Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Terror level to Orange/Elevated

Just this afternoon, Tom Ridge has officially raised the terror level from code Yellow to code Orange.

They say there is significant "chatter" and information that there could be an attack on the country bigger than 9/11.

They believe that there will be more airplane attacks, but with cargo planes because the security around them isn't as tight as passenger planes.

Oh I'm so scared I need someone to hold me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Your thoughts people?

I think there is always the threat something COULD happen, but not as likely. I think we are a little more alert and prepared to prevent these idiots from this kind of stunt again. I think most of it is just these guys talking noise. We got a guy who is acused of being linked to them, and most likely to some degree is, in our custody. We are after there boss (assuming he is still in hiding and alive) and wont quit til we find him too. I hope and pray that it is all smoke and mirrors on there part.... and if not, that WE are able to put them down before anything like 911 happens again.

Everyone be safe this holiday, enjoy life and what is, dont fear what might be.....

I'm not scared, if they try anything the'll regert it. Just be caurful not cross the worng guy(s)
And if they mess with me they will face Joe Monkey's warth!!!!

And on a some what related matter. Here what kid in my class said:" they found Iraq?!"
I didn't even know it was missing? and yes he did say that:lol:

Last edited:
Well, orange is the highest level possible without actually having bombs in the air or something similar. If it's red, then the threat is actually becoming reality as we speak.

I live in Utah. So, during the Olympics a lot of stuff happened. Many threats, and some actual events went down that didn't make the press.

I for one am scared. I know more about what is happening than most of you, but I can't talk about it...

terror.jpg

Red is when we start anti-islamic propaganda and start renaming foreign products with "patrotic" titles, like Freedom Turbans or Liberty Steak. Better be ready to ship off all of our violators of the Patriot Acts to camps at Heart Mountain, Wyoming. :rolleyes:
-Phil

UncleBob said:
Well, I sure and glad we caught Saddam, we can all rest in peace now...

And of course that is the real price of our side trip to Iraq.
We had to pull a lot of focus and troops off of Afganistan to run the operations in Iraq.
The pressure was taken off of Al Quaida and it was able to get organized again.

We also have issues in North Korea that aren't being dealt with well. We can't spare troops to effectively give a show of force there...
China is threatening Taiwan and we can't give that any attention...

...and just forget about meaningful attention to Israel and the Palestinians..

We just didn't need to sideline all of our forces into Iraq at this point in time.

UncleBob said:

Now there's a bad choice of words if ever I saw any.

I'm not usually the paranoid type. I do tend to try and look behind what's being said, but I don't usually jump at shadows. However, for the past year or so, I've been wondering about just how many of these security scares are as major as they're made out to be.

A security scare like this is a PR win-win situation for the authorities. If it happens, they can say, "We told you so." If it doesn't, they can say "Our intelligence deterred them." It's been happening less and less recently, but early on, I think many scares were exaggerated in order to keep America's attention focussed on the target.

As for Iraq, I'm with you guys; it was a bad idea, not only from the points of view of the Anti-War Lobby but from Bush's own perspective. With or without 9/11, I'd say that Bush's term of office would have seen this invasion. It was always a pet plan of his, and Afganistan just happened to give him the excuse to carry it out.

Incidently, I'm also a firm believer that Osama bin Laden is dead.

PokePop said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBob

And of course that is the real price of our side trip to Iraq.

And, IMO, might be the reason why teh terrorist level was upped today. Maybe because Al Quaida is possibly getting back at us.

Shinji Ikari said:
What about bin Laden? hmmm? :D

Well, my dad is saying that Osama is hiding in France

Arthas_Zero said:
And, IMO, might be the reason why teh terrorist level was upped today. Maybe because Al Quaida is possibly getting back at us.

Nah. If they have anything in the works for this week, they've been planning it for months. They don't do these things on the spur of the moment.

Now there's a bad choice of words if ever I saw any.

I wondered if anyone would pick up on that... ;)

[quote[Well, my dad is saying that Osama is hiding in France[/quote]

Yeah, because your father would have any remote clue.

You know, it surprises me to no extent... American popular opinion is just now starting to realize that the war in Iraq probably wasn't the best of plans... And yet everyone is still ready to bash the Dixie Chicks or France or whomever else when these groups realized the same thing, just sooner....

"You know, it surprises me to no extent... American popular opinion is just now starting to realize that the war in Iraq probably wasn't the best of plans... And yet everyone is still ready to bash the Dixie Chicks or France or whomever else when these groups realized the same thing, just sooner...."

They're just jealous. ;)

Actually, it's a little more complicated than that.

Anyway, just remember that the terror alert level is merely a measure of the probability of an attack.

I want to go to Times Square [New York City] to see the ball drop with some friends
but my father won't let me cause he thinks something'll happen [involving terrorism].

Sucks.

UncleBob said:
Ask your father if he's proud that he's let the terrorist win.

Whoa! Take it down a notch.

As a father, I would not presume to judge how someone decides to protect their children. Especially when there is a real (if vague) risk.

To me, his father has already let the terrorist win if he's hiding in fear from them - after all, that's what the terrorists ultimatly want - for us to fear them completly (well, that and for us to die...)

I agree with UncleBob, if you give in to the fear of terrorists, you let them win. If you never ride a plane again because 9/11, they won.

Back