Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Champ Is Here!(MA State Championship 15+)

gdog121

Hey sup. This is Gino R. from Rhode Island. This is my tournament report. From March 11th MA State Championship. Heres my deck/Tourney Report/Props/Slops
===============================================================================
Pokemon [ 21 ]
4x Nidoran
3x Nidorina
4x Nidoqueen
3x Pidgey
2x Pidgeotto
3x Pidgeot
1x Feebas
1x Milotic
Trainers [ 24 ]
4x Celios Network
4x Rare Candy
3x Stevens Advice
3x Great Ball
3x Copycat
2x Desert Ruins
2x Rockets Admin
1x Magnetic Storm
1x ATM [ Rock ]
1x Mr. Brineys Compassion
Energys [ 15 ]
6x Grass
4x Double Rainbow
3x Heal
2x Fighting
====================================================================
Round 1- ( Metagross, Electrode ex )
Wow the same deck i lost to at Rhode Island States in the finals. I lost at my own hometown but its all good. But facing the exact same list because nick let the kid borrow his deck was not good but my tweaks over the week were good. In this match i get what i wish i had at RI states. I pulled T1 Queen toxic on him. By Late game i had 2-3 Queens and 1x Pidgeot and i think a Milotic. He got set up and drew 1 prize the whole game. But my Queens Ganged em out.
1-0
====================================================================
Round 2- ( Medicham ex, Vaporeon ex )
O my god. I beat Andrew at RI state championship 1 win in the tourney and twice in top 4. But this is MA and his deck is tweaked and 10x better. I was losing pretty bad. I locked a ruins + Toxic and i also had 6x prizes and he had 1x prize. I saw BJJ763 come by and nod his head like wow im getting whooped. He comes back over and hes in shock as he sees me win and shake andrews hand. I was losing by 5 prizes.
Well i guess its true. It aint over till Jigglypuff sings.
2-0
========================================================================
Round 3- ( Tyhplosion )
Well this match i was winning decently until i decide to Play milotic to heal 1x damage off nidoqueen. I dont know it was so dumb. I knew i had a 4 prize lead. But still he started to catch up. But i weakened him and did a ATM [ Rock ] for the win. Good Game
3-0
==========================================================================
Round 4- ( Tyranitar delta , Macargo, Steelix ex )
Well he gets set-up decently. On my side im in a heap of trouble. Well to uncount my horrible start and my comeback. He had 1 prize and i had 2. Then suprisinly time gets called. And if their was alittle more time i would have won. Because he showed me his deck. Wow it has no energys left in it. GG anyway
3-1
=============================================================================
Round 5- ( Machamp )
Well if it isnt the person i meet to the finals. And the next CT state champ.
He gets set-up full potential. And i get set-up with 1x queen and 1x pidgeotto and 1x milotic. O well hes only swining for 120 a turn due to 3x reacts. And i finally kill his machamp. Lol Electrode ex blows up more reacts and hes got me in lock-down Good game
3-2
=============================================================================
Round 6- ( Gengar )
This one is winner of this is in TOP 8. Well heres my exact start. 2x Pidgey, 1x Feebas, 1x Brineys Compassion, 1x pidgeotto, 1x grass energy,1x Nidoqueen. Well hes pounding me. He has 4 prizes drawn he asks bjj the time left. Its 15 minutes left. I have pidgeotto active and nothing benched. In this match i only had the pidgeotto active. Hes sitten their with haunter. With 1x P and 1x React on it. I have 2 damage on me pidgeotto active He copycats for 5x cards. If he gets a gengar its game and seeing he attached a P energy before he copycatted to make him have 3x energy. Wow he didnt get it and i need to make the biggest top deck of my life to make this happen. I finally get a draw power card outta my 15-22 draw cards. Its the best one i could ask for. I copycat for 8 cards. I get pidgeot. And magically i get a nidoran, rare candy, nidoqueen, And grass energy with the copycat plus pidgeot. HOLY CRAP! Then its Quick search more nidoqueens ready and retreat bring up a queen and you know the drill. ( PS i really did luck this match, but hey can't you doubt my skill and my comeback )
4-2
================================================================================
Top 8
Ben K. ( Metatrode ) Vs. Dave C. ( Nintales Varient )///////=Winner~Dave C.
Me ( Queendom ) Vs Chris ( Queendom )///////=Winner~Me
