Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Taking A Singular Request

Nick15

The last fake card I ever made was a Rocket's Articuno I made some two years ago-ish. Part of its existance was to give away at a tournament, and the other reason was to keep my skillz in shape. Though I did try to make it clear that it wouldn't be the last fake I would ever make.

Now recently after taking a stroll down Memory Lane, I've recently had a compulsion to make another fake card for the same reasons I made Rocket's Articuno. However I'm at a loss about what Pokémon I should do. I want it to be a cool Pokémon, because I feel like drawing a really cool picture for it. Got any suggestions? I don't have anything to reward you if you give me a suggestion I use... other than the satisfaction that you helped me. :)

So what do you have in mind? ... The only requirement is that you choose something from the first 386 Pokémon. I'm not familiar with any of the new ones in Pearl/Diamond.... yet. And the final fake will be made using a pre-EX blank, mostly because I don't have neither EX blanks nor am familiar with the EX style layout. OK? (^_^) I'll post the final fake card here when I'm done with it.

Hey there. Glad to hear you haven't abandoned the TCG completely.

So I'm guessing that Last Huzzah isn't gonna happen then? Oh well. Also, I definatly think you should give the EX-on sets a try. After feeling like I was completely burnt from anything even remotely Pokemon-like, these things were like a breath of fresh air.

So I made this card here, to go with that old Rocket's Tyranitar from Mayakashi. Oh and this is assuming you are using a Neo-or-older style, otherwise change "Pokemon Power" to "Poke-BODY" and remove the can be used with special condition part. By the way, this thing could definatly fit as a Pokemon-ex. Just bump it's HP to 150, change it's weakness to both Fire and Psychic and make the attack damages to 40 and 60+ respectively.

---

Rocket's Metagross - 100HP [M]

Pokémon Power: Thought Control - As long as Rocket's Metagross is your active Pokémon and Rocket's Metagross and the defending Pokémon have the same amount of energy attached to them, the defending Pokémon can't attack and both Rocket's Metagross and the defending Pokémon can't retreat. This Power keeps working even if Rocket's Metagross is affected by a Special Condition.

[P][P] Overwhelm (20) - Your opponent shows you his or her hand, then shuffles all energy cards there into his or her deck. Rocket's Metagross can't use this attack during your next turn.

[M][P][C] Particle Cannon (50+) - Before doing damage, your opponent chooses one of his or her Benched Pokémon, if any. Then, you may discard any number of energy attached to Rocket's Metagross. This attack does 50 damage plus 10 more damage for each energy discarded this way. Then your opponent switches the defending Pokémon with the Benched Pokémon he or she chose.

Weakness: [R] Resistance: [G] Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]

---

I definatly like how it came out. Strategy is obvious: get a lock with the Power and maintain it. First attack lets you disrupt them to keep the lock. Second attack does good damage but makes them switch Pokemon, so if you have too much energy on Metagross to keep the lock you can discard it (and do more damage at the same time).

So yeah, good luck with whatever you do with this.

Last edited:
He lives!

Personally, I think you should familiarize yourself with the EX-style blanks if you're trying to get back into faking again, as it's used by 99% of image fakers today. Fangking Omega has a brilliant tutorial for it on Serebii forums and PokeCommunity forums, and has resources on Pokemon Palace. It's really not hard at all.

Good luck to you either way,
-BT

I never really left totally, I'm just on like... an extended-extended hiatus. Unfortunately for me+faking, career building takes precident, so I've been spending all my time on writing a graphic novel, school and filmmaking. I've kept my toe in the faking door, however, as I never officially retired. Though I dunno when I'll ever get the time to focus a majority of my time on faking, because unfortunately faking takes time away from doing other things that benefit me. :(

As for using EX blanks; I would if I had my own set of EX blanks to use. When I faked, I used extremely large blanks (Check out the full view of my Rocket's Articuno on deviantART). I don't have a set of extremely large EX blanks to work with. And I'm not about to spend any time on making new blanks, so I'm gonna stick with old skool styles.

Maybe I should just finish off Mayakashi Edition? :)

Whaddya guys think?

