Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Team PikaClan's Light Pokémon

Charizardian

Alright fakers, your next challenge is to create a Final Evolution Light Pokémon.

Name: 5 Points
This needs no explanation.

HP: 3 Points
Don't make it too low or too high.

Picture: 7 points
Remember to be descriptive!

Type: 5 points
A note for this round: The Pokémon you make must be type oriented (i.e. Brawly must get a fighting Pokémon).

Weakness/Resistance/Retreat Cost: 9 Points
Be sure to give the cards a proper weakness, resistance, and retreat cost.

Poké-Power/Body and Attacks: 50 Points
Be sure to use é, originality, and good grammar.

Rarity, Flavor Text, and Level: 5 Points
Don't froget these!

Explanations: 8 Points
Tell me why you gave them attacks/powers/bodies like you did, and why you gave them the certain amount of HP, Retreat cost, and the weakness/resistance.

Strategy:8 Points
Don't make cards that can't combo with anything!

Total: 100 Points

And now, the restrictions for this round:
No Pokémon ex or LV X Pokémon
No fake card mehcanics (Such as Ultima Type)
No dual types.
No basics (duh).

Deadline is next Sunday, 1PM ET.

Light Charizard Lv 38 130HP :fire:
Stage 2 - Evolves from Light Charmeleon

:ppowr: Brave Protection
If any of your Pokémon in play would be damaged or affected by an attack, you may use this power. If Light Charizard is on your Bench, switch it with your Active Pokémon. Then choose any of your Benched Pokémon. All damage and effects of the attack that would affect those Pokémon are instead done to Light Charizard.

:fire::fire::colorless:colorless Flame Breath 120
If the Defending Pokémon has less maximum HP than Light Charizard's remaining HP, discard 3 Energy attached to Light Charizard.

W - :water:+30
R - :fighting:-30
RC - :colorless

Rare Holo

This Light CHARIZARD is very protective of its fellow Pokémon, guarding them from attacks. Although its flames are powerful, it doesn't incinerate weaker foes.

Picture: A Charizard is flying through the sky. The sun is right behind Charizard, causing a Char eclipse. Charizard is flying towards the left, and seems determined to be going somewhere. It's gliding, like most Charizard usually are, and its tail is ablaze with determination.

Explanation: It has 130 HP because that is what Charizards ususally have, plus some bonus DP HP. Charizards are Fire type. Naturally, it evolves form a Light Charmeleon. Brave Protection comes from a Charizard's pride, and this one's kindness. Flame Breath is from the many Pokedex entries saying that it will never turn its fiery breath on a foe weaker than itself. However, whenever a Charizard is getting attacked, it will attack back at weaker foes. Weakness and Resistance are customary on all Charizard. Although no Charizards yet have had a [C] retreat, this is a special Light Charizard, so it gets special benefits.

Strategy:
1) Lucario LV X
L. Charizard can take hits that Lucario would ordinarily take extra damage from because of Close Combat.
2) Tyranitar ex
If Tyranitar ex is about to die, and already put up a Shockwave counter, you can save it so you can do a KO next turn.
3) Gyarados
If Gyarados has 10HP left, with Flail doing 140 damage every turn, you don't want it to go down from a Chimchar's Scratch. So you protect it with L. Charizard so you can keep up the 140 damage.
4) Night Pokemon Center
If you keep using L. Charizard to block, then retreat, it will eventually have a lot of damage counters and no Energy. Night Pokemon Center has 1/4 chance of fully healing L. Charizard.
5) Jynx δ
With its Body, all Fire Pokemon have a 1 less Retreat, allowing L. Charizard to function more easily.
6) Machamp
You use L. Charizard to take the hit, then Machamp does 70 damage.
Also, if your opponent brings out a strong Pokémon, you can switch in L. Charizard, receive some damage, and take them out with Flame Breath.

Last edited:
Light Lucario Lv 37 100HP [M]
Evolves from Riolu
Poké-Body Light Aura
Prevent all effects of attacks (excluding damage) done to your Pokémon by your opponent's attacks and prevent all effects of attacks (excluding damage) done to your opponent's Pokémon by your attacks.
[F][F][C] Healing Aura 40
Before doing damage, remove 2 damage counters from each of your Pokémon and each your opponent's Pokémon.
W: [R]+20
R: [P]-20
RC: [C]

Rarity: Rare Holo

Picture: There is a Lucario. He is sitting by a tree meditating. There is a white aura surrounding Lucario. There are also many wild Pokémon nearby the tree that have their eyes closed and are getting healed by the white aura. One is a Caterpie in the tree hanging by a thread by Lucario's head. A Tailow is perched on a branch on the tree. A Riolu is sitting by Lucario. A Magikarp is jumping out of a nearby lake and is splashing about but is still healed by the aura.

Flavor Text: LIGHT LUCARIO can sense and heal the aura of all things. It will meditate to create a healing aura to surround all nearby POKéMON to restore their energy.