Steven ( Ttar delta, Macargo, Steelix ex ) Vs. ???? ( Golem )///////=Winner~Steven
Brian J. ( Machamp ) Vs. Andrew C. ( Medicham ex w/ vaporeon ex )////////=Winner~Brian J.
Top 4
Dave C. ( Nintales Variet ) Vs. Brian J. ( Machamp )////////=Winner~Machamp
Me ( Queendom ) Vs. Steven ( Ttar delta, Macargo, Steelix ex )////////=Winner~Queendom
Top 2
Me ( Queendom ) Vs. Brian J. ( Machamp )
It was very intense matches. He gets bad start the first game. So turn 1 Nidoqueen owns bad start.
1-0
He got machamp doing 100 T3. I get a bad start 2nd game. And getting 100 to me is hard to come back but i almost did. I needed to do 100 damage with a Queen seeing my last one died doing toxic. Well long story short i have 5 evos out. 1-Active,4x Bench. I have candy and queen in my hand. I use quick search to grab a basic. I cant beleive it this is a first. One of my nidorans is PRIZED. OMG! Looks like my power play got dismissed. I stood their for 2-3 minutes thinking of another way to comeback. But i couldn't. And seeing unlimited timing i took my time. Plus i said see u in hell Milotic when i switch him active for brians last prize.
1-1
Here it is the last match. And im going nuts and so is the 10-20 people around us. They wanna see a winner. Because are matches took like 20-40 minutes a pop and their getting anxious to see who comes out overall. Queendom or Machamp? Well this match we both get great starts. I had him to 4x prizes. And i had 1x Prize left. And everyone was going nuts of the misplay i made. I anceint technical machined rocked a Pokemon with no damage for my last prize. I did it just to get rid of 2x rare candy pokemon. I should have hit him with damage as much as i could then rocked him. It was the dumbest misplay of all time. Just like earlier when i did heal shower for 1x damage counter. I guess the 2 and a half hours of sleep i got that night really can affect your A-game. Well hes about to deck out. And he has 6x card hand no cards left in his deck. He plays admin to shuffle and draw 4x cards that i think. Apares to me u may Draw. Omg he stalls more turns. LOL He ends it with Tvr reporter. discards a card. Plays jirachi [dx] on the bench and retreats with pidgeot. And brings jirachi up and do a wish for his last card. and Then he blows up a trode for a fun hiloirous good ending./ Good game brian
2-1 ( Gino Rotondo is the new MA State Champion )
Props
To POP for the awsome trophy and prizes
People Cheering me on and staying by me and wanting me to win.
Brian Jessing for doing what me and him talked about being top 2 and one of us has never been state champ before so if we were top 2 one would be state champ.
Myself and God for all the luck i had that day with T1 Pidgeots and queens or even nidrina with dre. :)
Josh and Rican for coming with me to MA. ( Josh for driving me ) ( Rican for watching my matches even though u were past out on the tables with your head down sleeping, but it still looked like you were paying attention)
Steven for the Screaming when i pulled T1 pidgeot on him and T1 nidorina on him with dre ( He admined me but i got great ball rare candy and celios so lol. He screamed like 3 times mad loud and i got 2 hours of sleep that night so thanks for the wake up call. :)
Luma dude for trading me the 1x pidgeot i needed. But i traded him a mew ex but i didnt care.
Brian for awsome judging of 15+ ( U should be a worlds judge )
Slops
Buying a box of pizza and only having time for one slice and my boyz ate the rest.
Being alittle late
John blaze trading a pidgeot when i needed it ( But he didnt know i was attending )
Having to write this Tournament Report :)
IM OUT! ( Im city champion and State Champion ) This is awsome.

Great report Gino, and Congratulations on winning! Well done! (from the mean lady who wouldn't trade you any Pidgeots in RI!)

Nice report man, those were some great matchs. Congrats on winning, thanks for saying I've already won CT, won't be that easy, but hopefully with you and Nick out of the way, it will be easier.

Oh, I see how it is. I help you with the list with suggestions and I get no props? Bad move Gino :nonono:

GAME OVER MAN, GAME OOOOVER.

Gino,
I never believebd it but you won the state championship. You are the man and now u can sit in the spotlight and smile about it. I cantw iat to see how u do in mats and i should bring my boombox just so i can play the cena theme behind you as u come into the hall on nationals day :lol:

Good luck at nats if i dont go and ill see ya at regionals with hopefully a deck to topple the queen.

Back