Last edited:
Please do a Diamond or Pearl pokemon, if you want to get art, just go to here (If it doesn't work, try this)
May I suggest Gaburias # 445
Or maybe the one we have been waiting for, Munchlax # 446
Weavile # 461
Dosidon # 464
Yeah, to many and they are all DP, but I just can't wait for these cards
Rhydon ^ Dosidon

Fine then, XD002 or XD0002/ Shadow Groundon

Happy to see you here Nick15. I used your blanks back in 6th grade, though you never seemed to send them up on the site... Oh well, still good to see you here.

The card I'd like to see you do is a new version of your old Rocket's Articuno made for the current formats, though you might have to look a few things up.. Otherwise some nice Anime based cards would be cool, but that's just me..

I have an idea you can do. It's a SUnflora/Azumarill cross called Sunflorazumarill. Info on this Pokémon is listed below.

Everything you need to know about Sunflorazumarill

A pic of Sunflorazumarill (credit goes to SHiShiko)

And the card idea.

Sunflorazumarill
Pokémon card
{G}{W}
70 HP
Stage 1 Pokémon
Evolves from Sunkarill
Put Sunflorazumarill on the Basic Pokémon
This Pokémon is both {G}{W} type.
Weakness: {R}
Resistance: {W} -30
Retreat cost: {C}
PokéBODY: Nature Shower If there is a Spring counter or Sun counter on the field, between turns, remove 2 damage counters from Sunflorazumarill. If there is a Rain counter or Hail counter on the field, each player can’t attach Energy cards from his or her discard pile to his or her Pokémon.
{G}{G} Endless Razor Leaf Flip a coin until you get tails. This attack does 30 damage times the number of heads. 30x
{W}{W} Bubble Shower Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed and this attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) 30

...Why not make a trainer? You did a pokemon already.

But if it has to be a Pokemon....

Holon's Steelix
HP: 110
Stage 1
Evolves from Holon's Onix
Metal Type
Weakness: Fire
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: (C) (C) (C) (C) (C)

Pokebody: Impenetrable Armor

Every attack dealt to Holon's Steelix is reduced by 20 for each (M) energy attached to it (after applying weakness and resistance). You can't reduce more than 40 damage this way.

(M) (C) Power Blow - 20x

This attack does 20 damage times the amount of energy attached to Holon's Steelix . You can't do more than 80 damage this way.

Energy type: Double Rainbow or Triple Colorless

You may play Holon's Steelix as if it were an energy card. While in play, Holon's Steelix can either provide two basic energy of any type, or provide (C)(C)(C). If the Pokemon Holon's Steelix is attached to is knocked out, your opponent can draw an additional prize. You cannot have more than one Holon's Steelix attached to a single pokemon.

Last edited:
Trainers are not cool though! :(

Maybe I'll do one of the DP Pokémon, at least the ones that have been named in English. Hmmmm.... OK so what DP Pokémon have already been officially named in English? I know there's Muchlax, Weavile, Ludico (or however its spelt), Bonsly... any others?

Maybe I should do more than one?

Dude glad your doing this I personally love exploud and feel he's never ever gotten the graphic representation he deserves could you please do this for me.

thanx
BLiZz

Nick15 said:
I know there's Muchlax, Weavile, Ludico (or however its spelt), Bonsly... any others?
Mime Jr., but that's it. And the one whose spelling you're unsure about is Lucario. That's the only 5 fourth-generation Pokémon that have English names so far.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend Lucario. After Diamond/Pearl threw us a curve that proved that Lucario was not only not legendary, but is also, in fact, a Stage 1 to a Basic that doesn't have an English name (JPN name: Rioru). Unless you were doing it as a Wizards-style Shining, a Pokémon-*, or--dare I even say it--in VS. style, I'd hold off on Lucario until Diamond/Pearl comes out in America. (Just for the record, you might have to come up with another excuse for how bad VS. is. "Worse than Detroit" won't cut it if the Tigers win the World Series, and they might do just that this season!) (EDIT: Sorry about your Tigers. Of course, you don't get to the World Series by being a bad team, right?)

Anyway, why not revisit the old Gym sets that came before the Neo block? Perhaps a proper Rocket's Scizor ex that evolves from a plain old Rocket's Scyther? A Rocket's Munchlax, perhaps? A Rocket's Tyrogue, and completing the branched evolution tree on the side, maybe? And that's just for Team Rocket! I could go on forever bringing up the other trainers in that block!

