Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Teching out Nationals

I dont like Dusknoir right now, There are so many better cards. While the suprise factor of Dusknoir is always there it is not always the best tech in a deck. I really dont like Electrode. Your taking out an Empoleon but your giving your opponent a prize and your giving them a turn to attack you still, so I just dont like it very much. I think the best idea is to play a deck that your comfortable and make sure it is working before trying to tech it out so much that you start having issues with it.

Drew

there are ery good techs right now, but how could you not tech noir. empolion plays lots to its bench and it slows g/g and plox down.

At nats, dusk will not be the best tech. Consistency will win, not a surprise. I mean, against a good plox there might only be like 1 turn where youre not ploxed.

Alakazam, Mew*, Holon's Castform, and Chatot will all be used as tech cards, but I agree Dusknoir will probably be the most common. Absol Ex, Rayquaza Ex d, and possibly Latilock may also find places as tech cards in decks here and there as well.

At nats, dusk will not be the best tech. Consistency will win, not a surprise. I mean, against a good plox there might only be like 1 turn where youre not ploxed.

Here is a perfect example of a good post. He gives the best reason possible for not playing Dusknoir, I completely agree with him.

crazycarl91 - Duskoir can hurt Empoleon, but a good Empoleon player can work around it and still win.

Drew

That one turn is usually huge, and often game changing. If your opponent used Dusknoir during that turn that might just be the game.

IMO, most Damage Spread deck like Empo, Flygon ex d, Golem, should play Absol ex to move the damage around to KO pokemon.

Last edited:
If spread decks are popular then I would tech in a dugtrio CG. It's devistating agaisnt emp because it ruins all their spread and all they're left with is to use it's second attack which may hurt themselves which can be a big problem.

^^It could work. Golem seems ok, but probably not Nats. material. I was just naming off Damage Spreaders though.

Last edited:
for a tech, i am teching crystal beach into a deck i am playing. i also hink that i whould teck in mew* and dugtrio, but i with have to find the space for it

Back