Thursday, 2 January 2014
The Venue in Plano
:pokeball:
2540 K Ave
Plano, TX 75074
Start Time: 10:00 am

For all tournaments:

Entry fee
: Masters: $10/tournament or pre-register for all tournaments and get a 25% discount plus bonus raffle tickets
Juniors/Seniors: FREE!! Bonus raffle tickets for pre-registration

Pre-Registration: Players may register at Pre-Reg. Just a note – I believe you need to be logged into your Facebook account to access this page. If you don’t have a Facebook account, go to www.facebook.com/texaspokemon and click on the box that says “Welcome”. This is just under the cover photo and the words “Texas Pokémon”. There are several boxes (photos, likes, events, etc) – if you don’t see it immediately, click in the little number 1 or the box next to “notes”.

ALL players who pre-register will be entered into a drawing for a $25 pre-paid VISA. You have until 22 December to pre-register.

Format: Modified Constructed. Each player must bring his/her own deck of 60 cards – all cards being within the current format (Black & White:Next Destinies through Black White:Legendary Treasures) and a decklist detailing the cards in his/her deck

Prizes – Masters Division: Prizes will be awarded to the top 4 finishers in each age division.
1st Place – 36 Booster Packs, a City Championship trophy & 50 championship points
2nd Place – 20 Booster Packs & 40 championship points
3rd/4th Place – 10 Booster Packs & 30 championship points
5th-8th Place – 4 Booster Packs & 20 championship points (if attendance is 32+)
9th-12th Place – 2 Booster Packs & 10 championship points (if attendance is 64+)
13th-16th – 1 Booster Pack

Prizes – Junior & Senior Divisions: Prizes will be awarded to the top 4 finishers in each age division.
1st Place – 18 Booster Packs, a City Championship trophy & 50 championship points
2nd Place – 10 Booster Packs & 40 championship points
3rd/4th Place – 4 Booster Packs & 30 championship points

There will be a promo card for everyone (while supplies last) and raffle prizes at each tournament. There will be 2 raffles – the general raffle with smaller prizes and a Mega raffle. The Mega raffle will have a prize with a higher value (such as a box of cards). Players will choose which raffle to enter by placing their raffle ticket(s) inside the bucket for that raffle.

Additional info: A VIP package will be available at each tournament. It is meant to give you something by which to remember the tournament and your experience. The Texas Marathon VIP package is $5 and includes one booster pack and one commemorative Texas Marathon die. You may purchase one VIP package for each tournament in which you are entered. On the last day, if there are dice left over you may purchase additional dice for $3 each or 2 for $5. You may purchase VIP packages during pre-registration or at each tournament.

The Video Game tournament on 1 January 2014 will be played using Pokémon X or Pokémon Y. The tournament will be played as one division. The cost is $15 (paid during pre-reg or at the event) – each participant receives 1 booster pack and one Texas Marathon commemorative die. Prizes include:
1st: Pokémon 3DS (choice of red or blue)
2nd: Pokémon X or Pokémon Y
3rd: $25 Game Stop gift card
4th: $20 Game Stop gift card
NOTE: if attendance goes over 40 participants, prizing will be increased.

The Wacky Rules TCG Tournament requires participants to bring their own modified constructed deck of 60 cards. Each round a D-12 (12 sided die) will be rolled and one of 12 different rules will be enforced. (such as your active Pokémon is always confused or you must flip a coin and get heads for each action you want to perform) Rules change each round. Cost is $5 paid to Roll2Play. Additional packs (in the ratio of 1 pack/2 players) will be awarded as prizes.

Registration for each tournament will begin at 9:30 AM – with a tournament start time of 10:00 AM. Note: You must be in line by 9:50 am to avoid a round one loss.There will be a short lunch scheduled (approx 40 - 60 minutes) after round 3 each day so please plan accordingly.

Questions? Please contact Professor Christine's email.

Last edited:
You have until 21 Dec. to pre-register.

ALL players (jrs/srs/mas) who pre-register will be entered into a drawing for a $25 VISA card.

You have until 21 Dec. to pre-register.

ALL players (jrs/srs/mas) who pre-register will be entered into a drawing for a $25 VISA card.

I am unable to pre-register since I am new and do not have a player ID. If my intention is to attend the Coppell tournaments, which have a shorter registration time, what time should I be in line to avoid a round 1 forfeit?

Also, regarding TCG tournaments, my understanding is that the XY starter sets are legal. Am I correct in this understanding?
For the video game tournament, are we playing by VGC rules?

I am unable to pre-register since I am new and do not have a player ID. If my intention is to attend the Coppell tournaments, which have a shorter registration time, what time should I be in line to avoid a round 1 forfeit?

Also, regarding TCG tournaments, my understanding is that the XY starter sets are legal. Am I correct in this understanding?
For the video game tournament, are we playing by VGC rules?

You are correct!! XY starter sets are legal

For video game - again correct!! Current VGC rules. (same rules that will be used for Winter Regionals)

If you don't have a Player ID, please send me an email or PM. I can get this info to you before the pre-reg deadline to you're eligible for the $25 VISA raffle. If you'd rather just get your ID when you get to the tournament, please come between 9:30 am and 10:00 am. (10:00 - 10:30 am on 1 Jan)

The deadline for Pre-reg has been extended for another day. (possibly two) Have a Merry Christmas!! Then let's play Pokémon!!

Watauga - Winners:

JRS:
1st: Ian M
2nd: Jansen W
3rd: Greg F
4th: Vahid B

SRS:
1st: Wesley H
2nd: Emi R
3rd: Samantha N
4th: Alex S

MA:
1st: Chase M
2nd: Brandon S
3rd: Pearce B
4th: Austin R

Garland - Winners:

JRS:
1st: Sam M
2nd: Jansen W
3rd: Justin M
4th: Lex P

SRS:
1st: Alex S
2nd: Antonio B
3rd: Trevor L
4th: Keane H

MA:
1st: Jeremy J
2nd: Christopher S
3rd: John K
4th: Jonathan M

THANKS so much to all who played in the tournaments. See you in Fort Worth tomorrow!!

Back