Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Hot_Carl

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
THIS ANIME IS AWESOME

For those who don't know, it's the latest Gaianax production. It's a mech anime, but it's directed by one of the members of the animation team for FLCL, so the animation is stylish and ridiculous.

Anyone else watch this? Episode 25 of 27 just came out.

My new assignment at DigiPen is to make a Mars Mission game. You know, that game where you have to land your space craft without crashing and dying? Well, originally, I just planned to have a simple space craft with flames and decided to make my own art assets instead of using the pre-made ones. However, I had a stroke of brilliance.
Allow me to introduce:
Tengen Top Gurren-Lander
Here is Gurren-Lander

I'm not done yet, but it's coming along pretty well. xD Still need to make the levels which will probably be vastly inferior to my Lander. =(

Well, networking games aren't until 3rd or 4th year (I forget which is 3D and which is networking). XD

EDIT:
Episode 26 was even more epic than the last. The last episode will have to be the epitome of epic.

. . .

I had an epiphany that episode 27 will be the epitome of epic epilogues not to be watched by those with epilepsy.

That's the best I could do.

Last edited:
Episode 26 was nuts. 27 will be the epitome of epic, like you said. Here's my guess about the end...

The first scene of the first episode, where you see a battle in space and Boota and Simon. (We know it's Boota now, which I thought was awesome) That scene will also be the last scene of episode 27. The anti-spirals are gone, and it's a different battle.

fsjdahfshdfsjfhdfslddhfsdhlfa;lfruhtuiaregkrvjndxjfgfhksafuihreuwnbfkjs.vfbdfjshfbewhfsdlfkjdsfhbkaslf
TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN IS THE BEST SHOW EVER

Such an epic last episode. It was so epic I totally forgot about Boota until after it was over. What happened to Boota. ?_? Oh well, who cares? It was amazing.

Chris you are one lucky guy. I always wanted to go to Digipen. But, I probably would have not gotten accepted. Due to some poor grades in certain subjects (math, blech!).

I have heard really cool things about this anime, I will wait till the DVD comes out soon.

horray for hotblooded endings.

I was actually quite impressed with the series. I was expecting it to turn into Evangelion all of a sudden (it is from Gainax after all), but thank god it didn't

Good end. I kinda wanted insight on the battle from the first scene, but I'll live.

And yeah, I couldn't handle an Eva ending. ;x

Dek said:
horray for hotblooded endings.

I was actually quite impressed with the series. I was expecting it to turn into Evangelion all of a sudden (it is from Gainax after all), but thank god it didn't
Hurray indeed. Hot-blooded series are the best. They're the only reason to watch sports anime. Which reminds me that I can't wait until Major season 4. :3

I need to find this anime on youtube and watch it. It sounds very interesting.
You would be doing yourself a disservice to watch this beautiful series with crappy youtube quality when there are very nice, high quality fansubs to be found.

Hot_Carl said:
Good end. I kinda wanted insight on the battle from the first scene, but I'll live.

And yeah, I couldn't handle an Eva ending. ;x
Eva ending would have destroyed Gurren-Lagann's awesome. And that's a lot of awesome to destroy.

The OST is pretty amazing. This was a freakin' great series. Here's my top 5 series now that GL is complete.

1. Death Note
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
4. Wolf's Rain
5. Naruto (Manga only)

Death Note was inspiring and amazing. Cowboy Bebop is just irreplaceable, but I almost put TTGL as my #2.

Feel free to share where this series sits with you. ;D

What? Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is not #1? Blasphemy.

1. TENGEN TOPPA GURREN-LAGANN
2. One Piece
3. Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger
4. Kamen Rider Den-O

I kinda want a second season of Gurren-Lagann. On the other hand, I kinda don't.

One Piece at #2 and Cowboy Bebop nowhere in sight? THAT'S blasphemy. ;(

I'm not sticking gurren on my list until I see the whole thing. Geez Chris, your list is a lot different from mine.

I thought about putting Suzumiya Haruhi at 5th, but I ended up being unable to completely decide. Besides, that's only a current top four. Gurren-Lagann will eventually drop off that list as new things come in even if it was better than everything else (which it probably is).

Also, I just really love Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, so I had to put them up there in my effort to promote them. If I restricted myself to just anime I'd be forced to pick between a lot of shows I really like.

Back