Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Techmaster Returns! 2nd Place GA Cities Report

Techmaster2kx

Saturday: I have to go to a CPR/First Aid Class for my job as I am an electrician and actually thought I was going to miss this one.... but as God has a way of doing things, my class was 2 highway exits from the tournament and it ended at 12 pm... so i packed my things and after class, I head to the tournament. My wife decided to go to a Magic The Gathering tournament earlier. I meet up with Tymon who gives me a hug as I have gone through a lot of personal tragedy this year... I also Meet Zach,Jamiah (Peter Griffin), the Ableys (Craig, Jenny, Keegan), Greg Wyman, and Jeff Brower and Sons and they all welcome me back... I am running my Diamonds Are Forever deck (Dialga/Chomp) it is my Nationals Deck updated for the new format.... So with everything set, there are 30 Masters, 5 Rounds of Swiss with a Top 4 Cut:

Round 1 vs. Luciano C. with Blast/Gatr/Golduck
Luciano is a retuning player who is coming back after a long absence.... I get the fast Dialga G/LV.X and begin to steamroll as he cannot find anything to keep me off of his defenseless pokemon... he tries to attach to his bench to counter attack but I have Garchomp C/LV.X Keeping his bench locked down... I take 6 Prizes...... (1-0)

Round 2 vs. Emre A.(Reigning GA Regional Champion) with Magikarp Legend (AKA Gyarados)
Emre beat me at Regionals this year in the top 4 and I beat him in the final swiss round at Nationals so we were eager to settle the score.... to avoid me getting the donk, he benches another Magikarp. I manage to play this to my advantage as his damage out put is limited with only two discarded Magikarp..He gets set up, but so do I and Garchomp C/LV.X and Skuntank G are keeping me hanging tough as we trade prizes....I manage to take a KO of of a Gyarados that ties the game when time is called... with the new end of match procedures I put him in a pickle with my snowpoint temple after I dragon rush his active Smeagle with my Garchomp... He can either replace my stadium to set up a Gyarados and lose a prize or take a Deafen Lock KO. He ends up getting Deafen locked to lose his Smeargle with no way to answer back as he cant play trainers.... I pull it out (2-0)

Round 3: vs. Will Y. with Magikarp Legend (AKA Gyarados)
We both get great starts, but I make a huge mistake not using my Unown Q on my bench after I take an early lead and pay dearly as he Crobat G/2 Poketurn KOs it.... He gets set up and we begin to trade prizes but as the game winds down and me with no more Garchomps, He takes his last prize with me taking 5. (2-1) Great Game, Will Well Played! I mentioned I hope to see him in the top cut and hope to get a rematch (prophetic words indeed.)

Round 4: vs. Jenny A. With Speed Spread (T-Tar Prime with Nidoqueen/Ampharos Platinum)
I have the worst hand ever as my only pokemon is an active Smeargle vs. a Spiritomb AR, Larvitar start on her part I try to Portrait to no avail. After a couple of Darkness Graces, She gets out a T-Tar Prime and I expect to lose next turn, after she Professor Oaks New Theory's in to 6. But in that hand, she draws my only out, a Pokemon Collector as I quickly Portrait it.... I get Toxicroak G Promo out to severly wound T-tar if it starts to take prizes. She she sets up Nidoqueen RR and Ampharos and Has another T-Tar with a dark energy on her bench and stars Megaton Tailing for a massive 140 to KO Smeargle as I have Snowpoint Temple out. My Toxicroak hits it for 120+ Poison as I bench Dialga G and Garchomp C and ready Dialga as I am holding Garchomp C/LV.X and Dialga G/LV.X. She KOs the Toxicroak and I promote Dialga and Level Up/EnergySecond Strike to KO T-Tar Prime, She promotes T-tar and Power Claws for 60. I make tough decision and attempt the Remove Lost to nail her energy and stave off a potential KO for her T-Tar next turn but even if she does, I have Garchomp LV.X to follow up if I fail. I get a heads and nail her DCE and hit for 80 but I also have snowpoint out to prevent the KO she reattaches DCE and Power Claws again. I use Energy Exchanger to grab my Warp Energy, SP Radar for Bronzong G, After I Cyrus for a Poketurn, Cyrus, Energy. I attach Warp, to Dialga with 120 damage on it, Galactic Switch to my active Garchomp the Warp Energy, Level Up Garchomp, Heal Dialga and the Poketurn reset Garchomp getting Warp Energy back, Promoting Dialga G/LV.X establishing Diamonds are Forever. She sees I can continue this for multiple turns and concedes. (3-1)

