Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Copy Deck (Unlimited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkates

A fun deck that just might have potential...

Pokemon (15):
4 Clefairy (Base)
3 Clefable (Jungle)
2 Cleffa (Genesis)
4 Ditto (Fossil)
2 Tyrogue (Discovery)

Trainers (30):
4 Sabrina's Psychic Control
2 Copycat
2 Switch
2 Gust of Wind
3 Computer Search
3 Item Finder
3 Chaos Gym
4 Power Charge
3 Professor Oak
1 Town Volunteers
3 Super Energy Removal

Energy (15):
4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Recycle Energy
4 Warp Energy
3 Potion Energy

Strategy: OK, this deck's wierd in one main way. Other than Tyrogue, this deck has absolutely no offensive abilities of its own! It's entirely built around copying my opponent's strategy. Clefairy, Clefable and Ditto all copy opponents' attacks, Ditto copies Pokemon Powers, Copycat copies their hand size, and Sabrina's Psychic Control copies their Trainers. The Chaos Gyms are gymbreakers and add another Trainer-copying ability -- actually, I'm using the Trainer itself, but still.

Last edited:
one small suggestion:

-2 Ditto (Fossil)
+2 Ditto (Skyridge)

with the skyridge ditto, any and all energy attached to it counts as ALL types of Basic Energy. That way, you can use Copy and use ur opponents attacks against them.

Only thing is, SK Ditto's Power only applies to BASIC Energy... Fossil Ditto can re-color DCE. Still, if I do that, and I might, I'd also drop the Warp and Potion Energies for a bunch of Lightning Energy (so I could benefit from an opponent's R. Zapdos). Considering I never really built this deck...

Last edited:
Huh? Why also give my opponent the Switch/Gust effect by using Double Gust/Warp Point? Erika's interesting, but I've never played it before (may have something to do with the fact that I don't own the real card...).

I admire trying to go with a "Copy" theme... But there are a few "Copy" elements that I don't think fit the deck quite as well as other things...

For example. Clefable/Recyle Energy/SER are meant to be VIOLENTLY abused. 4 ER/SER, 4 Item Finder are best to your advantage.

Also, Neo Gen Gligar does WONDERS for this deck. Gets rid of all those nasty fighting weaknesses.

ALSO, keep in mind, this is Unlimited, Pichu and/or Muk are CONSTANTLY hounding you. If not, it's slowking. So at least watch those Ditto VERY carefully.

Up the GOW count to three.

And with all this, I'd advise dropping the Chaos Gym in favor of something else. The idea of Clefable is being able to play off the opponent lickity-split, without much warning. Back in the day when Rocket's Zapdos was popular, GOWing up one of those and hitting it for an effortless 70 just like that was the ideal sort of thing. Same for Sneasel, heavy hitters, etc. KEEP their energy BACK, and take out WHAT they have WHILE trying to power up. IF done right, this is effective and VERY leathel. Although to DO such a thing right, the ENTIRE deck would have to be completely focused on energy denial, among other things.

In fact, if you want, I have a 'fable deck I played a while back... VERY teched, but when played right VERY frustrating. Managed to take 1st 2 or 3 times, I believe. The only reason I don't post it specifically is because it doesn't QUITE follow the "Copy" theme. If you'd prefer just to follow the copy theme, just some of the general advise up top would be advised.

Interesting deck.

Here's the new version. It's only missing anti-Fable tech.

Pokemon (15):
4 Clefairy (Base)
3 Clefable (Jungle)
4 Ditto (Fossil)
2 Cleffa (Genesis)
2 Tyrogue (Discovery)

Trainers (30):
4 Super Energy Removal
1 Town Volunteers
3 Professor Oak
3 Power Charge
4 Item Finder
3 Computer Search
4 Gust of Wind
2 Switch
2 Copycat
4 Energy Removal

Energy (15):
4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Recycle Energy
7 Lightning Energy

Note: I played this deck on Apprentice against MHZ. Our connection was interrupted early, when there had only been one prize taken (by MHZ), mainly because he had Gligar. This deck still has yet to go through a full match!

[EDIT]I just came up with a crazy idea for anti-Fable -- Chansey! Think about it. Double Edge, Metronomed by Fable, does 80 to Chansey, which Chansey can take, and 80 to Fable, which Fable can't take. If they don't do Double Edge, I will, with the same result. I'm also considering Unown N, which tones down opponents' Clefables and supports Chansey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back