge :p. he kills so only 3 prizes left. he has 40 on an uxie and 60 on a claydol, so he can only kill my active guys. i look through my deck with staraptor and make a plan. bench honchkrow+egain+dark and snipe off the uxie so i only have 1 prize left (if i killed claydol he coulda psych restored uxie). next turn i sp radar'd for honchkrow cyrus for egain and dark and sniped off claydol for game.

1-0

round 2 vs empoleon/judge/giratina/ FOUR SUPER SCOOP UP!$^%@#*
so i have sableye start which is awesome for something like this. he does crap and gets t1 giratina on me. i do stuff, get out honchkrow and 3 sps, and grab 2 sprays he ssu heads the giratina ssu heads the uxie and i spray both his 1 card hand he drops dce on baltoy and draws 7 :nonono:. next turn out of his 7 card hand he bts claydol with unown G (i killed his active baltoy btw) rare candy empoleon with dce. AND a judge after cosmic for 6.... lol. i luring flame up his giratina some point in the game, heads on ssu. he plays it back down to mess me up and does stuff. i luring flame again... yay tails. unfortunately all my energy are gone so i cant snipe with honchkrow. it takes me FIVE turns to get a mewtwo X out because of his judge/empoleons power. he only has 2 prizes left, giratina dies going into his turn :(. i have 3 left). i kill an empoleon lv.x with psyburn and he rare candy to empoleon dce claydol pass. i kill something else with giga burn its 1-1 now. he uses second night maintenance for 2 water and empoleon X (if i forgot to tell you it was empoleon PT, jet smash and discard card from hand.) then he uses cosmic for 5... if he doesnt get 1 of his 3 waters in the next 2 turns i win (he has no zans left IIRC.. or ssu or giratina and that stuff). first card is water and also empoleon X nd another water off of that claydol. snipes uxie off for game GG.

1-1

round 3 vs luxchomp no counter
amazing hand. T3 3 sp's in play 4 power spray in hand. spray uxie and crobat. roseannes for mewtwo play a belt on it with bebes in hand. poketurn krow after spraying something else send up mewtwo bebes for the x lvl up he scoops lol

2-1

round 4 vs eeveelutions w/ furret?
yeah i guess he was new or something. idk how he went 2-1.. he furrets for like 7 turns while i slowely set up. im guessing he'll use the glaceon X for powers so i set up blaziken and stuff. he finally gets up eevee with 3 energy's (i totally forgot i could have honchkrow sniped it long ago) i hit it to 50 with krow he evolves to leafeon hits me for 60, heads on sleep flip kill with target attack (only 90 HP for leafeon). he sends up glaceon does the snow cloak flips heads. i do something and he flips tails next turn ( i sprayed 2 azelfs so i guess that hurt him?) attach belt and do vapor kick for ko. i kill 3 more pokemon this way and win easily... after all those furrets he had like nothing in his hand i didnt get it lol

3-1

round 5 vs kiingdra/machamp
i see the machop t1 and am 10 from donking it. i just hit it too 50 instead with 3 sp's and spray in hand. he does stuff gets down to 2 cards and uxies, spray. all throughout this game he is just totally behind, and tries some really bad and obvious ways of cheating a few times lol. i spray 4 uxies throughout the game with psychic restore and stuff, he sorta makes a comeback but honchkrow snipe at the very end of the game for my second to last, and then vapor kick for the game. he also tried to tell a judge i used contest hall to get a blaziken, which i had played 2 turns ago, and didnt even have an egain or belt on it. and i had just gotten the shuppet/belt... he asked 3 different judges and every single one ruled in my favor :p

4-1

round 6 vs luxchomp no counter
decent hand. get honchkrow out grab some stuff to get promocroak out next turn. bench mewtwo kill his luxray he has like nothing good on the field. get mewtwo X up next turn and start rampaging with it. the whole game he is trying to get out a claydol with multi to do 40 damage to me. he never does tho lol. easy game mewtwo is a wall

5-1

round 7 vs GeChamp
the one deck i didnt expect. so im on top of this game the whooooole time. eventually i have like all my energies gone but blaziken active. i kill his gengar and if he flips tails its game over... heads so blaziken is gone. out of his 2 card hand he judges, then gets bts claydol baltoy, then machamp out all in one turn. its 2-5 now. stuff happens and i kill his machamp, but grab the wrong prize so im stuck with no energy left in deck. i have uxie with energy tho, and he has machamp with only 2 fighting in deck, while i have 2 sprays left so i can 2ko him with uxie. 2 card he again reversal, heads grab azelf D;. i spray his claydol he topdecks a fighting kills azelf. i tail code the fighting he topdecks his last fighting kills me for game....

