Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The FL Marathon Thread

Ignatious

So far 2 Durant decks have won, and a Landorus based deck won. Post any ifo you have for the decks that do well at these tournaments, but also let's discuss these decks!

It appears everyone underrated Durant, and then underrated it again. Durant may be the best deck right now, and I haven't heard much about the Landorus deck. Has anyone else?

According to The Top Cut's Twitter, the Landorus deck was a Landorus/Terrakion/Kyurem/Electrode. This tells me it's basically CoKE, but without Cobalion, and with Landorus and Terrakion instead. This kinda makes sense, considering all the Lightning in the meta, and Landorus helps add to the spread with Kyurem. Terrakion is just a great revenge KOer and seems to be showing up in a lot of CoKE variants these days, including the deck that won yesterday in Florida, which was simply CoKE with Terrakion added in.

Yeah I heard Landorus was beating Durant left and right, but as a tech or it's own deck (Electrode/Landorus/Kyurem).

Not sure how winning 2 cities makes durant best deck.

Tons of decks have more tournament wins than durant.

Underrated? Sure. Best deck? Not even close
Posted with Mobile style...

Not sure how winning 2 cities makes durant best deck.

Tons of decks have more tournament wins than durant.

Underrated? Sure. Best deck? Not even close
Posted with Mobile style...

Two cities in one of the most competitive marathons in North America. Hence the thread and the attention. Techs being employed against a deck that some consider a joke. Underrated is right. Best deck could be possible.

Two cities in one of the most competitive marathons in North America. Hence the thread and the attention. Techs being employed against a deck that some consider a joke. Underrated is right. Best deck could be possible.
This. You can't just write off 2 wins when the field has Sami Sekkoum, Jason Klazinski, Kyle Sucevich, Michael Pramawat, and lots, lots more fantastic players.

This. You can't just write off 2 wins when the field has Sami Sekkoum, Jason Klazinski, Kyle Sucevich, Michael Pramawat, and lots, lots more fantastic players.

maybe they're losing on purpose and when nats comes along and everyone is playing durant.... they all play reshiphlosion and sweep

I don't know any more than you guys know about the marathon, but I have to say Durant has left an impression on me too. I always knew it was good, way better than people gave it credit for, and I think the fact that it has already won 2 cities in motherfreakin Florida kinda tells us that this is a deck we really need to watch out for. Disruption is just too good.

maybe they're losing on purpose and when nats comes along and everyone is playing durant.... they all play reshiphlosion and sweep

They're smart. They're not devious. Heck, Nessie's playing Durant. Or he did for at least one of these things.

note there was no durant in top cut at lauderhill on tuesday and very miniscule durant on monday.
That's because people started to counter it after it's initial strong showing, right?

I think that may be the decks greatest weakness; it's not THAT hard to counter, if you know what you are doing.

Good players include;
Jason Klacz (2x world champ)
Sami Sekkoum (UK nats champion every year, worlds runner up, consistently cuts worlds)
Michael Pramawat (Worlds Runner Up)
Luke Reed (T8 Worlds 2011, 2nd NE Regs)
Kyle "POOKA" Sucevich (do I have to write anything here?)
Aaron Curry (worlds competitor)
Kevin Kobayashi (Worlds Competitor 2011)
Justin Sanchez (2011 National Champ)
Harrison Leven (FL Reg champ)
Skyler Knopp (Fl reg runner up)
Orion Craig (Senior Nat Champ/Worlds Competitor)
Chris Bianchi (multiple time worlds competitor)

and tons more.

Last edited:
Good players include;
Jason Klacz (2x world champ)
Sami Sekkoum (UK nats champion every year, worlds runner up, consistently cuts worlds)
Michael Pramawat (Worlds Runner Up)
Luke Reed (incredible player, unsure of accomplishments, know he has many)
Kyle "POOKA" Sucevich (do I have to write anything here?)
Aaron Curry (worlds competitor)
Kevin Kobayashi (Grinded in 2011)
Justin Sanchez (2011 National Champ)
Harrison Leven (FL Reg champ)
Skyler Knopp (Fl reg runner up)
Orion Craig (Worlds Competitor)
Chris Bianchi (multiple time worlds competitor)

and tons more.

and Steven Silvestro (Worlds winner)

2 great players winning with the deck doesnt make it the best deck.

and landorus isnt even so much of a tech vs durant lol.

Back