Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Thank You to Everyone from Taylor and Poke_dad

Prof Clay

I am wish to express my thanks to everyone this weekend at World's. Taylor and I had a great time and what Pokemon-USA pulled off should make everyone who did not attend this year, find some way of going next year, just to say they went and participated in some way. The banners, the table cloths, the color coordinated ID tags...everything made this a special weekend.

Friday night we were expecting a "small" reception with some sandwiches and cokes and a few table. No one expected the Tiki / south american themed dinner that we got. Waiters in full dress, fountains, lights, servers carving turkey and roast beef, and deserts. Man that was impressive.

The Pokemon Rocks outside the hotel was so impressive too. Great photo ops for everyone

I went to support Taylor and ended up not playing very much, but boy did she and I both have a great time. I went thinking I would play and play and play, but I think I only got in 3 games. Too much worrying about my girl. Lemme tell you...its one thing to have stress while playing, its a whole different thing when its your kid playing and you cant help.

I guess 4th place in 10- is not too bad for a girl who managed to lose her deck Friday night. No..on second thought 4th is fabulous. She never expected to get anywhere close to that far and the 10- field was filled with as much tough competition as the others. Many many many thanks go out to Meganium45 and Newman for the assist in putting it back together. There is some slime out there who got a good selection of SwampertEX, Swanperts, Rare candies and other supporters. If you read this I hope you choke on them :mad: . Just want you to know you stole from a 10 year old girl and I hope your proud.

After some adversity in the semis, I was so proud of how Taylor got her self back together and managed to put up a decent fight against Akira in the consolation match for 3rd place. She lost, but from her face, you would never know it. She was smiling and even though they couldn't talk directly, you could tell she was having fun. (it was especially kind of funny when she corrected Akiras placement of his supporter at turns end once). Kids that age can be so resilient. After the awards ceremony Akira and his dad came over and Akira gave Taylor one of the green Rayquaza wristbands some of the Japanese players had and allowed her to chose a card straight out of his binder. That was awesome on their part.

To all the judges and Dave, you did a great job. I know that everyone was doing what they had to do and what a tough job that can be sometimes. I think Taylor learned alot Sunday, just a tough way to learn it.

Again..to all those who made everything work so fabulously...Thanks and we will do it again next year.

Poke_Dad

Your daughter was always laughing and having a great time playing, whenever Ives and myself weren't making jokes and doing dance contests. Farbsman (Derek) should have a video with both of us doing the robot online soon... but on topic, Taylor was a great kid!

That being said, it crushed my heart to be the berer of the aformentioned penalty. It should not have happened and I'm personally sorry that Taylor had to become an example for the judges involved and PUI to learn from. I already replied to a topic in the TCG Gossip forum regarding Judge's Intervention and the mistake made in the semi finals. Hopefully that will shed some light on what occured if you were not already approached by one of the staff members.

I hope you and your daughter have a great time with the game. See you at Worlds in 2005, if not earlier! :D
-Phil

I also feel very sorry for the situation, for one, I am sure I am noit so sure i would not change some things if i had all this repeated...

She is a great kid, and I hope to see you at worlds 2005 (the doubt is if they´ll invite me not if you will be going)

If you read this I hope you choke on them . Just want you to know you stole from a 10 year old girl and I hope your proud.

PokeDad-I know how you feel. It didnt happen at Worlds, but we had our digital camera stolen at an event before. I heard about a kids deck being stolen but I didnt know who it happened too.

My son played in the 10 and under and Taylor is a great competitor. Too bad we didnt meet. Congratulations!!

GymLeaderPhil said:
Your daughter was always laughing and having a great time playing, whenever Ives and myself weren't making jokes and doing dance contests. Farbsman (Derek) should have a video with both of us doing the robot online soon... but on topic, Taylor was a great kid!

That being said, it crushed my heart to be the berer of the aformentioned penalty. It should not have happened and I'm personally sorry that Taylor had to become an example for the judges involved and PUI to learn from. I already replied to a topic in the TCG Gossip forum regarding Judge's Intervention and the mistake made in the semi finals. Hopefully that will shed some light on what occured if you were not already approached by one of the staff members.

I hope you and your daughter have a great time with the game. See you at Worlds in 2005, if not earlier! :D
-Phil

Guys..you have nothing to apologize for, you were just following the guidelines that had been established earlier. My only real gripe would be the extreme severity of the penalty and you were not the ones who established that. Taylor and I have talked and she knows that she was at fault for not following the procedure and I will take as much blame off her as a possible because I should have taught her that particular step, but in casual and even local tournament play it is just never an issue here. Ahh..the things we learn the hard way

Poke_dad

One of my fondest memories of the competition will always be Taylor dancing across the winner's podiums on the main stage during the breaks between final rounds. I have never met a happier, more positive person.

While I am sure Taylor learned some lessons the hard way this weekend, she also taught many of us a few things too. I think her experience, however unpleasant, will ultimately have a very positive impact on the game we all love. She is a "class act" and so is her father. I look forward to seeing you both at Worlds 2005, if not sooner!

BDS

Congrats

Poke_dad,

Congratulations to Taylor. She beat my son Kyle in the Top 8 round, so we were really pulling for her to keep going. BTW, the Dragonite she was carrying around in the backpack was great!

I will post to congratulate Taylor (and Clay) also. They are a great Father-daughter team. We met them through the TN State and Gym Challenges in Nashville. Trust me, there is no tougher competition in 10- this year than in the TN States. Can't wait to meet up with you all again in the future.

Keith

Clay you dont know how proud i am of that little girl of yours. Taylor is just such a great competitor and loves to have fun in her matches that she just brings a smile to my face. its so great to watch her in her matches because even when shes down, she is still smiling and laughing. she took the punishment well and shall i say much better than i did. when i found out that she got a game lose i was so p.o'ed that i slammed my fist into the wall. that really shows how mature i am huh?? anyways again i would lke to congradulate Taylor on her acheivment and glad to know that she did great and represented TN very well. she represented better than i did that for sure lol. well i guess the next time i will see you two will probably City Championship because i wont be able to make it to the prerelease this weekend. thats all from me.

~ultimate_healer

Back