Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Team Plasma Gift Set featuring Ghetsis

Status
Not open for further replies.
USA Marketing will finally have to accept in releasing this type of stuff instead of putting them in packs. Its better for brand growth as a whole to offer more cards in a easier way in obtaining them instead of putting them all in booster packs. Wish they would follow the Japanese marketing in how they release cards, would make things so much easier.

USA Marketing will finally have to accept in releasing this type of stuff instead of putting them in packs. Its better for brand growth as a whole to offer more cards in a easier way in obtaining them instead of putting them all in booster packs. Wish they would follow the Japanese marketing in how they release cards, would make things so much easier.

I agree with your post. Knowing them, they probably won't :/. Despite more product resulting in more $.

And we are defenitly gonna see a filler set in the future. Though any new cards in the Plasma Gift Set will probably end up in our Febuaray set.

Last edited:
I agree with your post. Knowing them, they probably won't :/. Despite more product resulting in more $.

Remember, a vast majority of the revenue generated by Pokemon cards are from children who are not competitive, as well as impulse buys. It would be a terrible marketing strategy for Pokemon TCG in America to cater their products to the competitive players.

As a competitive player, I want to have more convenient access to cards. However, for the longevity of the game, I understand that they have to use a marketing strategy to maximize revenue.

That being said, I'm sure that they could package these gift sets in a way that's conducive to attracting their target market, perhaps by including figurines/stickers/etc.

Last edited:
Remember, a vast majority of the revenue generated by Pokemon cards are from children who are not competitive, as well as impulse buys. It would be a terrible marketing strategy for Pokemon TCG in America to cater their products to the competitive players.

As a competitive player, I want to have more convenient access to cards. However, for the longevity of the game, I understand that they have to use a marketing strategy to maximize revenue.

That being said, I'm sure that they could make package these gift sets in a way that's conducive to attracting their target market, perhaps by including figurines/stickers/etc.

Same goes for Japan and I'm pretty sure they have more kids who buy cards that don't play the game.

Same goes for Japan and I'm pretty sure they have more kids who buy cards that don't play the game.

Japan has a more developed Pokemon franchise than the US. There's a lot more integrated marketing within the brand (advertising the TCG on the TV show, physical Pokemon Centers, a physical Pokemon theme park that advertises other products, etc.) There's also more cross-advertising with other brands, like packaged food products, restaurants, etc.

Marketing the Pokemon in TCG is necessarily very different in Japan and the US.

That being said, I'm sure that they could make package these gift sets in a way that's conducive to attracting their target market, perhaps by including figurines/stickers/etc.

I'm aware of that but I wasn't refering to players. In general, more product would mean more $ for them. They can still make profit from packs too.

Japan has a more developed Pokemon franchise than the US. There's a lot more integrated marketing within the brand (advertising the TCG on the TV show, physical Pokemon Centers, a physical Pokemon theme park that advertises other products, etc.) There's also more cross-advertising with other brands, like packaged food products, restaurants, etc.

Marketing the Pokemon in TCG is necessarily very different in Japan and the US.

Wait there's a Pokemon theme park?!? Orrrrr they can release this stuff but with flyers or something that promote competitive play which will then increase sales because more kids will want to buy cards for their decks!:thumb:

Wait there's a Pokemon theme park?!? Orrrrr they can release this stuff but with flyers or something that promote competitive play which will then increase sales because more kids will want to buy cards for their decks!:thumb:
There was. It's long gone, though.

Is it just me or are we way further behind Japan than normal in terms of sheer quantity of cards that still have to be brought over?

Well, I guess it's time for TPCi to release some side products.

Magic has Duel Decks, Multiplayer products like Archenemy and Planechase, From the Vault, Premium Deck Series (now obsolete), and all that stuff beyond the 4 sets they release every year. With the Multiplayer products, they are introducing new cards that haven't been seen in any Magic set ever.

I think they should introduce a character theme deck, to be released by itself, and not tied to any set, that contains the cards that that character uses. We had them before in Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge, and Team Rocket Returns. These character decks should be released 4 per year. These decks will also have cards never seen before in an English TCG expansion, and also the decks will be built better than the theme decks that come with each set.

They could also pull off a Yugioh, and put more promos in the tins.

What's the usual backlog been for HGSS-now? It certainly never seemed that large. Heck, we were basically only missing Red Collection and a few promos this time last year.

What's the usual backlog been for HGSS-now? It certainly never seemed that large. Heck, we were basically only missing Red Collection and a few promos this time last year.

It's usually not big. It's like a set + 20 or so promos. Right now it's:

Dragon Selection
BW5 +decks
BW6
National Beginning Set
Gym Challenge Promos
Keldeo movie deck
+ more I can't even remember.

:( Why does this world have to torture me!? Ghetsis wanted revenge on me for a long time and this is how he gets it? If the card is broken, I am gonna cry in a corner. Males cry too you know!

The way things are going Ghetsis will probably be Steven's Advice. Or he'll force your opponent to "liberate" all their Benched Pokemon and drive Team Plasma to victory! Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back