Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tag Switch Versus Double Dragon Energy, Double Colorless Energy, Etc.

Otaku

Hello!

This question is really about Tag Switch and any Energy card that provides multiple units of Energy, but it seems easiest to express the question by plugging in actual cards.

Let us say I am playing a game in the Expanded Format. I have two copies of Garchomp & Giratina-GX in play, and one of those copies of Garchomp & Giratina-GX has a Double Dragon Energy and a basic Psychic Energy card attached to it. If I play Tag Switch, am I able to select only one of the Energy being provided by Double Dragon Energy, so that I may also select the Psychic Energy, thus moving three total units of Energy at once? If I can, what happens?

Similarly, same situation but with two Double Dragon Energy cards and nothing else attached to that Garchomp & Giratina-GX; could I pick one Energy from each Double Dragon Energy for the effect of Tag Switch, and if I do, what happens?

While I found some rulings involving similar cards, having an Item that moves two Energy at once is a bit different than having an Item that discard two Energy at once (Super Energy Removal), moves one Energy at once (Multi Switch), or "overpaying" for retreating.

Thank you!

We prefer questions with actual cards!
Yes, you can do that!
There has been a ruling for Umbreon GX's GX attack about being able to discard 2 DCEs using the same principle

Back