Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Techmaster Undefeated! 1st Place GA Cities Report

Techmaster2kx

Buford GA, Saturday: I get the Clan Perry together and we all go to the tournament, I am riding high after winning my first City Championship this year so I hope to keep the great playing going.... I meet up with Will Y, Justin F., the Browers and get signed up and ready to go.... I am playing Diamonds are Forever again with some last minute NEW TECH and I say a little prayer hoping that whatever I do, God gets the victory. There are 25 Masters with 5 rounds with a Top 4 Cut.

Round 1 vs. Matthew G. with Magnezone/Heatran/Dialga G
His deck kind of throws me for a loop and I start pretty good. I use my Garchomp on turn 2 to KO his benched Luxray GL then next turn KO his benched Magnemite to prevent the Magnezone Prime from coming out after some Poketurn shenanigans. He manages to get a Dialga G LV.X out and gives me some trouble, but I use Dragonite FB and Crobat G to take it down. After that the game goes downhill when he uses his Magnezone Prime to attack and I counter KO easily with Toxicroak G Promo..... Good Game Matthew.... (1-0)

Round 2 vs. Guy B. with Steelix/Blissey (Black Belt Tech)
I had the most incredible start vs him with Dialga G, Dragonite FB, Skuntank with SP Radar/DCE/Galactic HQ/Uxie in hand..... I decide not to attach down after I SP Radar for Dialga G/LV.X and Set Up for 5 after playing the stadium.... I Poison his Onix, and get the deafen early. Him not using trainers is crippling as I manage to knock out his Onix next turn with him struggling to set up..... I take 2 more prizes as he finally manages to get a Steelix Prime out and powered. He uses Black Belt to ensure the KO's on my Dialga and then I begin to use my 2 Garchomp to Snipe down his bench. He Black Belts and Gaia Crushes again for KO. I Dragon Rush His Uxie. He uses Luxury Ball to find another Steelix to evolve into, but does not have the Expert Belt to answer so he opts to find Uxie instead. I am holding Power Spray. He Sets Up, I Power Spray. With no Black Belt or Expert Belt, he loses to a next turn Dragon Rush on his Uxie after I retreat and Poketurn. I complement him as he has a very unique Steel/Bliss and he played it extremely well.... I just had the better Start..... Good Game Guy..... (2-0)

Round 3 vs. James H. with LuxChomp
James and I go way back when I won my first City Champs with Glistomb after I had a miracle comeback against him. I start Uxie, Him Garchomp. I manage to get a Pokemon Collector. and Go for my Counters and Tech for the eventual Luxray onslaught. I manage some cool tricks with my newest tech ;) and Stick a Snowpoint Temple on him nullifying KO's by Garchomp C LV.X before He Dragon Rushes My benched Azelf. I make him burn his Poketurns after he tries to Crobat G/Flash Bite to KO my Azelf which I promptly Power Spray each time. With Him with no more Poketurns and I had only used one, Dialga G LV.X and Dragonite FB Clean up his field and when time is called, I have a commanding 1 prize to 4 lead with him no way to climb out of the hole. Great Game James. He encourages me to keep winning and I do the same as his tournament life depends on me winning now.... (3-0)

Round 4 vs. Ken Cross with Kingdra Prime/Gengar SF
I get an ok start, but his Gastly using Pitch Dark is hindering. I get Dialga G. LV.X up however with 3 Special Metals Up and Start swing for prizes. He gets Kingdra Prime but cant attack without energy and gives me fits, but I get Snowpoint Temple out and Use Skuntank G to increase my damage out put. for Dialga He gets out a SF Gengar and Another Kingdra Prime and Double Spray Splash/Shadow Room KO Skuntank after I heavily Damage his Gengar with Remove Lost. Next Turn I Crobat G/Flash Bite/Poke Turn KO his Gengar then Heavily Damage his Kingdra Prime with Remove Lost. He attaches Unown Q to his Damaged Kingdra then retreats for Gengar Prime then uses Seeker, Lays down Broken Time Space and lays Kingdra back down. Then Attacks getting my other Garchomp LV.X out of my hand. I KO his Gengar Prime with Remove Lost. He Promotes Kingdra Prime and Rare Candies into another one and Double Spray Splash, Attach Expert Belt and Dragon Steams for 50 due to 3 Special Metals. I Remove Lost. He Spray Splashes twice, but I have Power Spray and he Dragon Steams disappointingly 10 damage from KOing Dialga G/LV.X. I Warp Energy to it, Galactic Switch the Warp Energy to my Promoted Garchomp C then LV.X then Healing Breath with my Dialga then KO with Remove Lost. He Concedes as I have and overwhelming advantage..... Good Game Ken.
(4-0)

Will Y and I are the only 2 Undefeated left so naturally we will play... He beat me two weeks ago for first place at Lawrenceville Cities so I want my payback....