5-2

so im sorta depressed cuz know i have to win 2 games in a row the next day. party a little bit do crap with friends ect. and wake up in the morning play some pokemon

round 8 vs luxchomp no counter
so i have a pretty bad hand but T3 cyrus topdeck is great. get out promocroak kill his luxray and bench mewtwo at same time. next turn bebes for mewtwo X. this dude was my friend so we just messed around the whole game. in the end he used ERL and bronzong to kill himself lololol best part of the day

6-2

round 9 vs gengar/garchomp luckiest kid on earth
i have the weirdest start ever shuppet belt psychic mime and more stuff. it looks almost like im playing shuppet donk aha. i go first and hit his ghastly for 30 sending up mime. he topdecks candy gengar, attaches psychic, crobat, poketurn for 20 on mime and plays azelf, gets uxie in prizes drops a garchomp, setup for 7, poketurn crobat, and hit me to 60 with shadow room..... wow. i do stuff and actually 2KO gengar with shuppet belt, he was my friend as well and he knew he was in so he made some stupid moves. i locked up claydol he topdecks dce ect. eventually i drew the prize i needed and kill a garchomp with dragonite. i have the turn in and and im gonna snipe off his claydol and only have 1 prize left which ambipom can take he does pitch dark on my dragonite.... i have to attach and hope for the best with giant tail, he has garchomp on bench if i miss this he can power it up in 2 turns and all my energy are gone.... HEADS! lol i kill ghastly draw power spray out of prizes to stop claydol. he doesnt have the dce. i poketurn and kill claydol with honchkrow. then he scoops as i have 1 prize left and he has 2 card hand no more dce no more draw.

7-2

yessss i made it back in, now for top cut. it takes like 3 hours for them to take our decks, then another 2 hours cuz peoples sleeves were bad. so finally i sit down and look at other people on my left and right. luxchomp VS luxchomp on left, luxchomp vs luxchomp on right, and luxchomp vs luxchomp next to them. what do i have to play against? why GeChamp of course. the one gechamp lololololol unfair

T64 round one vs gechamp
G1: apparently his hand sucked. i have like T3 shuppet doing stuff and quickly power through his pokemon. he scoops after ive taken like 4 prizes cuz he cant get any draw power going with power spray, luring flame, and other stuff

wow i just won....

G2: his start was TERRIBLE. he judged T1 and i had sableye and stuff so i could get through it but he got nothing. i almost donked his machoke i could have done 70 but decided not to as i thought he had machamp in his hand, bad decision he had NOTHING, he did steady punch for 4 turns in a row while i whiffed on everything to get a ko on him. he gets judge or something and does crap and has an amazing turn of setting up. i think late game i have aarons and palmers prized and all energies gone. i have to scoop D: such a bad game i should have gone for attacking with the uxie for 70....

G3: he has great start T1 machamp on bench relicanth active but no draw. i have T1 shuppet belt yessss hit his relicanth so 60 with crobat he retreat KO's mime. 80 with shuppet, he judges I GET SHUPPET+BELT AGAIN!! (of course after using supporters and stuff) haha kill him. he machamp kills me its 5-4 and he just judged. i need heads on contest hall.... HEADS YES! shuppet+belt cyrus for the psychic hit him to 80. he kills something else and this goes one until i amazing make it 1-2 killing everything he's out of energy. hes trying to stall for time sends up claydol passes i do 50. he luxury balls and take his sweet o'l time. then bebes and takes even more sweet old time. thinks for a second. passes.... literally 5 seconds later time is called :0. shuppet belt the claydol we're 1-1 i never believed i could do this. he reversals up my mime sends up haunter and smogs me while candying to champ on bench. no card hand, no fighting or psychic left in deck. i attach to mime bench shuppet belt and pass. he smogs again so im at 30. retreat to ambipom and tail code his last psychic onto a relicanth or something. he passes. poketurn ambipom send up shuppet hit for 50 switch to crobat. he passes switch to shuppet belt KO GAME!!!!!!!! man most intense game ever i had to fight the clock and rush every single decision i made. i even accidentally grabbed lookers instead of cyrus :p.

amazingly 8-2

T32 vs luxpluff w/ amu lock
G1:he has terrible hand topdecks judge. i do stuff but my fire and 1 of my blazikens is prized so its hard to do a ton in this game. he also got baltoy with unown Q t1 so i couldn't spray it, he gets a lucky topdeck to get jumpluff then out of his prizes communication for claydol sets up amu stuff becomes a lot harder.. i almost have the game but then some bad luck on prizes and his 3rd judge ruin me and i scoop.

G2: i have mewtwo start.... his start is bad too though, and i quickly set up honchkrow and everything. he doesnt get claydol out this whole game for fear of blaziken. blaziken and calculated damage takes me about 3-4 prizes. and his judges aren't helping me. im thinking i have the game, i kill his 3rd jumpluff with jet shoot, then he kills me i send up staraptor search for aarons for blaziken X (i have blazken with egain and fire benched) and...... its prized... i have to take palmers, i have bebes still in deck so next turn hes dead. shuffle it back in and pass. he scoops cuz he knows anything on his field is dead.

