Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Team Rocket invades Stafford, Va! 11/7/04 UPDATE!

Sensei

Team Compendium Emeritus
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
:pokeball: Stafford,Va. EX Team Rocket Returns Prerelease! :pokeball:

Look out, Here comes Trouble! Team Rocket is back!

Hey everyone, you`re all invited to come on over for the brand new set EX Team Rocket Returns Prerelease! Be one of the first to get these brand new cards and also have a blast playing in the tournament! Come have fun at one of the best tournament places in the country where everyone has fun, there are contests to enter, and lots of prizes given out! :)

Make sure to have your POP# if you have one! Call the store to pre-register and make sure you give your name, POP ID# (if you have one), your age and Date of Birth, and which event you are calling for (EX Team Rocket Returns Prerelease). If you need a POP ID #, one will be provided for you onsite.

`Sensei

TOURNAMENT INFO

Date: Sunday Nov. 7th, 2004

Time: Registration is from 10-11am. Tourney starts after.

2852 Jeff. Davis Hwy Suite 101
Stafford,Va. 22554
540-659-0123

Entry Fee: $20 -all players get 6 EX Team Rocket Returns booster packs to make(and keep all!) a 40 card deck(including energy) for use in the tournament.Energy will be provided.

Tournament structure: The Tournament is run using the Limited Format and Age Modified Swiss pairings. See the Pokémon Floor Rules for information about the Limited Format and Swiss. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event.

PRIZE INFO

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age category (& everyone else will get some as well!). Our age categories are; 10 and under, 11-14 and 15 and up

All participants will receive a Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Prerelease stamped Promo Card!

Top eight finishers in each of the 3 age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place • 10 Booster Packs of EX Team Rocket Returns and 2 POP Series 1 Booster Packs

2nd Place • 9 EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs and 2 POP Series 1 Booster Packs

3rd Place • 8 EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs and 2 POP Series 1 Booster Packs

4th Place • 7 EX Team Rocket Returns and 2 POP Series 1 Booster Packs

5th - 6th Place • 6 EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs and 2 POP Series 1 Booster Packs

7th - 8th Place • 5 EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs and 2 POP Series 1 Booster Packs

9th and below • 4 EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs and 2 POP Series 1 Booster Packs

Each entrant receives a EX Team Rocket Returns prelease stamped ______ promo card!

DOOR PRIZES WOOT!!!

Top Door Prize!: Fire Red version for the Game Boy Advance!!! *

• A Gameboy Advance Leaf Green Version Carrying Case
5 POP Series 1 Booster Packs
• A Pokemon Advanced Charizard/Cacnea action figure set
• A Pokemon Advanced Aggron/Shroomish action figure set
• A Pokemon Advanced Aron/Marshtomp action figure set
• A Torchic small stuffed plush
• A Treecko small stuffed plush
• A Mudkip small stuffed plush
• Lots of extra goodies!
• More may be added as we get closer!!!!!

FUN CONTEST: Guess the Damage Counters!

I`m offering this fun contest for everyone to have a chance to win a Pokemon Pokedex Collectors Edition Book!! This huge book is really, really cool and also has an exclusive poster! What you do is try to guess the amount of Damage Counters in the jar. Closest person to the correct # of Damage counters in the jar wins the prize! In case of a tie, the winner will be decided randomly by die roll between the tied contestants. Anyone can enter this contest (meaning parents and siblings of players can enter) but each person only gets one guess slip to cast their best guess. You must be present to win.

FUN CONTEST #2 : Coloring Contest for 12-!

Like to win 1 of 2 Gameboy Advance Video: Pokemon movie`s given out in this contest? 2 random winners will be chosen for the grand prizes (the videos) in this contest. The pictures to be colored will be provided on site along with crayons or you can even bring in one you colored yourself at home! Remember, this is for 12 and under only!

LIMITED AMOUNT OF OFFICIAL EX Team Rocket Returns PRERELEASE T-SHIRTS WILL BE ON SALE!!

There will be a limited amount of Official EX Team Rocket Returns T-Shirts on sale as well as a few FR/LG shirts, so you better grab them before they are gone! These are even COOLER looking than the last ones!!! Prices are $12.50 for all sizes.

I`ll be seeing everyone on Sunday Nov. 7th! I`ll probably add more prizes and stuff, so check back every now and then for updates!!!!!

`Sensei

Last edited:
hum..... *pokes sensei*
well, this is interesting. you did say you'd fix it tomorrow though so i won't tell anyone yet.
I didn't really enjoy the short notice. Considering I already asked for the 31st off :) I don't think my boss will be overly thrilled that i will now be taking both days of that weekend off (if I can fill out the time-off request before the two weeks notice rule applies). I wonder if he is beginning to wonder what exactly I'm doing when I write in the reason for the day off as "going to Rockville, MD" or "going to Stafford VA" :rolleyes:
You wouldn't put either of the tourneys on the 31st, right?

Cool. You moved it. I certainly plan to be there. Just a good thing you didn't move it backwards a weekend, because I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled that Thursday ;x.

Most definately...look for a complete announcement by this weekend! :cool:

Mehbeh...I REALLY need some Dark Draggy, it's gunna be a beast when it comes out, but I dunno if it'll be in English theme decks or exclusive to packs, and as far as I understand it, we won't be doing sealed deck, right?

Should be a good time with or without me. (Although I'm sure you'll have more fun without!)

PS, whatcha talking about? You better look again! ;)

Heh, I was just going to ask if I should do a Booster draft afterwards...Should I??? :D

`Sensei

Bad time....

I can't make the Rockville tourney, but I will definately be at the Stafford Tourney. Is the day before my birthday! :psychic:

Definately do a draft afterwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I won`t be able to make it to the Dream Wizards event as I have to go up to Pa. for the weekend. :(

Have fun in Md. without me!

`Sensei

p.s. Hmmm...maybe there will be a draft...;)

Last edited:
Back