Final Round Vs. Will Y. with Magikarp Legend (Gyarados)
His Start isn't as fast, and I use Skuntank G with a stadium and start to Smokescreen/Poison Structure to keep Gyarados off balance and force him to waste Warp Energies to score clean attacks after Smokescreen. He take a couple of Prizes, but I am hanging tough and he is running out of steam. I nail him with a key attack that gets rid of his advantages in his hand. (My tech ;)) With him slowing down and no real way to recover, he trys to get a Uxie out to save his damaged Expert Belted Gyarados out of harms way, but I Power Spray..... and He concedes..... Good Game Will.....(5-0)

Top 4 is as Follows:
Marc P. (Myself)(5-0) with DialgaChomp
David R. (4-1) with BlazeChomp/Krow
Will Y (4-1) with Gyarados
James H. (4-1) with LuxChomp.

Well James kept winning so I have to play him in the Top 4.

Top 4 vs. James H. (LuxChomp)
Game 1: Our Starts are ok but he promptly scoops after I get early Garchomp C advantage and him no way out of it....
Game 2: I attach to my only pokemon Uxie and Psychic Restore for 20 on Luxray He attempts the Coup de Donk on me after getting a great start with Luxray active and me going first. but After 2 Set Ups from Uxie after he pokemon collector and 3 burned Poketurns I escape the the turn with 60 Damage on Uxie. I have Pokemon Collector in my hand and I KO his Luxray with Uxie LV.X/Zen Blade. He sees my set up and with no Poketurns left (1 is Prized), he concedes after I take two more prizes with Dragonite FB. (6-0)

I expect to play Will Y, but David R. in a surprise victory, beats him 2-0 as he is Teching Honchkrow SV.

Finals vs. David R. with Blaze/Chomp/Krow
For Some Reason, I thought he was playing LuxChomp with Blaziken FB Tech. But I was wrong.... He is home for the Holidays after being in Arizona for College....

Game 1: I start Smeargle/Unown Q and go First, I nail him with Portrait for Pokemon Collector and get my set Up Garchomp C, Dragonite FB, Uxie. Next Turn, he uses that Pokemon Collector to get 2 Blaziken FB and Garchomp C. I have Cyrus in hand and Retreat for my Garchomp and Search out the Garchomp C/LV.X after I Nail him again with a Portrait from Smeargle for A Cyrus. I immediately KO his Garchomp and Establish Garchomp advantage. he sends out Blaziken, and Levels Up Jet Shooting, but the game goes downhill for him fast as I promply Bring out Uxie then LV.X and then Crobat/G Flash Bite to KO Blaziken. He Scoops to save time.
Game 2: My Start is horrible as I am just playing to survive. and he gets a commanding Lead, but I am determined not to let him win.... I manage to play out of a horrible start and he is up by 3 prizes after I take 1. Time is at 15 min left and I know if I can get him out of his resources, He is a sitting duck for Dragonite FB and Garchomp C. He is out of Poketurns and I begin to assault with Dragonite FB/Garchomp C/LV.X with Mach Blow and Dragon Rush and take 4 Straight Prizes. I need a Poketurn now to win or I need him to not have a power spray after I Aaron's Collection for the Bronzong that was KOed earlier. and Lay it on the bench attempting the Galactic Switch.... He has no Power Spray as I Dragon Rush his damaged Blaziken FB LV.X for the Game, Match, and my Second City Championship
(7-0)

I am elated and Immediately thank My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ for this victory and give him all the credit.... I Shake David's hand and tell him thanks for the great match I was just more determined and had more resources towards Game's end. I hope to play him again as he is a Great Player. I get High fives, My Packs and Medal and go on my way. I am taking a break and won't be at any more Cities until the Around New Years Eve because of work so I will be back after Christmas....

Props
To My Lord Jesus for all that he does...
To Tymon for another well run tournament....
To Daniel Samples for the Card He gave me... I owe you dude....
To All my opponents for Great Games!

Slops:
My Packs: 2 Primes (Magnezone, Machamp) and a Legend Piece... Ugh....

Thank You all for Reading and God Bless....
Have a safe and Blessed Christmas and I will be back soon with more Reports!

Back