G3: amazing hand but i fear the donk as my only basic is sableye... topdeck ambipom :D. bench it do my attack and its his turn. he attaches to hoppip and bounces to baltoy.... i can win this turn as he has like nothing in hand. all i have to do is attach dark and play a crobat to ko the baltoy. sp radar for bat do 10. roseannes for a dark and the game and...... look once. look twice. look 4 different times... both my dark energies are prized... wow. i retreat for honchkrow put blaziken on bench and grab 2 sprays. he drops uxie after emptying his hand, spray. 1 card hand plays 1 of his 5 grass and draws 7 with psychic balance :nonono::nonono::nonono:.. he gets god in that hand. i am still winning cuz i lock up claydol and everything but he only uses chatot and judge in this matchup. no claydol whatsoever after that first baltoy is dead. somehow late game he chatots for 6, gets night maintenance and roseannes to get his only energy back (it was his last night maintenance and last roseannes i found out later. what are the chances :p). sets up a pluff with 3 energy belt (i have shuppet mime going on sorta). i send up mewtwo X attach+belt and absorb for 2. he has the amu lock out but i have energy in my hand. his last pluff is in play with belt and its 2-3 him. if i kill the pluff he has no energy and no NM left in deck so i win. he judges (OMG last one how does he get all this stuff mad topdecker). and i have no energy. he passes and time is called. i still dont have an energy, ive used all 3 roseannes and all 4 cyrus so nothing from raptor, i have to pass and time is called... he had chatot active so with an energy i woulda killed chatot and he had no way to kill me (he did 120 with pluff, i had 140 cuz of belt and had used 3 poketurns and had crobat in play. unless he ran 1 more and got it off of 4 card judge i wouild have won....)

so yep 8-3 stupid dark energies prized caused me to lose. my friend also lost to gengar/garchomp in t32 while playing HoPe. the guy started with 3 DCE in hand and bts claydol or something like that...

it was still a cool event and i met a lot of awesome people, i may even go to worlds! im just sad i didnt get to play more luxchomps and how many heads my opponents kept getting :p also i ripped up 5 judges and 1 reversal holo judge from my box. definitely made me feel better lolololololol

THNKS FOR READING PPL'S

props:
HoPe
edmund for playin HoPe
all friends and stuff
goin to nats
maybe worlds
ect
ect
ectr

slops:
dark energy prized
too much randomness
judge
judge again
cheaters
judge
decks that get super lucky against me :p
judge

thats all maybe cya at worlds!

Last edited:
Got the invite coming to ya bud. I was rootin' for ya all the way man and good job with one of the best decks and toughest decks in the format.

WHAT ON EARTH IS HoPe?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i have been hearing it everywhere! O.O is it like sablelock?

^well HoPe is a deck full of techs
it all started around the city era HoPe was just honchkrow shuppet it came 2nd losing to me wif flychamp he then teched staraptor and sableye for flychamp + spiritomb then after like alot of techs added later it has like blaziken for dialga chomp and can be useful against jumpluff and stage 2 decks for burning claydols, he added ambipom and promocroak which was successful against luxchomp and during BRs he added lookers and draggy fb i like the strategy because a god start is like opening up wif a search card in hand like roseannes, sp radar, and etc u wanna grab honchkrow to disrupt by grabing sprays or using it to grab a sp radar or contest hall to start grabbing and setting up a staraptor and from there u can just counter wut your opponent is doing

eleki sorry bout wat happen in T32 seeing that your darks are prized if it wasnt for that u could have gone to T16 like a boss lol again HoPe u go to worlds

Great job on top 32! I wanted to play a game against you, but I'm afraid we never got the chance to meet. If you do go to Worlds, good luck!

-Aaron

I don't remember our match being that close.... Good job though, hope you go to worlds!

--- Empoleon/Judge/Giratina/ FOUR SUPER SCOOP UP!&^%@#* Guy

GJ man! You ruled all season with it, I hope you do well with it at Worlds.
Just curious, in top 32 you say you grabbed 2 sprays, sprayed an Uxie, and then he attached a grass Energy and Uxie to Psy Balance for 7... why didn't you spray the other Uxie?

GJ man! You ruled all season with it, I hope you do well with it at Worlds.
Just curious, in top 32 you say you grabbed 2 sprays, sprayed an Uxie, and then he attached a grass Energy and Uxie to Psy Balance for 7... why didn't you spray the other Uxie?

There was no second uxie, he used baltoy to draw the 7.

Anyways, GJ Eleki, hopefully you can go to worlds!

Back