Last edited:
Carrington388 said:
Mime Jr., but that's it. And the one whose spelling you're unsure about is Lucario. That's the only 5 fourth-generation Pokémon that have English names so far.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend Lucario. After Diamond/Pearl threw us a curve that proved that Lucario was not only not legendary, but is also, in fact, a Stage 1 to a Basic that doesn't have an English name (JPN name: Rioru). Unless you were doing it as a Wizards-style Shining, a Pokémon-*, or--dare I even say it--in VS. style, I'd hold off on Lucario until Diamond/Pearl comes out in America.

Acaully Lucario will be a basic but like wobbaffet, electrobuzz, magmar, hitochan, top, lee, ect. It will be a baby type.

How do I know this. I owne 2 Japanese Rokario cards.

Rokario McDonalds Promo
Rokario ex ( released in the japanese version of HP)

Both do not have an evo picture or circle so it is easy to conclude that it will be a baby pokemon not a a basic stage 1 deal

Carrington388
Wow, I can't believe you remembered how I called VS worse than Detroit. Well, the Tigers WERE pretty terrible when I said that. (Though I have high hopes for my Tigers this year!!!) ... Back on topic though.....

No, actually in retrospect, there really isn't anything wrong with the VS concept. Its execution is something of a different matter. (Best example I've got...). If I do a Lucario, it'll be Nick15's Lucario, done in VS-format.

Hmmm... a Stage 1 Rocket's Scizor? Come to think about it, there are a lot of cards from way back when that lacked a proper... uhm... associate card. Kinda like there wasn't a proper Rocket's Articuno. I'll keep Rocket's Scizor and such cards in mind.

Absoltrainer said:
Acaully Lucario will be a basic but like wobbaffet, electrobuzz, magmar, hitochan, top, lee, ect. It will be a baby type.

How do I know this. I owne 2 Japanese Rokario cards.

Rokario McDonalds Promo
Rokario ex ( released in the japanese version of HP)

Both do not have an evo picture or circle so it is easy to conclude that it will be a baby pokemon not a a basic stage 1 deal
IIRC, you get one Riolu egg, and that's it. Only way to get Lucario other than breeding that Riolu.

Nick15 said:
Wow, I can't believe you remembered how I called VS worse than Detroit.

While that statement is still a little harsh (VS isn't THAT bad), you really should take a look at EX-on (preferably at Unseen Forces) which is pretty much nothing like VS and the entire card-e concept. Gone are the generic attacks, useless cards, Powers that are either super-broken or useless, coin flip whoring, etc. Definatly the best thing to happen to this game.

Oh and finishing Mayakashi is definatly a better idea than anything posted in this topic. It's also a closure in a way.

By the way, did you finish your graphic novel already? I'm interested in getting a copy.

Houou_10 said:
While that statement is still a little harsh (VS isn't THAT bad), you really should take a look at EX-on (preferably at Unseen Forces) which is pretty much nothing like VS and the entire card-e concept. Gone are the generic attacks, useless cards, Powers that are either super-broken or useless, coin flip whoring, etc. Definatly the best thing to happen to this game.

Oh and finishing Mayakashi is definatly a better idea than anything posted in this topic. It's also a closure in a way.

By the way, did you finish your graphic novel already? I'm interested in getting a copy.

I'm still an adament proponent of Wizards of the Coast in all of the whole situation. Mostly because TPC made those really crappy VS/Card-E era cards. I don't know why Wizards is blamed for those crappy cards. VS was a crappy set, however I've since said that the VS concept wasn't a bad idea. It would make for a great Draft- or Constructed-format set, if only the cards themselves didn't suck.

As for finishing Mayakashi, I might just end up doing that. If anything, it would bring closure to the set. Best of all, I just remembered that I still have ultrarares #199/198 and #200/198 left to do. I forget what they were supposed to be. I think one of them was Light-Dark Mew I was gonna do with Kaiseren Myuu? The last one could be an official "the end" card, playable along the lines of "Here Comes Team Rocket!". What do you guys think?

As for my graphic novel Moose River, it's up to chapter four, out of nine chapters. But I'm not gonna discuss about that here, other than that I'm doing it. :)

Back