Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Clone Wars

Red5bv06

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
Well, since there isn't a thread devoted specifically for this, I decided to start one on the Clone Wars cartoon series on Cartoon Network. (Feel free to lock this if you feel its redundant.)

Did anyone else see chapter 1?
How do you like the 5 min thing?

I saw it and thought it was put together well. Good action and plot summary of episode II at the beginning, and already developing some of the themes/main points of this cartoon series.
I don't mind the 5 minute thing (5 min. x 20 chapters = 1:40 = perfect time for TV movie). They'll all be showed at once in a movie version at the end, and the DVD will have them all edited together nicely, so I'm not worried. (I'll also have my taped VHS copy to accompany it, hehe.) The only thing I don't like is 10 now and 10 in March. I'll undoubtedly lose my Clone Wars tape before then, better put it in a safe place.

SPOILERS (Highlight)

I liked the early mention of Anakin's exceptional powers, and the demonstration of the power Palpatine has over the Jedi already. The action was great, with the Jedi tearing up those Seperatists. I loved the music and the nice flowing, made it feel more like the movies. Also, the wistful Anakin/Padme scene does a better job at highlighting there true love for each other than the bland dialogue of episode II.

Well, like to hear others thoughts.

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty good. Star Wars animated is pretty cool. My only problem is that they showed about half the clips in the commercials for the last month. When it ended I was thinking, but I already saw all that?

Here's what I said in another thread about the Clone Wars:

Yuck. I just watched Clone Wars and I thought it was absolutely horrible! It's hard to explain on what I thought of it, but I feel they should have never done it like this. It takes out the whole feeling of the real movies IMO. I practically laughed off my head when Anakin looked at Padame through the ship window. First off, Padame didn't look like how she really does and they made the scene seem too serious.

Like I said, it is hard to explain why I thought it was bad. It just seemed weird to me.

Bah! It felt more like I was begging George Lucas for his table scraps. I'll wait until they decide to make it into something that is actually worth watching.

OVERHYPED, OVERRATED and WAY "underdone"!

A very big "dissapointment!" At least Pokemon: TFM wasn't!

With all the technology George Lucas has as his disposal, I expected MUCH better animation as well.

Grade: D

Skywolf1

Lucas has more airtime showing his commercials for Clone War action figures and the actual commercials for the Clone War series than the length of each chapter. At least those with short attention spans will enjoy it, cant say much for those with long term memory loss.
-Phil

Actually, it wasn't George Lucas who made the cartoon. It was that Gendy Tartakavosky (sp?) guy, the one who makes Dexter's Lab and many other cartoons on Cartoon Network that developed the cartoon.

Either way, I still think that it all sucked.

I liked the animation. Stylish.

The only thing that really disappointed me was that it was only five minutes long. "Okay, we're gunna develop the story a little, AND THEN STOP."

Unfortunately, I missed tonight's episode.

I know the 5 min. thing is gonna be a big point of contention, but when you look at it as a whole, I'm sure it won't be that bad.

The show itself is good though, the emotion and facial expressions in the characters are impressive. I enjoy the animation.
The voices are very close to the original actors, and make use of the short time they have.
As someone mentioned, Lucas had no part in this, he just approved the scripts after they were done.
And the guy who made it, Tartoskovsky or whatever, is the guy who does Samuri Jack and the like, and I think it shows, in a good way.

I did feel like I was "begging for scraps", but I think you guys should look past the time span and give it a chance [;)]

oh, and for the ones "wanting more", there are rumors of another series after episode 3 comes out, either cartoon OR live-action, interesting.

wah! I knew I meant to ask my mum to do something for me the other night, since it started yesterday here...
Oh well. Actually thought it looked pretty rubbish *shockhorror* so.. I'll d/l them or rent the DVD, maybe. I'm just not a Clone Wars fan (NJO > prequels)

Actually I do like the style. I am SO GLAD they kept the orchestral music.
I enjoy Samurai Jack so no problem.
Considering it is a cartoon, the angles, the movement, quite sylized and Star Wars-esque

Just that it is not 5min, ONLY if you include the Intro - Brief Review - clip - Preview lol

I am a Star Wars sucker , so I would not grade it that low *whoa marsh*

Just watched th second "episode" and I think this "series" really bit the big one. unless they put all the episodes together in the end, continue the series and put it on a regular block, it's just not gonna keep peoples interest. That's my 2 cents.
-Swampert

The thing is, you know going into it in advance that they've only got 5min to cram everything into each installment. I wasn't expecting too much, so to be honest I'm not too disappointed.

Having said that, I've watched the three episodes broadcast so far, and here are my opinions:
  • Ep.1 - This was intended to setup the basic storyline and introduction. I thought they did a pretty good job of that, but still wanted a bit more depth.
  • Ep.2 - I got my wish! More depth of character and the beginning of an actual plot! Yay! :)
  • Ep.3 - Fighting, shooting, blowing stuff up; that's all! Not bad, but I am a little disappointed, I'm afraid. :(
So I can see that this series is going to have some ups & downs to it. I'm taping them all together so I can watch it in a continuous sequence. We'll see if it holds up better after it's all done.

Later,
- CHRISBO

I think that they already made the entire series and just cut it up into 5 minute installments, instead of showing it all at once which they will probably do when it is all over. Either way, I still hate what I have seen so far.

Its not bad, its not good, its just somewhere in the middle....... my opinion.

As far as 5 minute episodes, they are really only 3 minutes. so for 20 episodes, we get a whooping 2hours of story, very thinly spread out. Since it airs at 7pm/c their is other tv programming I would rather watch usually, but I dont mind missing the first few minutes, nothing really ever happens in the first few minuites anyways....

the animation is ok, I am not big on this style, but it isnt bad, it is just the style I dont like.

Cant wait til they air them all together, will prolly do better that way anyways.

And according to last Fri USA Today, they coulda just been 1 minute segments, so lets just be thankful for that at least. Its just something to quench our SW fever til the 3rd movie (or 6th, however you want to look at it) comes out.

(edit) I just found a listing on Nov 21, 6:30pm central time for chapters 1-5, and chapters 6-10 will air at 8:30pm the same night (also central time)

Last edited:
Back