Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tech Thread

A.Threatz

I decided to start a thread of easy ways to counter popular decks. So I'll list the 10 most popular decks (Not in order) and the best ways to tech against them. If I could get opinions that would be great.

Rock/Lock:
-Battle Frontier
-Holon WP
-Milotic Ex
-Milotic HL

Medicham Ex:
-Desert Ruins
-Ninetales HL
-Dewgong RG
-Psychic Pokemon i.e. Grumpig

ZRE:
-Desert Ruins
-Ninetales HL
-Crystal Shard
-Dewgong RG

Meta-Nite:
-Battle Frontier
-Mr. Mime Odd

Queendoom:
-Battle Frontier
-Giant Stump

LudiCargo:
-Giant Stump
-Cursed Stone

Typhlosion/Liability:
-Sitrus Berry
-Holon WP

Binder(LBS):
-Desert Ruins
-Dewgong RG
-Battle Frontier

Gengar LM:
-Milotic

SMP:
-Battle Frontier
-UF Magcargo
-Moltres Ex
-Luna/Sol

I'll make edits for the 'why' they tech as we go on...

Last edited:
Add in grumpig for medi. Another tech against meta-nite is medicham ex and cursed stone ;P. With queendom, and in battle frontier and Cursed stone. Ludicargo has the counter of zappy ex. I will have to look at this thread later as I like top tens.(if anyone remembers my old thread, let me know if i should make a new one or not.)

charking said:
"Dewgong HL":lol:
say wha? where?
if it included LM, cursed stone for zre...can i see techs against dragtrode? i'm having problems with that.
but you know that if alot of ppl saw this, they'll just tech against the tech. :biggrin: like me.

Last edited:
zapdos ex said:
can i see techs against dragtrode? i'm having problems with that.

Battle Frontier, Crystal Shard, and Giant Stump all really hurt Dragtrode, and make great TecHs.

Marriland said:
Battle Frontier, Crystal Shard, and Giant Stump all really hurt Dragtrode, and make great TecHs.
thanks. cause zre has the lower hand in that situation.
i think holon nrg wp does some teching against gengar too.

A.Threatz said:
Meta-Nite:
-Battle Frontier
-Mr. Mime Odd
Those don't even make sense. Your opponent will obviously run stadiums, so all they have to do is replace Frontier on their turn. MetaNite decks either run 5 Stadiums or Cargo just to deal with this card. :rolleyes: Mr. Mime Odd? Seriously? Ever heard of DRE? GG Mr. Mime way to give up two prizes.

I'm not even gonna touch your LBS or Medicham tech lists. They're just too absurd. Dewgong vs Jirachi!? GG Dewgong.

Of course every counter can be countered, but I think this was a good idea to find general counters to top decks.

So does this mean a battle frontier deck with ninetales, magcargo, mr. mime odds, and a pile of psychic w holon wp energy is going to win every tournament I enter?

Great idea, I'll make sure to run this at states.:thumb:

Articjedi said:
So does this mean a battle frontier deck with ninetales, magcargo, mr. mime odds, and a pile of psychic w holon wp energy is going to win every tournament I enter?

Great idea, I'll make sure to run this at states.:thumb:

Add in a Milotic or two, and you're good to go!:thumb:

The bane of ZRE is dewgong. ex's can't touch it. KO's magmar and cargo and voltorb in one hit. Yeah, that doesen't counter anything :/

moza said:
The bane of ZRE is dewgong. ex's can't touch it. KO's magmar and cargo and voltorb in one hit. Yeah, that doesen't counter anything :/
Ppl dislike cards for no logical reason. It's their fault IMO, so meh...

And good Gengar counters are Holon Energy WP with water NRG, HL Regice EX, and an evolved Jynx to name a few. Granted the power still works on them, but blocking that first attack goes a long way aginst Gengar.

Back