Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

~Teorterror Deck~ *RaWr*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjask_161

I just did a major overhaul on this deck. i took out all the steel cards and replaced them with dark. check out the new list and tell me what you think.

Energy:19
6x basic dark
10x Grass
1x Call energy
1x special dark energy

Pokemon:18
3-2-1 MD torterra

4-2 Cacturne
1x Darkrai

2-2-1 MD Porygon Z

Trainers:23
4x Moms Kindness
1x Felicity's Drawing
2x Pokeball
2x Amulet Coin
2x Energy Search
3x Bebe's Search
3x Prof. Oaks Visit
2x Warp Point
2x Team Galactic's Mars
2x Roseanne's Research

Torterra, Darkrai, and Cacturne are the main damage in this deck. Since this deck is heavy on supporters, the porygon line is nice, the download ability allows you to play a 2nd supporter card every turn. and in times of need Porygon Z isnt too bad either, a chance of 120 dmg is nice. I would like to add more torterra MD/lvl X, but they haven't arrived in the mail yet, so, i'll update again when they get here.

Last edited:
MOAR Torterra. 1 won't cut it. Since he's your main attacker, you need at least 2, and preferably 3. Can you fing a Torterra Lv. X? It comes in a tin with 4 booster packs. Find one, if ya can.

Got more Professor Oak's Visit? Team Galactic's Mars? If you have either please take out Mom. Buck's Training is soon to be released, so look out for that too.

If you're going to use Skarmory (who has 70 hp I believe) as a tank, (if that is even possible), you should at least use Special Metal Energy.

You should use MD Dialga, if you have it. If you can get your hands on Dialga Lv.X (who could help you, considering Torterra's slowness), that would help. It also comes in a tin.

Where does Leafeon fit in? Hmm... Anyway, run more than 1. 1 is SO iffy. Leafeon Lv.X (who is a lot harder to come by than Torterra or Dialga,) would help lost, with it's Energy acceleration power.

Also I would suggest running at least 2 Rare Candy, and at most, 3.

BTW... I don't see Torkoal. Also, I'm not sure if his body prevents damage to your pokies from Torterra's Earthquake, if that' what you were going for.

Edit: Naw, it doesnt.

Last edited:
yeah, right now on my trade thread, I have a pending trade on my Magmortar lvl X, for a RH MD Torterra and a Torterra lvl X. I'll pick up another MD torterra starter deck to get 2 more prof oaks visit. And with skarm, I just slap a leftovers on him, and tank the early game basics. he can also discard their energy too, so thats a plus. I dont have the MD dialga, but i'll see what i can do. the leafeon chain will come out once I get some of the other cards I need. Im just using them as filler right now. I've been trying for a couple of weeks to get 2-4 rare candies, but its a real pain when i only get a few boosters a week.

Yeah, i dont have torkoal in there, i was just wondering if there were any good torkoals available. because i wanted to take the steel cards/ leafeon line out of my deck and add some fire cards....any suggestions on how i should approach that? while still keeping torterra my main attacker?

Last edited:
I just updated my decklist, should be only a few more days until i get another MD torterra and my lvl X torterra, compliments of chanman50. the 4x moms will be replaced by 4x bucks in LA. I think it needs a few more pokes, but i'm not sure, what do you guys think? I'm thinking maybe i can drop 1 grass energy and the pokenav(about to rotate out), and add a couple shaymin?

Hey, here are my fixes:

-2 Skarmory
-1 Dialga Lv.X
-1 Dialga
-3-2-1 Porygon-Z
-8 Metal Energy
-1 PokeNav
-4 Mom's Kindness
-1 Felicity's
-2 Quick Ball
-3 PokeBall
-2 Leftovers
-2 Amulet Coin
-4 Energy Search

Total: 38

+4 Roseanne's Research
+1 Oak's
+1 Warp Point
+3 Bebe's
+4 Super Scoop Up
+3 Crystal Beach
+1 Chatot
+2 Baltoy GE
+3 Claydol GE
+1 Torterra Lv.X
+1 Torterra MD
+1 Torterra DP
+4 Rare Candy
+1 Turtwig
+3 Call Energy
+2 Team Galactic's Wager
+2 Night Maintenance
+1 Grotle

