Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Ash Ketchum Theory

Poke Trainer J

Some anonymous person (whose a Psychology major in college) gave this guy (Shiny Espeon) an explanation of the Pokemon world, here's the theory he made, reader's descretion is advised:

http://pkmn-source.net/forums/showthread.php?p=82138

I gotta admit this is the creepiest theory about the Pokemon Anime I've ever heard, I also don't think this is how Satoshi Tajiri the original creator of the Pokemon Anime series intended the storyline to flow, Ash being in a coma about traveling around the world and learning things about Pokemon is the worst thing I've ever heard.

The anime itself is already too good to think that it was all make believe from someone's imagination. I mean it's Pokemon for crying out loud everything in that series is actually taking place the way the creator (Satoshi himself not Ash) including GAME FREAK intended, it isn't like in The Matrix trilogy where Neo is still asleep fighting bad guys then he wakes up only to find out his world isn't what it seems.

I seriously think that whoever made that theory just had way too much time on their hands and is assuming that everything Ash and his friends accomplished in the Pokemon Anime was all for nothing. Everything that took place in Pokemon actually happened in the series itself except for the dream sequences that Ash, Brock, and Dawn had when they were asleep from Mismagius's powers in Diamond & Pearl.

Team Rocket Meowth's fantasies are fictional still as well, but like I said before some guy just made a theory and that's all it was it wasn't true at all but it almost makes you believe it is for a moment though. Don't get me started about how in the Japanese version of the Pokemon Anime Satoshi (the creator of the series) named the main character as himself but we all know the main character of the series as Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town with his trusty sidekick Pikachu.

Again, very creepy theory, almost scared the heck out of me...

Last edited:
I like it, a lot. But then, I also like sitting around and wondering if there would be any way to tell if my whole world is just a coma dream. What if we're all just each other's coma dreams?

:)

Too much time on his hands, but very creative.

I dunno about creepy, but it does explain quite a bit of stuff if you like a real-world comparrison.

That's more an analysis of the author's mind rather than a theory about Ash Ketchum. With the pokemon anime, what you see is what's really happening but the world as it is, has been created by Satoshi Tajiri.

What do you mean by "but the world as it is?" for a moment there I thought you were suggesting that Ash Ketchum (Satoshi in Japan) really was in a coma and that everything he was accomplishing in his Pokemon Journey didn't happen? o_0

Everything that has or is happening with Ash and his friends actually did happen in the series, otherwise there would be alot of ruined childhoods from kids watching Pokemon imagine the traumatization it wouldn't be pretty.

It would've been as bad as that time 10 years ago when some Japanese kids got seizures watching an episode of Pokemon with flashing lights. Good thing 4Kids banned that episode otherwise, well you get the picture...

The characters are living a real adventure and Ash is not dreaming about it. The author who has created this stuff is the one that can be analysed and some parts in the analysis relate to the author.

I really enjoyed it. It was honestly a good read. I dont think that is remotely relateable to the Pokemon anime....but it works as a good exuse to why the show is sooo bad now =p

The show itself is still pretty decent to watch, I still enjoy watching it at least. If you ignore the recycled plot devices of the series including Team Rocket's continuous antics and mainly watch the series just for Ash's adventures, the Pokemon battles, contests, and gym battles then it's a great anime.

The Pokemon movies are almost as good as the DBZ movies IMO, at least not as crappy as the Naruto and Bleach movies ugh, just terrible... -____-

What a waste of my time. =\

Talk about apologetic! This 'analysis' is absolutely stupid and people both here and there are overrating it. How difficult is it to compare 'minor' characters with barely a one-dimensional personality to the main character, one who is the most developed? Come on...all he had to do was use that dumb thunder event to justify his idea and then started connecting characters to Ash with silly words and phrases that he only loosely defined. Is it really that difficult to compare and contrast any two characters, especially when one is much more developed thereby meaning he has much more in common with alot more people? No. It's ridiculously simple. It was FUN to read until he got to James and Paul. Then you started to see how desperate his logic got, and at that point he should've taken the "insufficient analysis" label instead of making it obvious he's pulling all of this out of his behind.

Freud would be proud. Every other sentence must have been about Satoshi's repressed sexuality.

Let this be a lesson, boys and girls, psych degrees are worthless.

I heard that the next Japanese episode features Bobby Ewing. (10 cool points to anyone that gets the joke without having to Google for it.)

Anyway, even Freud said "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". Somebody spent waaaaaaay too much time reading between the lines.

If we were working with an actual timeline, where the characters actually age in something like a reasonable manner, then yes it would make sense. By my calculations, Ash would be something like 14-16 in the DP series. Even if he were 12-14, it might still make sense. However, Ash is still 10 years old.

This is what happens if you watch to much higurashi I guess xD
On the one hand side, misty is his "love interest" but on the other hand side hes homosexual :confused:

Back