Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

T8 Nationals with PLOX

malikhisyam

So I decided to play PLOX and play tested a lot. Moday and Tuesday I played the whole day at BSC and my mom signed me up for a two-day workshop on Wednesday and Thursday. Then at night Jared taught me everything I needed to know about the PLOX, and how to take down other decks. TQ Jared.

So I arrived there at about 9 and wrote down my decklist. Met Adwin for the first time, he lent me his Tauros CG. Then the first round started at 10.15. GOGO.

Round 1 VS Emillio with T2Bliss
He had a lone Blissey while I get a T2 Gallade. You guess the rest.

1-0

Round 2 VS Robert with Fossil deck
Furret start, Candied in to Gardy for support when I remembered that it's a fossil deck. SHOOT misplay. He gets Kabutops out and KOs Gardy and Furret while I setup Dusknoir and Gallade. Dusknoir goes through 2 Kabutops and leaves him with no attacker. Gallade Cuts through everything FTW. GG

2-0

Lunch time. We go to McDonald's downstairs. Eat, eat, then return to play MK for a while. Wei Jin keeps winning and I keep getting hit by blue and red shells. ;/

Round 3 VS Yi Cai with GG
Furret start, but I have no supporter nor any other basics. He gets T2 Gallade. You should know what happens now. ;/

2-1

Round 4 VS Ethan with Gallade/Toxicroak?

I Boundary through everything with Gardy. GG

3-1

Round 5 VS Shafiq with T2Bliss
He start with Chansey so I get Gallade out fast. He used a Lunatone tech, so I also setup a Dusknoir. But, there wasn't any Banettes. WTH?
I KO a few Chansey and Bliss, until prizes were 3-5. Then he eventually killed the Gallade, and I have trouble getting another one out. Gardy PLOX a few times but it wasn't enough. He KOs a few of my Pokemon while I have trouble setting up another Gallade. Time was called in the middle of the game when the prizes were 3-3. The judge said play on. I finally get another Gallade out and KO a few until it was 1-3 but he had another Bliss to KO Gallade. 1-2. I send Furret out to search out a DRE for Dusknoir. I send Dusky out after Furret is KOd to find out he attached a Holon FF to Bliss, so no Hard Feelings. NUUUUUUU!!! Wait, I still have a chance here. I have Cyclone, but attached DRE. My opponent knows he cannot KO Dusknoir, and he cannot risk doing it in two turns. He draws into a Warp Point and KOs my Claydol from bench after forcing out by Warp Point. GG

3-2

After the match, our judge Jun Jek accidentally reported that I won, so we had a 5 minute delay, to re-do the pairings. :]

Round 6 VS Shu Weng with Fossil
Horrid start. He has two Kabutops fast. For some reason he starts advancing very slowly, which allowed me to use Dusknoir to KO the two Kabutops after taking out 3 of my Pokemon. I thought I was going to lose after only barely hanging on. After killing both Kabutops he scooped and told me he had a headache. No wonder. Sorry Shu Weng. GG

4-2

Swiss is over, and it's time to find out who makes T8. OMGOMGOMG.
Picture of rankings

What... the... ****?! I missed T8 by one place. And wait. Who's that in the 8th spot? ETHAN? THAT KID?! (See round 4) I even beat him multiple times at BSC and he's still new. ;/

So I was sad and mad but oh well, it is my first year. I decided to have a friendly with Adwin. I wanted to return the Tauros but he gives it to me. :] Then I wanted to proxy a DRE after returning the one I borrowed and he gives one to me. =] Adwin is so nice. While shuffling, Jun Jek and William walked by behind my seat, and I heard :
Jun Jek : But he was DQed, we should let the 9th spot player replace him.
William : No, it has started. He gets an autoloss.

Apparently someone wrote his decklist wrongly and has been DQed. As soon as I heard this I jumped, begged Jun Jek to convince William. I also asked Shu Weng's aunt to help me out. :]

They discussed until Jun Jek came to me and said "OK, deck check."
Oh joy, my first Top Cut. =]

T8 VS I-forgot-his-name with Empoleon

Game 1
He has horrible luck and start, so I Psychic Cut through everything with Gallade.

1-0

Game 2
I have horrid start and no luck at all. He drowns my Pokemon with Empoleon.

1-1

Game 3
We traded KOs until prizes were my 4 to his 2 and I had a Duskull with 10 damage benched. Sent out Furret to search out Rare Candy and Dusknoir, while I already had a DRE in hand. His active was a DP one with 50 HP left, and his bench was Claydol, 1 full HP Empoleon, 1 50 HP left MD Empoleon and 1 50 HP left DP Empoleon. I could bounce the full HP Empoleon next turn and kill the other two next two turns. But, he sniped the ******* Duskull. I could Hard Feelings to kill the DP one, next turn he could only do a maximum of 100 damage, not enough to kill a Dusky, then I could KO him. But, GG.

1-2

Oh well, at least I made TC in my first Nats.

Dominic lost to Hong Xiang in T4. GJ though, getting to T4.
Surprisingly, Shafiq with T2Bliss made it all the way to T2 with Hong Xiang. O.O
Picture of T2 Game.

Shafiq eventually lost 2-0 to Hong Xiang. GJ lucksac. :/

I pull nothing good in my boosters, oh well, let's head home.

Props :
T8 in first Nats
Sean for winning Juniors

Slops :
Fabian for failing
Wei Jin for failing
Daniel G for failing
Jit How for failing
Dom for misplay in T4.

Credits :
Jared for teaching me all he knew about PLOX. xD
Jun Jek for helping me get into T8. :]

But, there wasn't any Banettes. WTH?
I KO a few Chansey and Bliss, until prizes were 3-5. Then he eventually killed the Gallade, and I have trouble getting another one out. Gardy PLOX a few times but it wasn't enough. He KOs a few of my Pokemon while I have trouble setting up another Gallade. Time was called in the middle of the game when the prizes were 3-3. The judge said play on. I finally get another Gallade out and KO a few until it was 1-3 but he had another Bliss to KO Gallade. 1-2. I send Furret out to search out a DRE for Dusknoir. I send Dusky out after Furret is KOd to find out he attached a Holon FF to Bliss, so no Hard Feelings. NUUUUUUU!!!

#1 it's arcanine.
#2 holon ff is for weakness/fighting? :S

he didnt play any water energies/wp btw, you just got flicked in nats yo ;)

Thanks. I hope to as well. =]

I still can't believe Shafiq gets an invite to Worlds for 2nd place.... So unexpected.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

#1 it's arcanine.
#2 holon ff is for weakness/fighting? :S

he didnt play any water energies/wp btw, you just got flicked in nats yo ;)

WHAT THE WHAT THE WHAT THE WHAT THE.

OH HE'S SCREWED. He told me FF + fire = No effect of an attack.

Time was called so I was a bit nervous and messed up. I didn't check FF. :F

That could have determined the winner. I COULD HAVE HARD FEELINGS HIM FTW.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Holon FF.

Fire energy attached = weakness gone
Fighting energy attached = able to get through reisstence

=)

best lesson =
1 # study the cards ahaha.
2 # stay calm, even in a tense situation. it's much more fun seeing your opponent stress out. You know his stalling techniques. DO NOT, DO NOT become the next sean/daniel - tensed bugs. :S

i wanted daniel to win!!! :(

Back