Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Techmaster Defends! 1st Place City Champs Report

Techmaster2kx

Douglasville ,GA, Saturday: I wake up and have my brother and sister in tow and head to the tournament.... we get to the original site and are redirected to Fabiano's Pizza in Downtown Douglasville. We arrive and get signed up... I am running Diamonds Are Forever again with Junk Arm Tech. The Seniors get paired with the Masters due to lack of Seniors for a full tournament. We get paired and I don't know how many, but there are 4 Rounds with a Top 4 Cut.

Round 1 vs. Josiah M. with Kingdra Prime/Vileplume
He gets the early lead and has my trainers locked up as I am desperately trying to hold on..... I manage to get a Dialga G LV.X out and keep it out of harms way. We play down to time with both of us only taking two prizes. I manage to get a Garchomp LV.X to Snipe a Uxie on his bench with him having no way to respond with a KO and I win a life/death game...... (1-0)

Round 2 vs. Jamie R. with Jumpluff/Sunflora/Shaymin
We both have horrid starts and I have a Smeargle active trying to portrait and succeed in landing a Pokemon Collector into a Uxie, Dialga, Garchomp. I attach an energy to Dialga with an energy gain. I attach Unown Q to smeargle then Set Up with Uxie for 4. I retreat and get the early Deafen. He manages to set up, but I have to much of a lead when time is called..... (2-0)

Round 3 vs. Greg Wyman with T-Tars
I have a great start and Toxicroak G Promo is too much and I take 6 prizes fast after a good game...... (3-0)

Final Round vs. Jamaiah ? (Peter Griffin) with MewPerior
I have a horrible Unown Q start with Azelf Benched to avoid the Donk, but he has Mew and immediately uses See Off.... I hit for 40 with Hidden Power after I draw Snowpoint Temple, pass. He Hard Crushes for 160 on poor Unown Q. I draw Uxie, attach Psychic to Azelf and set up for two and draw my second Unown Q. I make the mistake of attaching it to my Uxie and Lock Up for KO on Mew. He promotes Smeargle, Portraits my new Pokemon Collector I drew for Prize and gets two Mews and Uxie. and Benches them all, Set Up for 4 and then He plays Seeker on my Uxie Leaving my Azelf Getting Hard Crushed for 170 for Game. (3-1)

Top 4 is as Follows:
1st: Jamaiah (Peter Griffin) 4-0 with MewPerior
2nd: Marc P (Myself) 3-1 with DialgaChomp
3rd: Greg W. with T-tars
4th: Joseph P. with T-tars

Top 4 Vs. Greg W. with T-tars.
Its Good to see Greg in the finals and we wish each other good luck.
Game 1: Dialga G LV.X is Just too much for him to handle and I take 6 prizes.
Game 2: Dialga G LV.X benches him out after I snipe around with Garchomp LV.X and win the Match.

Finals vs. Jamaiah (Peter Griffin) with MewPerior
Game 1: The Game is back and forth and He takes it....
Game 2: He scoops after I take 2 prizes with Dialga G LV.X
Game 3: He gets a fast set up, but I hang tough. He balks on a couple of Hard Crushes for KO as I take advantage of the situation. Giratina is giving me problems, but Skuntank G gives me the advantage to set up a KO with Dialga. I have a heavily damaged Garchomp C LV.X on the bench and need an energy to win with Dragon Rush. I Draw my prize after KOing Giratina and he sends up his Blaziken FB LV.X to Jet Shoot for KO. We are both down to our last prizes and I reveal to him that the prize I drew was Double Colorless Energy and Dragon Rush for The Game, Match, and the City Championship.

Everyone is cheering after our Great Games and I am elated to have won my first City Championship this year and I thank My father in Heaven, God and my lord and savior Jesus Christ for giving me the victory. Jamaiah and I shake each others hand and wish each other well as we both enjoy playing against each other..... So I defend my City Championship for the 1st time as I won in Douglasville last year and get my packs and head home after a long day.....

Aftermath: MewPerior is a ridiculous deck and even in its worst matchup, is still very difficult to beat with the proper techs. I may try one my self soon.... ;)

Props/Slops

Props to:
Jamaiah (Peter Griffin), and Zach for Being players of Class and Great Skills (Hope to play see you guys again soon!)
Matthew B. and Chazz F. for Winning Douglasville City's in Seniors and Juniors respectively

Slops to:
Pack Pulls out of 18 (Yanmega, Machamp and Two Legend top halves and Only 1 Seeker Arrrgh!!!)
Thanks for Reading and God Bless!!!!
I be back next week with a Report from Lawrenceville!

Marc

Last edited:
Great job Marc! That first game was intense. I still don't know how Mew beat Dialga, though. Even with his Tech. Just amazing.

See you in Lawrenceville!

Dude. Let's get together on Friday or something and playtest. This is Justin, by the way. I promise I won't bubble out in Buford. <_<

Back