That's for this format, if you're going to Grinders or Worlds... I might have forgot something, so someone just tell me if I did.

mmmkay, i know i asked for advice, but i really don't want to play the same deck as everyone else. thnx though, and for the record, i wont be at worlds and idk what grinders is, but i doubt i'll be there. and with the deck the way it is now, you would be surprised at how smoothly it runs. I am considering however taking out the steel and replacing it with fire as mentioned before. Most of those cards, I don't have, i've got a box of cards, maybe 3-400 total, including pokes, energies and trainers. it may not be better, but i don't want to play a cliche deck, thnx though.

It isn't, exactly, "the deck everyone is playing." That would be Gardevoir/Gallade.

If you want the Torkoal LA in, perhaps try these fixes for my list:

-3 Crystal Beach
-2 Team Galactic's Wager
+2 Torkoal LA
+2 Cynthia's Feelings
+1 Something (you choice)

Once your first Torterra gets KO'd, your done for, really, so you want more Torterras... I think my version would run smoother.

If you don't have the cards, then... um... try to get them, I guess, and also substitute some cards with others that fulfill similar purposes (ex. Professor Rowan instead of Cynthia's Feelings, 4 Technical Machine TS-1 Evolutionator instead of 4 Rare Candy, etc.)

yeah, is there any way to change the thread name? I think i've decided against adding the torkoals, unless there is alot of Empoleon/spread being played next season. I'll get some battle roads under my belt and then decide if i want to do that. and i'm well aware that GG is the deck everyone is playing now, which is why im trading my gallade.I like to be a little more original. I'm currently waiting on 2 more Torterra's to arrive in the mail, so those will be added as soon as they get here. I'm going to try to trade for some rare candies and some SSU's. I just need something like some nice Basics or some kind of energy accel.

If you want some strong Basics, I'd probally suggest Phione, Pachirisu, and Chatot. You can also try some Legendaries, like Azelf MT to slow their Starter down by 1 turn (which can be crucial), prevent Double Rainbow Energy from being played (and Scramble Energy), and be cool. If you want Energy accel, I'd recomend Sceptile GE, which I forgot to suggest to you in my earlier post. To fit Sceptile in with DP-on list, perhaps try this:

-1 Claydol
-1 Chatot
-1 Grotle
-1 Turtwig
-1 Something
+2 Sceptile
+1 Grovyle
+2 Treecko

Also, to change the thread's name, click "Edit" on the original post, and then click "Go Advanced." Now, erase the title and call it something new.

sadly, i really dont know what any of those pokes do, so its kind of hard for me to see the big picture here lol. Sceptile sounds like a good idea though, ill have to pick up some GE packs, i really need the rare candies anyways. thanks for the advice

Sceptile makes all Grass Energy count as two. Azelf's Poke-Body makes all of your opponent's Basic Pokemon have to pay 1 Colorless Energy more to use their attacks, and the attack stops Special Energy being played by your opponent.

Yes, Sceptile is nice. But before you go posting Magmortar/Sceptile lists or Sceptile/Blissey, I forgot one thing about the card - It only affects Grass Pokemon. However, it still works with Torterra, Tangrowth, Exeggutor, and Leafeon very nicely.

yeah, seeing as how i already traded my Magmortar lvl X for Tort Lvl X and Tort MD, I think im stuck with grass for awhile anyway ^.^

not if i took out my Porygon line, that would allow 2-2-2 pixies. but the reason i use the porygon line, is because of porygon 2's download ability, allows you to play a 2nd supporter every turn.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I got a few starter decks today, so I could get some of the trainers I needed. I added some, Mars', some roseannes research's and some bebe's searches. I got the Darkrai theme deck, and the Magmortar Theme deck, and I was wondering if maybe I should swap out the porygon's in my deck for the Venusaur line, but i use them a good bit, my deck is kinda heavy on supporters, so the download ability comes in handy, but the deck feels like it doesnt have enough heavy hitters, any suggestions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back