Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Bush Bounce...

RaNd0m

FINALLY, this election has moved from being knotted up to Bush with a solid lead. According to both a TIME magazine poll and a Newsweek poll, Bush is up 52-41. Thoughts?

What do you think caused the lead? And which speech? I was thinking that Rudy Giulani's speech was the best out of all of them... Zell Miller's was certainly the most pointed... but I wasn't all that impressed with the President's speech. Nor was I impressed with Cheney's. So do you think the negativity towards Kerry has worked?

~ RaNd0m

Last edited:
It was obv. the Bush twins....

I dunno, Zell Miller's speach was impressive. I too didn't think much of the Presdent's speach.

I dunno..... As much as I'd like to see Bush edge out over Kerry, I can never trust polls because they fluctuate so much between days and polltakers. I've seen a poll in the SF Chronicle that says Kerry leads Bush 53 to 38, so... [shrugs]

I personally think it was the "economic girly man" that got Bush the points...

It'll be gone in two weeks, tops. Give one side near undivided attention, and this is what happens.

"I personally think it was the "economic girly man" that got Bush the points..."

And Republicans wonder why they have trouble with the female vote... ;)

By the way, it's unlikely Bush will be "misunderestimated" this time around, since it's so hard to underestimate him in the first place. ;)

Mmmk, Yoshi. With the female vote 46/54 against the republicans, I wouldn't call that trouble. I would call that America.

Bush will not win by ANY wide margin. However, he will win, even if his leg is blown off in the crossfire.

I wouldn't trust a poll in any case, regardless of which side the results benefit.

Yeah, I think Bush will win. Conspiracy theories aside, if anyone wins the election for Bush, it'll be Kerry, with his lackluster campaign, and inability to match the mudslinging tactics Bush's side employs.

Kerry tossed a few medals in protest, but the man currently running our country is a recovering alcoholic cokehead. I fail to see how Bush has a leg to stand on.

And Zell isn't being called a flip-flopper, because that only applies if you disagree with Bush. In any case, that man is insane. That thing with Chris Matthews was just incredibly... odd. I can't find a better term for it.

Last edited:
Well, it's obviously a fluctuation caused by the convention. Sorry to the dems out there, Bush will probably win. Kerry can't keep up when he constantly has to defend himself from all of the mudslinging (I wonder why the democrats are never as dirty in their campaigning).

But there was no bounce after the Democratic convention, yet there was after this one.

Also, I don't think Zell "flip-flopped"... I think he's just been in the wrong party this entire time. He delivered the keynote address in 1992 at the DNC because he thought that Clinton was going to bring the party to the center, and in Zell's mind "he didn't". Zell is just a conservative democrat.

I don't know, it was the most riveting speech at the entire convention. But before all politicians were politically correct, that was how MOST speeches were. It was almost a breath of fresh air to see a politician engaged in what he was talking about.

~ RaNd0m

Bush

Bush came to my school and it WOULD'VE been great. Some little girl asked him if he like broccolli he said no. I raised my hand and was gonna ask "Do you like pretzels?"

two polls dont secure a presidency. if you remember your history, the chicago daily tribune declared "dewey defeats truman" as its front page headline when they thought harry truman lost the 1948 election to thomas dewey. in fact, truman had the support of only 15% of american newspapers. i would hardly declare polls and the media as fair judges of what the people think. they are almost always skewed to give a certain perspective. the only numbers that matter are the ones in november.

You're right. Democrats don't, and won't, strike back as hard as they should. They've got a LOT of material to go on, too. Attacking Kerry's military service is despicable. He opposed a war he still fought in, while Bush chose to have an easy exit in the form of the Texas Air National Guard. Bush and Cheney have both had DUIs in quantity, Bush's problem with "sugar", there are plenty of ripe scandals that the Democrats could fire back with.

... It's one thing to take the moral high road, it's quite another to do so when the future of the entire world is at stake.

Because of this, regardless of poll manipulation, voter intimidation, disenfranchisement, or anything else, Bush will win. Simply because the other side doesn't stoop that low when they should.

Nope it could be 99 to 1 in Kerry's favor not likely but anythings possible.Did you hear Kerry's speach when Republicans attacked?I could put it up if you wanted me to...IT will transfer a lot of people from the Bush side to the Kerry side.

Ancient Pokemon Trainer said:
Nope it could be 99 to 1 in Kerry's favor not likely but anythings possible.Did you hear Kerry's speach when Republicans attacked?I could put it up if you wanted me to...IT will transfer a lot of people from the Bush side to the Kerry side.
Please do. Goddish knows that Bush shouldn't win after the disaster that was his first—hopefully last as well—term.

Don't worry, everyone, the votes could go 99:1 in Kerry's favour and Bush would still win.

Back