Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The deck wot I made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flippin treeko

I took this deck to the UK SEChallenge event at the weekend and whent W-4 L-3. It was my first OP tournament and I was quite pleased with the way it worked (I did deck myself in one match by not playing a desert shaman oh the shame!). The volbeat illumise team bought me some time but never produced the damage I hoped for. So I tweaked it when I got back.

Pokes :

2 houndour (Roar)
1 houndour (faint attack)
2 houndoom (lonely fang)
3 skitty
2 delcatty (energy draw)
2 volbeat
2 illumise
1 seviper
2 Sneasel ex

(17)

Energy :

4 dark
2 rainbow
1 multi
10 grass

(17)

Trainers :

4 Mr Briney
3 S-Scoop up
2 Warp point
4 desert shaman
2 professor elm
2 PFC
2 Lanette
2 ERC
1 Town vol.
1 fisherman
1 Relic hunter
1 LP system
1 Apricorn forest

Having then played a "proper" few games and finding I was always losing the one poke I had powered and waiting around until I could get the next one up I made it

Pokes : (14)

2 houndour (Roar)
1 houndour (faint attack)
2 houndoom (lonely fang)
3 skitty
2 delcatty (energy draw)
2 roselia
2 Sneasel ex

Energy : (22)

4 Dark
4 Rainbow
1 Multi
13 Grass

Trainers :

4 Mr Briney
3 S-Scoop up
2 Warp point
4 desert shaman
2 professor elms training
2 PFC
2 Lanette
3 ERS
1 Town vol.
1 fisherman

Now am I right in thinking that spec. conditions are next to useless for most of a MF game? they only make the difference late game when WP's and switches are all out no? Also, the whole impetus of your tactics are get the big hitters stage 2's out and batter away?
Since I like the ebb and flow tactic of loading your bench for sneasel-ex and taking them off for houndooms lonely fang (the look on their faces when you hit 'em for 110 with no flip is great), is there any way I could tweak this to power up faster than using 3 G energy placement at the cost of taking the prize hit for Roselia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back