Final Round vs. Luiz C. with Charizard/Typhlosion Prime/Ninetales
He has a slow start and I keep him off balance with Garchomp C LV.X and Power Spray stopping his Ninetales from drawing into any thing significant and take 3 quick prizes. He manages to get a Charizard out with and Expert Belt, takes a couple of prizes but I quickly poison it with Crobat G. I let the Poison take down the Charizard as he quickly retreats it after getting down in HP and attempts to hide it on the Bench, but with two Garchomp C/LV.X in play, I Dragon Rush his benched Charizard for two prizes. he tries to keep me from the win promoting another Charizard, my second Garchomp C finishes the game with a Dragon Rush on his Ninetales after I Flash Bite it with my new Crobat G.
(4-1)

I await the Top Cut Call as there are 5 players with a record of 4-1. I make it in as 3rd seed
Top 4 is as follows:
1st: Will Y (5-0)
2nd: Nathan B (4-1)
3rd: Marc P (Myself) (4-1)
4th: Craig A (4-1)

I am glad I don't have to play Craig as he has Machamp, but I have an Uphill battle, as Newcoming Master Nathan Brower (Son of Jeffery Brower) has a great Gyarados.

Top 4: Vs. Nathan Brower with Magikarp Legend (AKA Gyarados)
Game 1: I set up and Take 6 prizes after a back and forth game.
Game 2: Nathan is discouraged, and I encourage him to think about what he is doing and take his time. but He roars back with an excellent play after setting up and ends up using Seeker to Donk my Crobat after returning my Garchomp to my hand. I want to win or lose in great games so I don't mind and begin game 3.
Game 3. I take 2 early prizes to jump ahead with Garchomp C. LV.X and after I take a third, he finally manages to set up a Gyarados, but can't find his other Magikarp to complete the KO when time is called he realises that in two turns he can't take 3 prizes and Concedes.
I congradulate him on his finish and I was very impressed on his technical skill and how he played against me in his first big Masters tournament and encourage him and tell him I want to see him at the top tables from now on. Well Played Nathan!

Top 2 Vs Will Y. With Magikarp Legend (AKA Gyarados)
Well, Will Y. Donked Craig twice with his Gyarados (Ironic as Craig is playing Machamp) so I get my rematch and what an epic one it was Game 1 and 2 were back and forth, but Game 3 was epic
I win Game 1, Will wins Game 2. Game 3 comes down to time and we are dead even, but I lost my Garchomp C's early to seal the deal and have to use an epic Dialga G with Crobat G with a Twins to grab a Poketurn and Unown Q to retreat Uxie LV.X and Crobat G, Triple Poke Turn, Poison Gyarados Expert Belted with 40 Damage on it and Second Strike/Poison KO Gyarados/Expert to tie the game on the last turn of the new endgame procedures. He quickly gets up another Gyarados and attacks Dialga for 90. with a KO looming, I Poketurn Dialga, promote Crobat and attempt to stall to find Aaron's Collection to set up a Garchomp to KO and win in Sudden Death next prize wins. I am holding Power Spray for the impending Regice's Regi-Move, but he draws into his second Regice and nothing on my bench can survive a Tail Revenge and I shake his hand...... Great Games, Great Tournament. (5-2 Overall Finish)

I Thank my Father in Heaven for allowing me to finish so well, especially after going from not coming to being able to come. I must have been meant for me to come. First of Gyarados is definitely the Deck to beat right now IMO. Dialga seems to be much better now for this current format and matches up extremely well with Gyarados. Lux-Chomp is still great, but is now on a regular playing field with Spiritomb starts, and Rescue Energy in Gyarados evening the playing field. Thank You all for Reading and God Bless!!!! Techmaster will return next week with a Title Defense in Douglasville, GA as I won Cities there Last Year!

Props:
To My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for all he does.
To Tymon Martindale for an excellent tournament.
To Nathan B. For his excellent play.
For Great Pack Pulls (Mew Prime, Yanmega Prime, 2 Legend Halves)

Slops:
None.

I'm Out, God Bless,

Marc

Last edited:
Haha great report man! This is Will by the way... and I'm loving the fact you mentioned my double machamp donk. It was a great few games... Ill be seeing you soon at the GA marathon!

My 4-1 was only good enough for 5th place... even though I only lost to Will, who was 9-1 for the day. Good job, Marc. We gotta learn to beat Gyrados better man... I'm 0-4 against it in tourny. I'll see you guys at the other ones.

Hey! Great job! It's Nathan B. Sorry I couldn't stay to see who won. I was rooting for you though! :D

Yeah, I'd would have won that first match if all 3 of my BTS weren't prized. lol

Looking forward to seeing you at the Marathon! :D

you guys where lucky! you got a top 4! we got top 2 in seniors and i didn't make the cut. Anyway, good job!

@porygon-X: matthew is your brother right? I beat him in round 2, his deck was really good, though!

Back