Not open for further replies.
So I saw a card in CoL that really caught my eye: Tangrowth
Tangrowth
:grass: type 110 HP
Stage 1 pokemon evolves from Tangela
:colorless: Grind 20x
Does 20x the amount of energy attached to Tangrowth
:grass::colorless::colorless:Strike Down 30
Flip a coin. If heads, the defending pokemon is paralyzed. If tails, place one energy attached to the defending pokemon to the Lost Zone.
Weakness: 2x:fire:
Resistance: -20:water:
Retreat: :colorless::colorless::colorless::colorless:
I made a deck list and I think it could use a little help

Pokemon:22
4-3-1 Tangrowth (2 Tangrowth CoL, 1 SF #29)
2-2 Shaymin (2 Shaymin #38 Platinum, 1 Shaymin Land Forme Lv. X, 1 Shaymin Sky Forme Lv. X)
3-2 Blissey (1 #22 Platinum, 1 Blissey Prime.
3-1 Uxie
1 Azelf
1-1 Metapod HGSS

T/S/S 21
3 Engineer's Adjustments
4 Bebe's Search
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Luxury Ball
2 Premier Ball
3 Expert Belt
3 Junk Arm
4 PokeHealer+

Energy 15
11:grass:
2 Warp Energy
2 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:
Use Engineer's Adjustments, Junk Arm and Blissey (Not prime) to discard as many energy cards as possible. Use Tangrowth Lv. X to reattach to Tangrowth. Then sweep with Grind. (Never use Strike Down!) Shaymin Land Forme x is there to make Tangrowth a bigger tank, along with the belts. Sky forme is to move energy around and for revenge kos when Tangrowth does go down. The base formes first attack, Energy Blow, works well with this deck. Tangrowth SF is a wall that heals itself while you are getting set up or an alternate attacker (I love this card). Uxie and Azelf are staples, and Healer+Junk Arm helps heal greatly. Blissey prime is a desperate heal.

Any ideas?
I also need a better name than this.

Last edited:
This should work very well. I used to run a deck very similar to this and now run a similar deck with tangrowth. Make sure you utilize the new tangrowth coming out in call of legends. Paired with tangrowth level x its attack, grind, it can deal out loads of damage late in games.
Also try it with metapod hs which deminishes tangrowth lv x's times two weakness or a leafeon lv x which can provide support for tangrowth while still being offensive at times too.

This should work very well. I used to run a deck very similar to this and now run a similar deck with tangrowth. Make sure you utilize the new tangrowth coming out in call of legends. Paired with tangrowth level x its attack, grind, it can deal out loads of damage late in games. If you are not familiar with the new card check it out here: http://www.pokemon.com/us/trading-cards/database/col-series/col1/34/

I will. (That's actually what I based the deck around. Look at the top of my post.) Thanks for trying to help!

-1 uxie and -1 rare candy. i think 1-1 metapod is better than those 2.

---------- Post added 01/26/2011 at 09:43 PM ----------

Also check out electivire FB sv

wt he..? you can get turn 2 blissey and tangrowth without rare candy its a stage 1. and why not just use BTS instead it isnt countered by vilegar

By t2 I mean my first turn if I go second. You cannot evolve on your first turn without it. BTS is better for me I concur, but it is also better for whomever I happen to play (except sp). It also works with junk arm, even if I don't need a rare candy, for discarding energy. And maybe I need to evolve instantly when I play a tangela or chansey from my hand to the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back