3 Random Receiver
3 Enhanced Hammer
4 Crushing Hammer
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Cilan
2 N
3 Juniper

11 Fighting Energy

The strategy for this deck is to consistently deal 90 damage with Terrakion-EX making this possible with the energy acceleration in Pump Smash. Terrakion deals slightly cheaper damage on a revenge KO, gives up only one prize, and takes out Sigilyph. Garbardor can be used to shut down abilities for a turn or 2, giving a much needed window to slip through some decks' defenses and slow them down a bit. The hammers are used to keep your opponent's energy count down, so that Terrakion-EX can last longer than 2-3 turns.

cards I would like to include but can't seem to find room:

3 Pluspower - can't decide between this and SSU, thought maybe SSU could be more useful than pluspower in many situations, although I could be wrong.

1 more tool scrapper - this doesn't matter as much, but it can be nice to save a tool scrapper to use on your own pokemon, in case you want to make the switch from say, Eviolite to Rescue Scarf

1 more N - I usually end up using all 3 Ns in my other decks, but decided to cut one in this deck for another Hammer.

2 Cheren - took out these 2 for a 3rd set of tools, though I always use both Cherens, I would really like to find room for these 2, and especially when the FA comes out I'll feel that I'm missing out. On the brighter side, this reduces the supporter count so that Random receiver can be more reliable when energy or refresh is needed.

3 Potion - I love this card so much, but the recent descicion to include hammers knocked out my healing cards, which means no more potion :(

2-3 Pokemon Center - This card is great in the Darkrai matchup, destroys SAB that your opponent can take advantage of, and is a nice way to recover if you have a switch handy.

2 Ultra Ball, -1 Heavy Ball - These search out Trubbish, which can be important, with only a small drawback.

So what do you think? Any way to fit these in?

Translations (from Pokebeach):

Terrakion-EX – Fighting – HP180
Basic Pokemon

[F][C] Rock Tumble: 50 damage. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Resistance.
[F][F][C] Pump Smash: 90 damage. Choose 2 Basic Energy cards from your hand, then attach them to your Benched Pokemon in any way you like.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3
Rescue Scarf – Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to one of your Pokemon to use it. You can only attach 1 card to 1 Pokemon, and it remains attached.

If the Pokemon that this card is attached to is Knocked Out by damage from an attack, put that Pokemon back into your hand. (Discard all cards attached to that Pokemon.)

You can use any number of Goods cards during your turn.

Tool Scrapper – Trainer

Choose up two Pokemon Tools attached to either player’s Pokemon, then discard them.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

Garbodor - Psychic - HP100
Stage 1 - Evolves from Trubbish

Ability: Dust Toxin
As long as this Pokemon has a Pokemon Tool card attached to it, ignore all Abilities printed on any cards in either player's field, hand, or discard pile (excluding any Dust Toxins).

[P][P][C] Sludge Toss: 60 damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Retreat: 3

Trubbish – Psychic – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Pound: 20 damage.
[P][C][C] Poison Gas: 30 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Retreat: 2

Last edited:
I would use the NVI Trubbish instead. It allows you to search your discard pile for a card and put it on top of your deck for a colorless energy. I would use Ultra Ball over Heavy Ball because Ultra Ball can put energy in your discard , which is the goal of this deck. I would actually run a 2-2 split of Ultra Ball and Heavy Ball, and drop the Cilan for another 1-1 line of Garbodor, in case that critical one is prized. Honestly, here are the exact changes I would make:
-1 Heavy Ball
- 2 Cilan
-1 Trubbish DRX
-2 Random Receiver

+2 Trubbish NVI
+1 Garbodor DRX
+2 Ultra Ball
+1 Juniper
+6

That is just my opinion. You need more Juniper.

I would use the NVI Trubbish instead. It allows you to search your discard pile for a card and put it on top of your deck for a colorless energy. I would use Ultra Ball over Heavy Ball because Ultra Ball can put energy in your discard , which is the goal of this deck. I would actually run a 2-2 split of Ultra Ball and Heavy Ball, and drop the Cilan for another 1-1 line of Garbodor, in case that critical one is prized. Honestly, here are the exact changes I would make:
-1 Heavy Ball
- 2 Cilan
-1 Trubbish DRX
-2 Random Receiver

+2 Trubbish NVI
+1 Garbodor DRX
+2 Ultra Ball
+1 Juniper
+6

That is just my opinion. You need more Juniper.

I think you are mistaken on the purpose of the deck. You never want energy in the discard. In fact you always want energy in your hand. The only way having energy in the discard would be effective is if you ran 4 energy retrieval.

Slev is correct, energy in the discard pile is a bad thing. With 11, there aren't enough to go round so I find it important to keep energy out of the discard pile with Energy Retrieval and Super Rod. Cilan is an important card for searching out energy. I know that it looks like a waste of a Supporter at first glance, but having tested with and without it I can say that it does help a lot, if only because you can attach all 3 energy in the same turn. I will consider the NVI Trubbish, but the reason I chose the DRX one was because of its higher HP, then again, discard recovery is important as well. I am curious as to why you chose to drop 2 of the Random Receivers, as they seem necessary with a low supporter count. Would you explain your reasoning a bit more, Vablakes?

Hurr durr my brain messed up and I was thinking it took them from the discard, lol. Yeah, forget Ultra Ball. But trust me, you don't need Cilan. I used to run an Emboar varient which required a whole heck of a lot more energy, and not once did I wish that I had Cilan over an Oak's or a Juniper. What I would change about what I changed:
Do not take out the Heavy Ball.
Do the rest of the changes, except instead of 2 Ultra Ball, use 1 more N and a Bianca.

Trust me, I'm a pro at decks like this. I played Reshiboar for a whole year, and the two decks have almost the same focus.

I'm not sure about it ether (oh yeah, look at that Poke-Pun, lol) but if you are going to run it, you need to run a 2-2, in case one of them is prized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back