Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The first kingdra ex deck that works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dro~

I'm reposting my deck since the original one went all the way to page 3. Here's the updated verion

19 pokemon
==========
4 horsea (2 DR uncommon, *2 common AQ reverse thrust*)
3 seadra (2 water arrow, 1 waterfall)
2 kingdra ex
1 kingdra (AQ)

3 nincada (double scratch)
2 ninjask
1 shedinja

2 meditite
1 jynx AQ

17 energy
========
10 water
3 boost
2 rainbow
2 multi

24 trainers
========
2 energy switch (important)
2 crystal shard
2 pokemon nurse
2 potion
2 moo moo milk
3 copy cat
2 oak's research
2 TV reporter
3 switch
2 strength charm/WALLY'S TRAINING??
1 town volunteers
1 low pressure system

Meditite and jynx along with energy switch (or AQ kingdra's power) are to surprise the opponent. Their meditate attacks only need 2 energy to power up. Meditite is useful against ampharos ex and jynx is useful against wob and gardevoir. Ninjask can do 60 to gardevoir ex (or sceptile ex from the future set) so that next turn meditite/jynx can use meditate for a surprised ko. Crystal shard not only is useful against dragons but is also good against pokemon with water resistance (sceptile). I heard that SR ditto is good and I also see its potential, do you think I should take out a nincada for a single ditto?

Last edited:
19 pokemon
==========
4 horsea (common AQ reverse thrust)
4 seadra (waterfall)
3 kingdra ex
2 kingdra (AQ)
2 nincada (double scratch)
2 shedinja
2 meditite

17 energy
========
10 water
3 boost
4 multi

23 trainers
========
2 energy switch
2 crystal shard
4 pokemon nurse
3 copy cat
2 oak's research
2 oracle
3 switch
3 potion
1 town volunteers
2 low pressure system

sorry, trainers should be 24.

Thanks for the fix but why is the waterfall seadra better? I like the water arrow one because when you face an active wobbuffet, you can still attack the bench with water arrow. I know water fall does 40 damage but the water arrow seadra can also do 40 damage when kingdra ex has 2 water.

Why is oracle good?

ok, I'll try out oracle. Hopefully my opponent wouldn't play desert shaman after the turn I play oracle.

Dro~ said:
ok, I'll try out oracle. Hopefully my opponent wouldn't play desert shaman after the turn I play oracle.
its happen to me but anyways y dont u try biirch instead of copycat
just a thought

o if u play oracle take this for instance ok u oracle then if u have birch wit a loww hand let say u have 3 cards in hand so that means u goet towo darw 3 the nesxt turn right? ok u pick yup the catrd u need pluss more so thatas the way i think should drop the cat for professer birch thats my iopinio do u wat ya want.

~rachel

Last edited:
I can't see it happening. I've been playtesting Kingdra-EX variants versus Aphy-EX variants.

For a start, you are on the backfoot as Amphy-EX easily combines with Psychic, which is great on two accounts. Firstly, LCC can be easily obtained after Wynaut's been smiling for two turns, via Amphy-Expedition. Move all the energy, attach L and you're off. Second point is that Wynaut is the best way of getting evolutions out in the current game, period. It's a quick search and you just evolve it up to Wobbuffet when they inevitably play their own EX Pokémon. If they don't play anything as powerful as the EX-Poké, you win anyway as your Poké are stronger and have more damaging moves.

Amphy-EX is so easy to combine with Switch and Nurse. Okay, you play a Multi and evolve to Seadra, doing 30? to w/e Amphy evo is on the bench. It's simply not enough to use Meditite on... PLUS you'll have to shift the energy w/Kingdra-AQ... AND you'll have all the other cards in the way in your deck. Meanwhile, they will easily have two Amphy in play by that stage, plus a Wobbuffet? So a Psychic Poké cleans up after you've lost quite a few energy and the only thing that you have to attack with is the Kingdra-EX, but once they have 3 Energy in play they can switch out for the Amphy-Expedition and whack you for 160 with its attack. So, you lose all your energy and Kingdra-EX as well as that Meditite from earlier when Wobbuffet gets it at some point, and they have an Amphy staring at your bench w/more capability for recovering than you. Just doesn't work at all, Amphy-EX is just faster and we haven't even MENTIONED the fact that they can play the same trick as you can, with Pokémon Nurse. Oh look, Meditite is staring at Amphy-EX with 3 energy and zero damage now. gg.

Kingdra-EX needs something else in the game to beat Amphy. Tyrogue-Focus Band? Come back, all is forgiven...

~fK

WHY are you playing ENERGY SWITCH with AQ Kingdra?
And only ONE Kingdra-AQ?

You also have NO way of getting basics out apart from random draw.
You need to Max out on Nurse.
And a low pressure system instead of a High Pressure one?
That's insane.

~fK =|

I have one AQ kingdra because I don't want to rely on its power heavily to switch energy around and energy switch can give me an instant effect if I don't have kingdra AQ in play. If I drop energy switch, should I put in desert shamen to screw up wynaut? Should I run wynaut myself? I know kingdra ex doesn't really stand a chance against amphy but at least I can get 2 prizes by beating amphy with meditite. I just need to use boost energy and do 50 to amphy and next turn I can use meditite as a surprise.

Why would you want to switch energy before Kingdra AQ is in play?

You have two slots for Energy Switch. You would really want to have maybe three+ energy to shift around with this deck. If you are just placing one energy down and THEN wanting to shift it to another Pokemon immediately, well that's silly (I'm sure you're not one to do this)...

...and if you haven't gotten out a Kingdra-AQ by the fourth turn or so, then your deck won't work consistently so you really need to use the spaces you have not to accomodate not having that AQ kingdra out, but by GETTING it out... so you need the extra Kingdra AQ or else you'll be losing Energy left, right and centre while you are retreating, etc.

Desert Shaman to screw up Wynaut... okay, Wynaut is out first turn, second maybe? That then gives them 5 cards as opposed to your 4- cards after you play the Shaman. So they use Wynaut's smile again... you've shot yourself then in the foot and are behind. The last thing you want with a Stage 2 deck like your Kingdra here is to shrink your hand.. and early on too. So, they have Wynaut, and they see you have no way of getting your evolutions out... they're really in a much better position, so not a very good move at all.

Run Wynaut yourself... it's a Psychic, you'll need seven+ spaces for Psychic alone... think about that. Rainbow and Multi MAYBE but you'd rather have 8+ cards in there instead for actually finding your evos and basics with Trainers, or extra shuffling... you can't splash psychic in this deck I don't think.

Meditite is no surprise. It's two turns. Oh, okay, you have the Energy switch... all a bit circumstantial, no? IF you have the Meditite at the RIGHT time AND Boost Energy, and IF you have managed to do 50 damage on the Amphy... all your Energy would have gone from your Kingdra being KOed... this is something that COULD take place by the sixth turn of the match or so, and by then they won't be worried, they'll have another Amphy on the deck to clear up the mess.

This deck doesn't work... yet...

~fK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back