Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Target?

trumon

I was having a fun-deck torunament with my friends and in a certain match I was using a Bibarel SF while my opponent an Ambipom from Triumphant. The dilemma came when he used "astonished": he dealt 20 damage to my beaver but he tried to shuffle 2 cards from my hand into my deck because of astonish's effect. I told him that won't be possible because of bibarel's "Unaware" Poke-body (prevents all effects of attacks excluding damage done to bibarel)...
Now, who was right?
I think the shuffling effect is prevented because (like in the game) astonish makes the targeted pokemon flinch (in the TCG is translated as a shuffling cards effect), whom prevents that kind of effects...
On the other hand, since the effect is not dealing something extra to the Pokemon but affecting the hand...

Summary: Unaware ( = to Unown G) prevents hand manipulation?

another one: The same Poke-body (Unaware) also prevents Bibarel from being targeted when he's on the bench?
for example: "choose 1 of your opponents pokemon. This attack deals 30 damage to it." the first part of erffect should be prevented so in consequence the second part is useless...

thanks for reading!

First off, Ambipoms attack would require you to shuffle cards into your deck because that effect is on the OPPONENT and not on bibarel himself. Also NEVER compare the TCG to the Video Games.

Secondly, the 30 damage in your second question would go on Bibarel because it is DAMAGE and Not DAMAGE COUNTERS.

~P99

The attack will still work with the effects because ambipom is not affecting bibarel himself it is affecting you the opponent. The only thing Bibarel can stop is status conditions,energy removal attacks, pretty much anything that is affecting Bibarel directly. Your opponent was right to choose two cards from your hand.

this question is really well suited to the Ask the Rules Team forum, since it isn't really a matter of opinion.
And then, when you get the official ruling, you know how to play it for sure!

Back