Explanation: This card is how it is because its body causes the extra effects concerning foe Pokémon to vanish, and therefore letting its attack heal only your Pokémon. Its HP is slightly larger than DP Lucario, and its RC is the same. The weakness and resistance are customary for [M] Pokémon. It of course evolves from Riolu. The attack does only 40 damage due to its Lightness and its extra effect is so awesome. The rarity is because it is a Lucario.

Strategy: With Meganium d, Deoxys [M] d, or any other steel type or Pokémon that reduces damage, you reduce the damage by an amount, and because extra effects aren't applied the opponent must KO you with damage. Lucario itself can attach 4 Special [M] Energy to cause the opponent to have to do 60 damage or more to make a dent.

Note: How come the type says (i.e. Brawly must get a fighting Pokémon)? We aren't doing that this round.

Last edited:
charmander, your wording on that power is a tiny bit vague. "switch"? if both pokémon are on the bench, they switch places? perhaps "Charizard takes all effects of that attack, including damage."

I can come up with nice cheesy names imo, but the attacks themselves lack the oomph. lol

Light Dragonite Lv57 130HP (C)
Evolves from Light Dragonair

Poké-Power: Eastern Wind
Once during your turn, (before you attack), you may search your discard pile for a Pokémon, and put it into your hand. If you do, your opponent may search his or her discard pile for a Pokémon, and put it into his or her hand.

(W)(L)(C) Western Shower 60
You may attach a basic Energy card from your hand to one of your Benched Pokémon. Before doing damage, remove 1 damage counter from each of your Pokémon in play and your opponent's Pokémon in play.

Weakness: (C) +30
Resistance: (F)(G) -30
Retreat Cost: (C)(C)
Rarity: Rare Holo

Flavour Text: Called the "God of Rain" in ancient times, it has been known to help fishermen caught in storms.

Picture: The background is dark grey/blue, reminiscent of a pre-storm sky. A Dragonite is looking directly at you, seemingly standing on air. His wings and arms are outstretched, trying to make himself hover in the midst of the growing clouds, one of his feet directly faces you, revealing the sole. Numerous "wind lines" are behind and around Dragonite, to further remind you that Dragonites are the masters of Wind and Water.

Explanation: I have decided to go with a "龙" theme for Light Dragonite, as they're beneficial creatures. 龙 brings rains to the people, and of course you need the wind to bring the moisture, but they can also ferry Pokémon, so that's how the Power came about. It also fits the Dragonite, who guide lost people at sea. The attack is also based on aiding people(which links the Dragon, Light and Dragonite together) by giving them food(represented by energy) and refreshes them(represented by healing) The stats of the Dragonite are typical dragon typed stats.

Strategy: In competitive play, L. Dragonite would probably take a backseat, being only used for the Poképower. It can be used with Electivire, to accelerate it's energy heavy attack. Gyarados MT has an energy heavy attack, and so Dragonite can be used to heal and supply energy to it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel my strategy is lacking. Can anybody help me here?

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Oh, and I can say now I can have more discussion, cause I have control of the computer again. ^_^

Last edited:
Nice! Some suggestions:

Only 100 HP? Light Pokemon have more HP than normal. Give it 130 or so.

You COULD have its power as often as you like, because it is equal otherwise for both players. This way, you could take advantage of your opponent's Pokemon-less discard pile.

Maybe its second attack could take [W][L] and let both players attach an Energy.

The Weakness should be [C] +30 like all Dragons in this format.

Last, the flavor text should refer just to LIGHT Dragonite, not all Dragonite. I'm not sure if you made that up or not, or made it to fit LIGHT Dragonite, but if not, make it do so.

I agree with meditite rox on all accounts.

Now for my suggestions about Light Lucario:

Alright, why does it have an attack, and then a Body that cancels out its negative effects? There are NO OTHER POKEMON that can permanently do that.

Now to reword the Poké-Body:
Prevent all effects of attacks (excluding damage) done to your Pokémon by your opponent's attacks. Prevent all effects of attacks (excluding damage) done to your opponent's Pokémon by your attacks.

Now to reword the attack:
>.>
<.<
Wait a minute. There are no errors. :thumb:

Now post something about my card!

Needs more HP nonono
If one of your Pokémon in play would be damaged or affected by an attack, you may use this power. During your opponent's attack, cause all effects of the attack that apply only on that Pokémon to apply only on Charizard. Then, if that Pokémon was Active, switch Light Charizard with that Pokémon. This power can't be used if Light Charizard is affected by a Special Condition.

The problem I get with giving it too much HP is it has a self healing attack, and with tools/potions it can last a while.

However, I also get that we are not living in the Neo format but in the DP era so I have adjusted the Dragonite per suggestion. ^^

Last edited:
Here's my wording changing:
Poké-Power: Eastern Wind
Once* during your turn, (before you attack), you may search your discard pile for a Pokémon, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. If you do, your opponent may search his or her discard pile for a Pokémon, show it to you, and put it into his or her hand.
*can be changed to "As often as you like" if you want to
(W)(L)(C) Western Shower 40
You may attach a basic Energy card from your hand to one of your Benched Pokémon.** Before doing damage, remove 1 damage counter from each of your Pokémon in play and your opponent's Pokémon in play.
**Sentence can be changed to "Both you and your opponent may attach a basic Energy card from your hand to 1 of your Benched Pokémon." If you take this suggestion, I also suggest that you remove (C) from the attack cost.

The problem I get with giving it too much HP is it has a self healing attack, and with tools/potions it can last a while.

See Torterra. That thing has 140 HP and a selfhealing attack.
Your attack heals from all Pokémon in play instead of just your own. It could be all Light Pokémon instead, or just your Pokémon.

If any of your Pokémon in play would be damaged or affected by an attack, you may use this power. If Light Charizard is on your Bench, switch it with your Active Pokémon. Then choose any of your Benched Pokémon. All damage and effects of the attack that would affect those Pokemon are instead done to Light Charizard.

Torterra doesn't have a stackable power that allows you to basically take Pokemon from your discard pile, has 4 retreat and doesn't power his allies.

Well. it's okay now. I think that the Eastern Wind deserves to be often as you like.

Why does this combo with Gyarados? You make healing it sound like a good thing.

Last edited:
Deadline is next Sunday, not this Sunday. And my Internet has been down for three days. I just now got that rather angry PM. thanks medi rox...
--------------------

Light Houndoom (D)
100 HP
Stage 1 Pokémon (Evolves from Houndour)

PokéPower: Bleaching Sunshine

Once during your turn (before you attack), you may change Light Houndoom's type from (D) to (R) until the end of your opponent's next turn. If you do, the attack cost of all (R) Pokémon in play pay (*) less to attack and any damage done by attacks from (R) Pokemon do 20 less damage (both yours and your opponents)(before applying weakness or resistance) until the end of your opponent's turn. This Power stops working if Light Houndoom is affect by a Special Condition.

(DD*): Ignite Memories (60)

If Light Houndoom is (R), you may discard an (R) energy attached to Light Houndoom. If you do, draw two cards for each (R) pokémon in play.

Weakness: (F) +30
Resistance: (P)-30
Retreat: **
Set No.: SaIn-23
Rarity: R

Flavor: "A darkness basking in the sun's glory has brought the light eternal to its brethren."--The Salvation of the Dark in All, Vol. 2, Line 316.

Picture: A Glowing Houndoom is seen standing on a three-tiered platform. His eyes are closed a wind whips over his sunlight-drenched body. The normally red flames and light yellow hot, yet do not singe the crowd surrounding him. The platform, placed on the left-hand side of frame (it takes up a little over half of it), allows room for a crowd of Sneasel, Weavile, Houndour, Tyranitar, and other assorted darkness pokémon, listening intently for their leader (the glowing Houndoom) to speak. A priest in long, flowing white robes is seen in the background, supporting himself on a staff and smiling as he recognizes that the Houndoom is bringing a new message of joy to these mislead darkness pokémon. Over the hill in the distance, a pack of Growlithe and Arcnaine run towards these new brethren in the coalition against the Darkness.

Text Explanation: The card is obviously created to benefit fire decks with its "Bleaching" effect. The attack is also fairly straightforward, allowing for quick drawing and near decking. This card takes parts of its effect from the idea of using your fire pokémon to eat through your deck at a faster pace than normal. The PokePower is also a nice addition. Simple in its wording, highly effective in its usage.

Flavor Explanation: The card itself is part of another universe. In stark contrast to the mechanical happiness imposed on pokémon in the Holon Research Facility, pokémon from this world are constantly enveloped in light. When they hear of the tortures occurring in the Holon Facilities, the Priest Breeders rally their clans for a clash against the Holon's and to help their pokémon. Enter Salvation Block, the three block series centering on the Light pokémon type and their attempts to overthrow the hierarchy of the Holon system.

The Bleaching effect is found on a five-card cycle within the first set of this block, Salvation Incarnate, includes Houndoom and four other rares, each removing their normal type and replacing it with either (*) or their alternate type, if any. The set is capped by three bleaching cards at HR, each with more powerful effects. I chose to showcase Houndoom because of his simplicity in execution and clean-ness of design.

Combos:

Fire Pokémon with only (*) attacks (Infernape, Mew d, Arbok d all attacking for free)
Any Call for Friends pokémon (fill the bench, run and hide)
Holon Mentor (use the enemy to power up)
Team Galatic's Wager (prevent decking and use the cards you need to, then send them all back into the deck with an Ignite Memories; major abuse from this card).
-----------------------

BTW, all powers above are missing this line, unless they were left off for other reasons:

This Power stops working if Light ------ is affect by a Special Condition.

Last edited:
Back